RUMOUR - Thomas Ince

1138 posts
mikey0406

Re: RUMOUR - Thomas Ince

by mikey0406 » 27 Jan 2013 18:43

Think either up and coming England players would be great signings, good investments for the future

royaldownunder

by royaldownunder » 27 Jan 2013 19:46

mikey0406 This would be very unlike us to allow anything public being allowed to be aired especially with so much money on the cards. What ever happens, with Since or likewise, money will be spent this week with 3 players in, 3 players out!

Even if that did make sense, you are talking bølløcks… most our transfers have been common knowlege.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rumour - Tom Ince

by Millsy » 27 Jan 2013 20:02

jellytot
Royal Rother
jellytot I have been going on a bit that we should spend significantly now (and make no apologies for doing
So, either we aspire to be in the pl in which case we must compete in the transfer windows or want to behave like a championship club). However, even I would be concerned
If we spent £8M on a promising young talent but untested at PL level.

I would like to see us sign someone with proven class in the pl whom we know will deliver.

Ince would be a good signing but for me £8m is ridiculous. £3 TO £4m maybe.
Someone will beat us to his signature anyway. HARRY is on the prowl.

So you STILL think that spending big guarantees success and / or is the only route to PL survival.

How quaint.

Yep

What's just as quaint is the belief that we can definitely survive in the prem with a brick by brick approach only and we should press ahead only with that mentality regardless.

No one approach will guarantee success but its bleedingly obvious that one has to be open to getting the man we need with a £8 or so transfer fee every now and then. The option has to be on the table and I for one believe if it's necessary we will.

Divvy

by Divvy » 27 Jan 2013 20:05

So Reading scoff at Palace for upping the price of Zaha to £6m last summer but you all buy into us bidding £8m for an unproven winger? :lol:

You lot never fcuking learn.

Brum fans are saying that we are looking at two of Birmingham's players. Davies and ? Burke? Redmond? (too expensive), Butland? (too expensive)..

Divvy

by Divvy » 27 Jan 2013 20:09

SPARTA

Probably Doyle anyway. :roll:

SSN all over it now. :lol: :roll: :?

Ince was at Oldham today so probably closing in on a move to Liverpool. Hope we leave Doyle alone. Not the same player he was when he was here.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 27 Jan 2013 20:10

Divvy
SPARTA

Probably Doyle anyway. :roll:

SSN all over it now. :lol: :roll: :?

Ince was at Oldham today so probably closing in on a move to Liverpool. Hope we leave Doyle alone. Not the same player he was when he was here.

Thomas Ince ‏@RealThomasInce
Congrats goes to my pal @dbouzanis43 was great to go watch him zing a few balls again

Maybe just a coincidence...

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 27 Jan 2013 20:32

Divvy Brum fans are saying that we are looking at two of Birmingham's players. Davies and ? Burke? Redmond? (too expensive), Butland? (too expensive)..

Not a bad shout... the Brum players are only worth as much as the team whose looking wants to put forward. If they are sinking towards administration, no team is going to go "so sorry about your predicament, we'll take Davies and Redmond, here take £5 million... we dont have to give you it, but we thought we'd be nice"

total_biscuit

by total_biscuit » 27 Jan 2013 20:46

Saw Ince at Huddersfield on Boxing day and he was certainly a better class of player than his teammates but far from the finished article. Have to agree that 7m+ is way too high a valuation at this stage of his career. He's good but not that good - yet ...

TB

ChampionRoyal

by ChampionRoyal » 27 Jan 2013 20:58

jellytot

by jellytot » 27 Jan 2013 21:22

Great signing for about £4m for £8m very expensive. In reality he will probably go else where. If anyone costs more than 10 bob we run a mile.

Nice to dream though. Maybe one day..

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 27 Jan 2013 22:21

total_biscuit Saw Ince at Huddersfield on Boxing day and he was certainly a better class of player than his teammates but far from the finished article. Have to agree that 7m+ is way too high a valuation at this stage of his career. He's good but not that good - yet ...

TB

60 odd appearances and 20 goals in the championship for a winger...thats ridiculous!

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 27 Jan 2013 22:35

I reckon he'd step up, and I'd also be happy if the club felt that £8m was worth it. A lot of money for an unproven player, especially for us. 20 goals in 60 games as a winger is a very nice record though. If we feel he's good enough to play in our first team in the premier league and can only get better then I'd love to see him here.

Can't see Liverpool letting him get away though, you'd think they'd have bought him already though if they really are interested.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Jan 2013 22:45

2 world wars, 1 world cup
jellytot
Royal Rother So you STILL think that spending big guarantees success and / or is the only route to PL survival.

How quaint.

Yep

What's just as quaint is the belief that we can definitely survive in the prem with a brick by brick approach only and we should press ahead only with that mentality regardless.

No one approach will guarantee success but its bleedingly obvious that one has to be open to getting the man we need with a £8 or so transfer fee every now and then. The option has to be on the table and I for one believe if it's necessary we will.

Are you expecting me to disagree with all that?

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 27 Jan 2013 23:29

If Zaha is worth £15million then this is an absolute steal

*Zaha is not worth £15million

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Jan 2013 23:31

akranes I reckon he'd step up, and I'd also be happy if the club felt that £8m was worth it. A lot of money for an unproven player, especially for us. 20 goals in 60 games as a winger is a very nice record though. If we feel he's good enough to play in our first team in the premier league and can only get better then I'd love to see him here.

Can't see Liverpool letting him get away though, you'd think they'd have bought him already though if they really are interested.

unless they're in for gylfi sigurdsson as a cheaper option?

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 28 Jan 2013 02:02

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... arget.html

Its the daily mail, so likely to be a load of crap, but interesting none the less. How do people read this, is it they want 7m from Liverpool because of the sell on clause or is it that if we upped our bid by 500,000 we would have it accepted?

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 28 Jan 2013 09:03

pea If Zaha is worth £15million then this is an absolute steal

*Zaha is not worth £15million

This.

£8m is only expensive depending on what he creates. If he settles and bangs in loads of goals and keeps us up he's a bargain. For a player that is of good pedigree he is an investment, the price doesn't just crash. His resell value will still be high

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 28 Jan 2013 10:07

Seems silly to quibble over an extra 500k when you're rumoured to have offered 6.5m+addons

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 28 Jan 2013 10:23

almost as silly as just offering the full valuation in any negotiation

dont think ive seen anyone saying it will definitely keep us up at all.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 28 Jan 2013 10:32

I would love if it if we made this signing just for the lol @ melonhead and his mates who think the club will do a Portsmouth if we spend more than £300,000 on a player.

1138 posts