Re: Link with Galatasaray

by melonhead » 15 Feb 2013 15:40

oooo you massive racist

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 15 Feb 2013 15:56

I reckon in real life Jem Karacan is probably the biggest helmet in the Reading squad. The sort of bloke you'd avoid like the plague on a night out.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 15 Feb 2013 16:15

Woorldy banter apparently.

Basically agree Maguire, not met the guy, but his contributions to culture via twitter inform a lot...

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 15 Feb 2013 16:27

Think we could say the same about almost any modern footballer tbf though

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Feb 2013 16:32

Agreed about Jem, although strangely Sean Morrison is someone I could see myself growing old with.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Feb 2013 17:00

ZacNaloen Woorldy banter apparently.

Basically agree Maguire, not met the guy, but his contributions to culture via twitter inform a lot...

twitter will bring that out of the most rational and well balanced mind tbf

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Feb 2013 17:03

winchester_royal Think we could say the same about almost any modern footballer tbf though

He seems to be towards one end of the spectrum to me.

Decent player mind.

Royal Dee

by Royal Dee » 15 Feb 2013 18:50

This might be the only time i can put my turkish in to use being half turkish...

The artical basically says;
"Galatasary have agreed terms with Reading to send youth players from Galatasary to Reading for development. Galatasary and Reading with work together on training and bring up new players as Galatasary look to further themselfs in europe" the rest of the artical goes on to give an explanation to who we are since Reading are relativly unknown in Turkey.
I have never heard of this website before but it claims to have got the information from the "Hurriyet" which is a reliable as your going to get in Turkey but i have not seen the original post from Hurriyet so far.

Looks pretty unlikely to happen but if it does go through we can pretty much gareentee to say goodbye to Jem since hes a Galatasary fan.

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 15 Feb 2013 19:27

Will only believe all of this when Fordham publishes it. Secondly the OS.

;)

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Feb 2013 23:27

Royal Dee Looks pretty unlikely to happen but if it does go through we can pretty much gareentee to say goodbye to Jem since hes a Galatasary fan.

Jem's already rejected Galatasary once (and incurred his father's wrath) because he doesn't like Turkey as much as he likes England.

I've met Karacan and he was alright. Not Pearce alright but above Lita or Stack.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 16 Feb 2013 00:01

Meteor hits Russia. Coincidence? Maybe.

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 16 Feb 2013 11:20

Of all the football clubs, in all the world, why do those knife wielding murdering cowards choose us. Horrible club, horrible fans, and no thanks. Don't want any of their trouble making crap anywhere near us.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 16 Feb 2013 14:36

Royalclapper Of all the football clubs, in all the world, why do those knife wielding murdering cowards choose us. Horrible club, horrible fans, and no thanks. Don't want any of their trouble making crap anywhere near us.

But can't you imagine a beautiful midnight friendly full of flares, flares, flares, flares, flares, knives, flares, flares, flares and epic 'banter'? I mean the banter and the flares would just be jokes bro lol.

rfc58

by rfc58 » 16 Feb 2013 22:41

Royalclapper Of all the football clubs, in all the world, why do those knife wielding murdering cowards choose us. Horrible club, horrible fans, and no thanks. Don't want any of their trouble making crap anywhere near us.

My thoughts exactly.

Vermin fans, vermin club.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 26 Feb 2013 15:23

Reading FC & Galatasaray become sister clubs

Reading FC and Galatasaray have signed an agreement linking the two teams as sister clubs.

The Istanbul club hosted Reading officials including chief executive Nigel Howe and board member Christopher Samuelson were among the dignitaries present at the signing ceremony held at the Türk Telekom Arena stadium.

Galatasaray president Ünal Aysal and chief executive Lutfi Arıboğan were also among the hosts.

The deal will see both clubs working together in various commercial and footballing projects.

Howe said, "It's a great opportunity for both clubs. Especially in terms of scouting and future transfer deals.

"We will provide consultation to Galatasaray for players from England they are interested in and vica-versa."

Samuelson said, "It's a deal which is very important to us, we want to develop along with Galatasaray. Galatasaray will become our scouting partner and we will recommend each other players.

"In my opinion Galatasaray is the biggest club in Turkey, it's great to be associated with them.

"There are a lot of Turks in England, especially in London. Jem Karacan is a prime example and he supports Galatasaray so it's also having a positive effect on our players.

"The clubs will be visiting each other regularly particularly during pre-season."

http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=4264

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Feb 2013 15:26

maffff
Reading FC & Galatasaray become sister clubs

Reading FC and Galatasaray have signed an agreement linking the two teams as sister clubs.

The Istanbul club hosted Reading officials including chief executive Nigel Howe and board member Christopher Samuelson were among the dignitaries present at the signing ceremony held at the Türk Telekom Arena stadium.

Galatasaray president Ünal Aysal and chief executive Lutfi Arıboğan were also among the hosts.

The deal will see both clubs working together in various commercial and footballing projects.

Howe said, "It's a great opportunity for both clubs. Especially in terms of scouting and future transfer deals.

"We will provide consultation to Galatasaray for players from England they are interested in and vica-versa."

Samuelson said, "It's a deal which is very important to us, we want to develop along with Galatasaray. Galatasaray will become our scouting partner and we will recommend each other players.

"In my opinion Galatasaray is the biggest club in Turkey, it's great to be associated with them.

"There are a lot of Turks in England, especially in London. Jem Karacan is a prime example and he supports Galatasaray so it's also having a positive effect on our players.

"The clubs will be visiting each other regularly particularly during pre-season."

http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=4264

Sister clubs? Ghey.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 26 Feb 2013 15:31

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 26 Feb 2013 16:03

lemon party

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 26 Feb 2013 16:22

"Dear Leeds United.......

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 26 Feb 2013 16:47

IN for the pre-season friendly (away). Fabulous city.

Mind you, their stadium may be shiny and modern, (opened 2010, retractable roof, 52,000+ capacity) but for location you cannot beat Besiktas:

http://blogestadios.blogspot.co.uk/2010/05/estadio-besiktas-bjk-inonu.html

136 posts