Alex Pearce

769 posts
ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

Re: Alex Pearce

by ZacNaloen » 04 Feb 2013 16:38

If he has ambitions and the club can't match them he needs to be smart and not put his ambitions on hold for his love of this club.

And that is that.

If we stay up, I suspect we'd be more willing to match his expectations of his worth. He'll be that much older and that much more proven in the league.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 04 Feb 2013 17:05

biscuitman Change of agent to Hal's brother is the main reason for the hold up of contract. Apparently he has quite a few offers on the table.

http://www.protektsportsmanagement.com/ ... bson-kanu/

Not quite sure what to make of this, but I don't like it!

Presumably HRK will get a referral bonus when Pearcey joins Liverpool. Can't we gazump this by offered in HRK and Pearcey a joint 3 year deal?

Although I would add that I can't see him staying with us - he'd have signed by now if he hadn't had his head turned. If we go down he'll want to leave and if we stay up he'll get better offers. Sad as I am to see a lad from South Oxfordshire come through the ranks like this and leave on a free at the earliest opportunity, I take my hat of to him for his first class attitude this season. If he lands a massive deal at a top club on the back of keeping us up, thats worth more than any transfer fee.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 04 Feb 2013 17:08

Football fans are just going to have to accept, it doesn't matter how much a player may love their hometown club, if they have a better offer elsewhere they will go for it.

You would too. If we stay up maybe we can find the money in the budget, if we think he's worth it and can't buy better. It's a ruthless business and loyalty comes second to ambition. And that's both sides of the negotiating table.

RoyalTank

by RoyalTank » 04 Feb 2013 17:11

ZacNaloen Football fans are just going to have to accept, it doesn't matter how much a player may love their hometown club, if they have a better offer elsewhere they will go for it.

You would too. If we stay up maybe we can find the money in the budget, if we think he's worth it and can't buy better. It's a ruthless business and loyalty comes second to ambition. And that's both sides of the negotiating table.

of course, but at the same time why would he not have just told brian that he wanted to leave so we could at least get a small fee for him in january.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Feb 2013 17:13

ZacNaloen If he has ambitions and the club can't match them he needs to be smart and not put his ambitions on hold for his love of this club.

And that is that.

If we stay up, I suspect we'd be more willing to match his expectations of his worth. He'll be that much older and that much more proven in the league.

Agree. I reckon there's a difference of opinion on value / relegation wage clauses right now, with both parties content to wait and see. If we stay up, I think agreement will be made very quickly. If we go down I think it'll be a long wait to see if he can get a deal at another PL team.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 04 Feb 2013 17:13

If we go down, and he leaves, Morrison or Gorkss will do a job in the chump alongside Mapps.

If we stay up, he can be replaced. I am confident he will do his utmost to keep us up even if he isn't going to sign a new contract.

It is not the end of the world.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 04 Feb 2013 17:21

He wants to sign the deal, it's the club who are playing hard to get. So I'm told.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 04 Feb 2013 17:50

If he wants to sign the deal at a fair price then fair enough. But if Pearcey is asking for a trillion squid per week then maybe the club are not playing hard to get.

Do you know what Pearcey is holding out for?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 04 Feb 2013 19:15

Form since Pearce returned to the lineup:
Played 10
Won 6
Drawn 2
Lost 2

Form after he was dropped after West Brom away:
Played 15
Won 2
Drawn 5
Lost 8

League points with Pearce since return: 15 ...1.875 ppg - if we carried this over the season, we would be 3rd.
League points without Pearce: 8...0.615 ppg

Go figure.

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 04 Feb 2013 19:26

MouldyRoyal If we go down, and he leaves, Morrison or Gorkss will do a job in the chump alongside Mapps.

If we stay up, he can be replaced. I am confident he will do his utmost to keep us up even if he isn't going to sign a new contract.

It is not the end of the world.

Plus Hector + Carico + Bryn (if we go down).

The Royal

by The Royal » 04 Feb 2013 19:35

The sun claiming Sunderland and West Brom have joined to race to sign readi gas " contract rebel"

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 05 Feb 2013 15:02

If we stay up, we can afford to give him signing bonus comparable to what other teams could offer and it's all good. I think it's purely about not wanting to be tied to Championship football next season. There's no guarantee he'll leave if he becomes a free agent.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 05 Feb 2013 15:06

He wants to sign. The club are just not meeting his request.

I doubt it's that outlandish; so much for new era.

Esteban

by Esteban » 05 Feb 2013 15:37

Extended-Phenotype He wants to sign. The club are just not meeting his request.

I think there's enough mutual respect between player and club that neither would hold the other to ransom. I have a hunch that the problem is down to agent fees.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 05 Feb 2013 15:52

I doubt that it's not outlandish. Glad to see the new era's not being held to ransom.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 05 Feb 2013 15:56

mr_number

I doubt that it's not outlandish. Glad to see the new era's not being held to ransom.

I doubt that it isn't not outlandish. Sad to see the not old era's isn't not reluctant to keep players that didn't not contribute to our stability at the back Isn't not.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 05 Feb 2013 16:01

The club will probably wait until they know what division they will be playing in next year before putting any more offers to him, and probably the right coarse of action.

I like Pearce but certainly think we have enough already in our squad to more than cope if we are in the Chump, and if we do stay up, I am confident we could replace him, or possible offer the terms he wants.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 05 Feb 2013 16:14

I expect Pearce has also let it run down as now he can talk to clubs and also see for himself his market value

If we stay up then chances are he'll sign on again unless Liverpool or someone of that ilk are offering a deal

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 05 Feb 2013 16:17

Big Ern The club will probably wait until they know what division they will be playing in next year before putting any more offers to him, and probably the right coarse of action.

Maybe. I'd rather they were were a bit smoother about the whole thing myself.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 05 Feb 2013 16:18

Barry the bird boggler I expect Pearce has also let it run down as now he can talk to clubs

Only clubs abroad - which tbh, he won't bother doing as none of the "top clubs" will take him

Clubs in England have to wait until season end

Also, will we get a fee for him, as he was under 24 at season start........this could be fairly big considering we've had him since he was born

769 posts