RUMOUR - Thomas Ince

1138 posts
andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Thomas Ince

by andrew1957 » 28 Jan 2013 17:48

melonhead
If RFC offered 6.5M for any player in this transfer window I would be absolutely gobsmacked.

seems to me there is a good chance that we have already done so twice

Club denied any interest in Siggy last summer and no proof we have made an offer for Ince - just silly rumours in both cases most likely.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 28 Jan 2013 18:00

there was that spanish bloke too for 8M.

usually rumours say we are interested, or and looking at

when people start quoting actual bids i start to believe them more.
& when the selling clubs start mentioning our bids i believe them even more.

& i only said there was a good chance tbf

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 28 Jan 2013 19:28

melonhead there was that spanish bloke too for 8M.

Fantastic reportage Brenders.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 28 Jan 2013 19:49

LOL @ the idea that anyone unemployed would waste their life on here

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 28 Jan 2013 19:59

I can't see him linking up well with Gylfi or Ruel Fox, so I hope we steer clear of this one.

royaldownunder

by royaldownunder » 28 Jan 2013 20:03

andrew1957 If RFC offered 6.5M for any player in this transfer window I would be absolutely gobsmacked.

Maybe we will start spending that sort of money in future years (assuming we are still in the PL) with new TV deals etc, but I just cannot belive it will happen this month. In a way I hope I am surprised - but on the other hand the Reading way is to buy League 1 and 2 players for 300K and turn them into PL stars and I rather like that about us.

At least with the arrival of Anton there is less risk of us selling our good players and that in itself is a huge step forward.

BMD Quote:
McDermott is, however, keen to point out that Reading will look to bring in high-profile, and potentially costly, additions if there is a deal to be done.

He said: "We haven't broken the bank, I certainly haven't in the last three years and we probably haven't in the last 12 years as a club.

"That's not to say that if a player came in that we felt was right for us, at the right cost, then the owner would have to make a decision to back that deal. Then we will wait and see.

"It's not a case of we wouldn't if it was right."

I think its fair to say we will spend money on the right player

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Jan 2013 20:11

pea LOL @ the idea that anyone unemployed would waste their life on here

What about Mmm Monster Munch?

Cypry

by Cypry » 28 Jan 2013 21:07

M Brook
Barry the bird boggler Ridiculous to quibble over 400k when you're proposing 6.6m plus ad dons

I'd meet the 7m but there would be no addons

The problem clearly is the ridiculous 35% sell on clause that Liverpool have over Ince. For every £1m we offer, a third of that is going down the road to Anfield. £7m = £4.5m to Blackpool and £2.5m to the Binydippers. There is no doubt the guy is a class act and would be worth every penny of £7m, £8m or even £9m and would be a great statement of intent by RFC. All things being equal, Ince will be an England player in a couple of years. If we were to stay up, his presence could persuade a few other potential signings that little Reading aint so little anymore.

Hence our "offer" is more or less equivalent to Liverpools in terms of what Blackpool would stand to get from the deal...

Makes me laugh all this "it's just another £400k, just splash the cash"....

For one thing, even if we have actually made an offer, all the figures mentioned are hugely speculative....they could be miles wide of the truth...

Also, I'd like to compile a list of all the "just pay the asking price" brigade, so that next time I'm selling my house / car, I can get in touch with you....if you're happy to pay the asking price without a speculative offer first, then I'd be keen to speak to you....

Jimmyshark

by Jimmyshark » 28 Jan 2013 21:16

Tokyo Sex Whale WOAH WOAH WOAH!

What a bell

The Royal

by The Royal » 28 Jan 2013 21:30

I don't have enough time to spell check.

I'd say you have too much time

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rumour - Tom Ince

by Millsy » 28 Jan 2013 21:45

Royal Rother
2 world wars, 1 world cup
jellytot
Yep

What's just as quaint is the belief that we can definitely survive in the prem with a brick by brick approach only and we should press ahead only with that mentality regardless.

No one approach will guarantee success but its bleedingly obvious that one has to be open to getting the man we need with a £8 or so transfer fee every now and then. The option has to be on the table and I for one believe if it's necessary we will.

Are you expecting me to disagree with all that?

Dammit.

Go on makes for good banter! ;)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Jan 2013 22:40

royaldownunder
andrew1957 If RFC offered 6.5M for any player in this transfer window I would be absolutely gobsmacked.

Maybe we will start spending that sort of money in future years (assuming we are still in the PL) with new TV deals etc, but I just cannot belive it will happen this month. In a way I hope I am surprised - but on the other hand the Reading way is to buy League 1 and 2 players for 300K and turn them into PL stars and I rather like that about us.

At least with the arrival of Anton there is less risk of us selling our good players and that in itself is a huge step forward.

BMD Quote:
McDermott is, however, keen to point out that Reading will look to bring in high-profile, and potentially costly, additions if there is a deal to be done.

He said: "We haven't broken the bank, I certainly haven't in the last three years and we probably haven't in the last 12 years as a club.

"That's not to say that if a player came in that we felt was right for us, at the right cost, then the owner would have to make a decision to back that deal. Then we will wait and see.

Always been that way. Well since Coppell at least. Maybe not so under Pards who had to deal with the fall out of Burns idiotic spending.

royaldownunder

by royaldownunder » 28 Jan 2013 23:16

Ian Royal
royaldownunder

BMD Quote:

Always been that way. Well since Coppell at least. Maybe not so under Pards who had to deal with the fall out of Burns idiotic spending.

Yep, though things have certainly moved up in scale since the likes of our "£1 million pound man" Lita, although a momentous occasion, it does show that we are capable of splurging on expensive over arrogant jailbait. Hopefully we've learn't our lesson ;)

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 29 Jan 2013 10:46

Bid for Ince confirmed

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 29 Jan 2013 10:53

winchester_royal Bid for Ince confirmed

That means it's not happening then, we stay quiet about players we actually sign.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 29 Jan 2013 10:54

Simon's Church

That means it's not happening then, we stay quiet about players we actually sign.

'Greed, this is just the club waving their willies around before the inevitable signing of Simon Church to a 10 year deal

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 29 Jan 2013 11:00

Smokescreen for the Gylfi bid.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 29 Jan 2013 11:01

By?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 29 Jan 2013 11:01

maffff

By?

McDermott in his presser

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 29 Jan 2013 11:06

winchester_royal
maffff