Dubai - Training

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Dubai - Training

by bobby1413 » 23 Feb 2013 19:23

RoyalBlue After today's gutless and appalling performance, if the players and management had any decency at all, they will make a donation to charity equivalent to the total cost of their 'Dubai Jolly'.

What use would that do?

Stupidest post ever.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 23 Feb 2013 19:28

RoyalBlue After today's gutless and appalling performance, if the players and management had any decency at all, they will make a donation to charity equivalent to the total cost of their 'Dubai Jolly'.

Some of the supporters sat in the freezing cold today forgo holidays in the sun, in order that they can afford to support their team. For the players to get an all expenses trip to Dubai (and anyone who thinks it wasn't a jolly as much as training, should read some of the players' tweets) and then roll over like they did today is an insult to all paying supporters.

And you wonder why I'm not debating with you? I sat in the freezing cold today. I've done it every winter for the last 43 years. We were outraged at half time thinking about those bastards being in Dubai. OUTRAGED.

You really are a massive twat aren't you.

Za Vas

by Za Vas » 23 Feb 2013 19:32

How outraged?

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 23 Feb 2013 19:33

Para Handy wrote: And you wonder why I'm not debating with you? I sat in the freezing cold today. I've done it every winter for the last 43 years. We were outraged at half time thinking about those bastards being in Dubai. OUTRAGED.

Breacon Beacons next week for training with the SAS to knock em into shape for the last eleven games.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 23 Feb 2013 19:49

Za Vas How outraged?

Outraged enough to not even bear thinking about it.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 25 Feb 2013 10:39

bobby1413

What use would that do?

Stupidest post ever.

It's not even his stupidest this week.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 25 Feb 2013 10:44

Funnily* enough one of the things I thought while walking to the bus stop on Saturday was "some outraged bell end is going to somehow relate this poor display to the trip to Dubai" I just didn't think about how they'd try to compare our efforts to sit in the cold for 90 minutes to the wonderful life these footballers lead, who knew etc

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 25 Feb 2013 10:48

The inept way we chased the shadows of Wigan's 1-2s and failed to mark at all was highly reminiscent of a beach football game I once had against some skinny spaniards after having too much San Miguel.

In short, our players were in the holiday mood on Saturday, Wigan's were up for a premierleague game.

I'm not sure you can dismiss Dubai as a factor.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 25 Feb 2013 11:24

Silver Fox Funnily* enough one of the things I thought while walking to the bus stop on Saturday was "some outraged bell end is going to somehow relate this poor display to the trip to Dubai" I just didn't think about how they'd try to compare our efforts to sit in the cold for 90 minutes to the wonderful life these footballers lead, who knew etc

While I don't think you can blame it on the trip, I do wonder if putting our players through 2 long plane trips and the resulting jet lag less than a week after some players have just been halfway round the world with their countries on international duty was the best idea possible.

Only the players can answer that I suppose but I don't think its outrageous to question whether it was the right move to make.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 25 Feb 2013 12:03

Wimb
Silver Fox Funnily* enough one of the things I thought while walking to the bus stop on Saturday was "some outraged bell end is going to somehow relate this poor display to the trip to Dubai" I just didn't think about how they'd try to compare our efforts to sit in the cold for 90 minutes to the wonderful life these footballers lead, who knew etc

While I don't think you can blame it on the trip, I do wonder if putting our players through 2 long plane trips and the resulting jet lag less than a week after some players have just been halfway round the world with their countries on international duty was the best idea possible.

Only the players can answer that I suppose but I don't think its outrageous to question whether it was the right move to make.

Jet lag off a 4hr time difference? I'd feel proper refreshed by a few days in the sunshine rather than scratching about in Reading.

Fnnily enough I heard a guy saying as I was walking out "this is all because of that trip to Dubai" and I thought "team boarder" immediately.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 Feb 2013 12:08

Platypuss
bobby1413

What use would that do?

Stupidest post ever.

It's not even his stupidest this week.

I really am amazed that Graham lets an ignorant and insulting individual like you act as a moderator. I thought moderators were meant to be sensible, even-handed and able to conduct themselves like adults, rather than just dishing insults out to anyone who has a differing view from them. Clearly not in your case.

And for those strangely struggling to spot what good that would do, I shall try to spell it out in simple terms. Two benefits: 1) Hit the players and management in their pockets, rather than rewarding them for their dismal performance (aren't they paid enough to finance their own fun in the sun?). 2) Benefit the charity.

Para Handy

Some of the supporters sat in the freezing cold today forgo holidays in the sun, in order that they can afford to support their team. For the players to get an all expenses trip to Dubai (and anyone who thinks it wasn't a jolly as much as training, should read some of the players' tweets) and then roll over like they did today is an insult to all paying supporters.

And you wonder why I'm not debating with you? I sat in the freezing cold today. I've done it every winter for the last 43 years. We were outraged at half time thinking about those bastards being in Dubai. OUTRAGED.

You really are a massive twat aren't you.

Once again, the fact that you quickly have to resort to insults suggests that the reason you don't debate issues is down to lack of ability. Even your sarcasm (I think it was intended to be that) doesn't come across properly.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 25 Feb 2013 14:22

However - spending a few days in a nice warm climate doesn't exactly acclimatise you for freezing weather over here.

Brecon Beacons absolutely if you want a break from Berks.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 25 Feb 2013 17:10

Maguire
Wimb

Jet lag off a 4hr time difference? I'd feel proper refreshed by a few days in the sunshine rather than scratching about in Reading.

Fnnily enough I heard a guy saying as I was walking out "this is all because of that trip to Dubai" and I thought "team boarder" immediately.

To be fair I see it more from that point of view but was more talking about the likes of McAnuff.

Still, it was a real break from the rhythm they'd gotten themselves into... meh it's all conjecture and utter w@nk tbh, nobody but individual players know if it took their eye off the ball.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 25 Feb 2013 17:49

Rumpole Heaven forbid the club does something to keep morale up.

Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception, yeah?

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 02 Mar 2013 08:12

Nice to see that Bagpuss had his players fully under control during their Dubai training. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qpr-players-lift-lid-five-1738275

afzal2112

by afzal2112 » 23 Mar 2013 06:00

Do some math. Compare the salaries and consider that in London you are taxable but therefore would be subject to receive benefits if loosing your job. In case you are from India or Pakistan, you may feel more comfortable in Dubai regarding your lifestyle, especially being a bachelor.

Cheap Umrah packages

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 23 Mar 2013 08:27

afzal2112 Do some math. Compare the salaries and consider that in London you are taxable but therefore would be subject to receive benefits if loosing your job. In case you are from India or Pakistan, you may feel more comfortable in Dubai regarding your lifestyle, especially being a bachelor.

Cheap Umrah packages

your on the wrong web site mate.