January Window

692 posts
melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: January Window

by melonhead » 01 Feb 2013 16:06

tbf i think the offer for hooper was about right, and the deal fell through when celtic failed to get permission from wolves to speak to doyle

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 01 Feb 2013 16:50

melonhead
Extended-Phenotype I hope so. But he's not an attack mid that we desperately need to make the 4-5-1 competitive. Blackman could also be a good player, but why do we need another striker?

Just doesn't seem we've strengthened where we needed it most.

id argue the 4th striker was the most important cover needed after CM and RB

I'd argue that buying players to improve the first team, who have left us clinging to the cliff by a fingernail was most important.

Not much point backing up a team that won't get us survival in my opinion.

Royal Rads

by Royal Rads » 01 Feb 2013 18:23

Royal Rads Got the opportunity to ask McDermott a few questions at a lecture a while back, he said we did go in for gylfi in the summer but Tottenham obv weren't willing to let him go as he's pretty much dempseys sub, however this leads me to feel if we can dig into our pockets for the 'right player' that gylfi obviously is and most important Tottenham complete the holtby buy early then we may get him, in an interview a while back may have been after Tottenham game McDermott eluded to him playing in hoops again in the future being a possibility, I dunno maybe I'm just still in denial but I'm starting to see that he may come back if not this window then next :)

Well I was close lol gutted it didn't go through, lets hope AVB decides Holtby + Dempsey is enough in the summer.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 01 Feb 2013 18:27

You ask me Akpan demonstrated the range and style of passing required to play as the more attacking option in a 3 man midfield, is he really the player people are assuming he is?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Feb 2013 18:45

Not sure if anyone heard it but Nicky Hammond was just on BBCRB explaining the going ons.

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 01 Feb 2013 19:10

Ideal
MmmMonsterMunch Not sure if anyone heard it but Nicky Hammond was just on BBCRB explaining the going ons.

Nicky Hammond Well we put in a derisory offer for Ince, then we went and blabbed about it in the press, all along knowing full well it would never be accepted, but the stupid fans are dumb enough to fall for it every single time, we've done this over and over and it never gets old! Afterwards we celebrated with some black hole champagne, and I swear, AZ just wouldn't stop laughing at how gullible our fans are!

I absolutely refute the suggestion the royals fans are gullible.

It's out of order Nick Hammond saying that live on the radio

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Feb 2013 19:45

Hammond actually said we'd offered north of £10m to get Gylfi back. I really don't see why they'd lie about that TBH.

I guess we have to remember we are not an attractive proposition for proven PL talent at the moment unless we go all QPR & offer ridiculous money. I am glad we don't operate like that as we'll always be taken for mugs in future.

QPR are getting arseraped by every other club. £12.5m for what is clearly a completely unfit Samba??

The worlds gone mad I tell ya!

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 01 Feb 2013 20:17

TommyF
Ideal
MmmMonsterMunch Not sure if anyone heard it but Nicky Hammond was just on BBCRB explaining the going ons.

Nicky Hammond Well we put in a derisory offer for Ince, then we went and blabbed about it in the press, all along knowing full well it would never be accepted, but the stupid fans are dumb enough to fall for it every single time, we've done this over and over and it never gets old! Afterwards we celebrated with some black hole champagne, and I swear, AZ just wouldn't stop laughing at how gullible our fans are!

I absolutely refute the suggestion the royals fans are gullible.

whoooosh

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 01 Feb 2013 20:22

ZacNaloen You ask me Akpan demonstrated the range and style of passing required to play as the more attacking option in a 3 man midfield, is he really the player people are assuming he is?

I agree with this. Need more than a couple of cameos to be sure though.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 01 Feb 2013 21:07

windermere_royal
TommyF I absolutely refute the suggestion the royals fans are gullible.

whoooosh

DOUBLE WHOOOOOOSH!!!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 01 Feb 2013 23:42

Scutterbucketz
windermere_royal
TommyF I absolutely refute the suggestion the royals fans are gullible.

whoooosh

DOUBLE WHOOOOOOSH!!!

I'm hoping for a triple whoosh here otherwise my fellow w_r has had a shocker.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Feb 2013 13:27

ZacNaloen You ask me Akpan demonstrated the range and style of passing required to play as the more attacking option in a 3 man midfield, is he really the player people are assuming he is?

Looks like a Sidwell to me. Box to box, decent range of passing, threatens the goal and will put his foot in defensively, even if he isn't a great tackler.

Before any summer transfers, we could see an effective passing team of:
..............Federici
...Kelly, Pearce, Mariappa, Shorey
...............Carrico
..........Guthrie..Akpan
Kebe............................McAnuff
.................Pog

692 posts