RUMOUR - Thomas Ince

1138 posts
urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

Re: RUMOUR - Thomas Ince

by urz13 » 29 Jan 2013 20:18

royaldownunder
SPARTA He's free in the summer? There's no way we have offered £7m. Half that maybe.

Blackpool are to reject a £6.5million offer from Reading for Tom Ince.
The bid was made over the weekend with Reading promising add-ons but Blackpool want more for the England Under 21 international.
They have already rejected a £4.75m offer from Liverpool and want a clear £7m from Ince’s former club who also have a 35 per cent sell-on clause.

They turned down our last offer… I think it's possible upped our offer since, but nobody knows anything really, hence all the headless chickens.
Blackpool will go down to the wire on this and dont have to sell so I imagine will only take close to or no less than their valuation of 8m

If his contract is up in the summer they'd be mad not to sell. Probably just trying to squeeze as much as possible out of us or liverpool

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 29 Jan 2013 20:19

urz13
royaldownunder
SPARTA He's free in the summer? There's no way we have offered £7m. Half that maybe.

Blackpool are to reject a £6.5million offer from Reading for Tom Ince.
The bid was made over the weekend with Reading promising add-ons but Blackpool want more for the England Under 21 international.
They have already rejected a £4.75m offer from Liverpool and want a clear £7m from Ince’s former club who also have a 35 per cent sell-on clause.

They turned down our last offer… I think it's possible upped our offer since, but nobody knows anything really, hence all the headless chickens.
Blackpool will go down to the wire on this and dont have to sell so I imagine will only take close to or no less than their valuation of 8m

If his contract is up in the summer they'd be mad not to sell. Probably just trying to squeeze as much as possible out of us or liverpool

Doing their business well, fair play to them. He won't come to Reading.

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 29 Jan 2013 20:30

Blackpool are laughing.
When you've got 2 bidders it becomes like ebay, pushing the price up for each other. The only winner financially will be Blackpool.
He'd be a top quality signing, looks like McD has him penciled in to play off Pog hearing his no. 10 statements...

Divvy

by Divvy » 29 Jan 2013 20:31

Signed for £7.2m - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Ince

#kids

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 29 Jan 2013 20:35

he will sign for reading.

Divvy

by Divvy » 29 Jan 2013 20:37

akranes he will sign for reading.

Shaddup. :lol:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 29 Jan 2013 20:37

Why am I so not bothered about this?

Granted I don't know much about other team players but a championship player 7million?

Siggy, who was pretty awesome was way overpriced at 7 or so and we were laughing. What makes anyone think this fella is worth anything over 3mill?

Im not stating an opinion I'm asking. What's the hype about this chap?

Divvy

by Divvy » 29 Jan 2013 20:41

2 world wars, 1 world cup Why am I so not bothered about this?

Granted I don't know much about other team players but a championship player 7million?

Siggy, who was pretty awesome was way overpriced at 7 or so and we were laughing. What makes anyone think this fella is worth anything over 3mill?

Agreed. We must be able to get proven quality at the top level for that money, and my other concern is if we go down, we probably have one season with him at the most before his dad tells him he needs to get out and save his career..

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 29 Jan 2013 20:41

Brians happy with what hes got

"But if we don't sign anyone else in this window I'll still be happy. We've signed three players already and we're moving in the right direction. The most important players are always the ones who are here, not players who play for other clubs. If you do deals that you think can add to your squad then great, but if not I couldn't be happier to go with the players we've got."

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 29 Jan 2013 20:42

I'm going to go out of my way and say this signing is the only one we need to make on deadline day, and we don't even NEED to make this one.

Ince would give us the option of playing a 4-2-3-1 and give us cover for Kebe and McAnuff if they get injured. We don't need Blackman but he would offer a different
option to a Hunt who will not be here after this summer.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 29 Jan 2013 20:44

Why would you sign someone that does not add to your squad?

Bollox comment from Brian. We are not up to this level so we can either get relegated or try to improve the squad, simple really.
Last edited by Harpers So Solid Crew on 29 Jan 2013 20:44, edited 1 time in total.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 29 Jan 2013 20:44

transfer update at 12; more info on ince? likely. i'd stay here all night if i were you. ref. to my previous post, he will sign here.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 29 Jan 2013 20:45

2 world wars, 1 world cup Why am I so not bothered about this?

Well, we have to ask ourselves his he as good or better than Zaha?If he is then we would probably have to fork out a lot more than we are offering.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 29 Jan 2013 20:45

I wonder if Blackpool will accept a Wonga type loan for Ince?

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 29 Jan 2013 20:46

akranes transfer update at 12; more info on ince? likely. i'd stay here all night if i were you. ref. to my previous post, he will sign here.

Are we seriously going to sign him at 12 midnight. Paul probably wants him home by 9pm!

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 29 Jan 2013 20:46

Reading4eva I wonder if Blackpool will accept a Wonga type loan for Ince?

my source says you have zero credibility and the credit status of a crab

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 29 Jan 2013 20:47

Reading4eva
akranes transfer update at 12; more info on ince? likely. i'd stay here all night if i were you. ref. to my previous post, he will sign here.

Are we seriously going to sign him at 12 midnight. Paul probably wants him home by 9pm!

Yes, we will. ref. to my previous posts.

The Royal

by The Royal » 29 Jan 2013 20:47

Archie's penalty I'm going to go out of my way and say this signing is the only one we need to make on deadline day, and we don't even NEED to make this one.

Ince would give us the option of playing a 4-2-3-1 and give us cover for Kebe and McAnuff if they get injured. We don't need Blackman but he would offer a different

Cover for jimmy and jobi???? If we're paying 7mil+ I want him to start lol

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 29 Jan 2013 20:47

Harpers So Solid Crew Why would you sign someone that does not add to your squad?

Bollox comment from Brian. We are not up to this level so we can either get relegated or try to improve the squad, simple really.

I think we do have enough. But more would help.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 29 Jan 2013 20:48

The Royal
Archie's penalty I'm going to go out of my way and say this signing is the only one we need to make on deadline day, and we don't even NEED to make this one.

Cover for jimmy and jobi???? If we're paying 7mil+ I want him to start lol

I think he'd want to start too :P

1138 posts