How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

3209 posts
windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

by windermere_royal » 26 Feb 2013 18:53

Ian Royal
melonhead
super darren caskey Dont like the way he keeps dropping players when he (supposedly)falls out with them
He should be doing whats best for the club and that is playing the best players if they are fit.

but he hasnt, except for guthrie, and thats perfectly justified imo after what he did.
no point getting annoyed with the other stuff youve imagined.

the last sentence is exactly what he is doing

Except for dropping Pearce twice with little justification, starting Blackman, persisting with an obviously woefully out of form gorkss, playing Karacan ahead of Guthrie.

And starting a woefully unfit Carricco,

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 26 Feb 2013 18:55

Royal91 Until he stops making stupid inconsistent team selections I have no confidence in him as a manager at this level.

Its irrelevant if Pearce is going at the end of the season. Whichever league were in next year, we need a rebuild so play the best players whilst you have them. McDermotts management of Pearce has been simply shocking.

-McDermott's management of Pearce
-The inclusion of Gorkss for so long
-The inclusion of L,wood all season
-The persistent dropping and inclusion of Guthrie
-Inconsistent team selections
-And the inability to buy some creativity through the middle in TWO transfer windows

ARE THE REASONS WE ARE GOING DOWN.

All caused by the ineptness of McDermott.

Spot on.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 26 Feb 2013 18:57

Ian Royal
melonhead
super darren caskey Dont like the way he keeps dropping players when he (supposedly)falls out with them
He should be doing whats best for the club and that is playing the best players if they are fit.

but he hasnt, except for guthrie, and thats perfectly justified imo after what he did.
no point getting annoyed with the other stuff youve imagined.

the last sentence is exactly what he is doing

Except for dropping Pearce twice with little justification, starting Blackman, persisting with an obviously woefully out of form gorkss, playing Karacan ahead of Guthrie.

Yeh the signing of Blackman was a poor one, and an even worse decision to put him on the left wing at Stoke.

What does Blackman have that Robson-Kanu does not???

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Feb 2013 19:12

I don't think the signing was poor, although I was :shock: at the fee. But I agree the decision to start him at left wing against Stoke was another masterstroke of out-of-depth management from McDermott.

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 26 Feb 2013 20:00

End of the season hopefully.

Sick of all this look what he's achieved nice guy bullocks.

He made a lot tactical and personnel errors at the start of the season, which has sealed our fate IMO. He should have signed more players in the summer and I believe he chose to give the guys who got us promoted a chance. That failed but I do respect him for going down that route.

Then there's the Pearce saga. I know from someone in the club that this is to do with his contract. He was told around May he would be given X amount on a new very long term contract. However, the club went back on their word by offering him less money and years on one they offered at the start of the season. So he's refused. He won't sign on unless they stop treating him like shite.

Speaking of which, Guthrie is one that hasn't had any decent treatment from the club. Although, I don't agree with him refusing to travel to Sunderland. The way I see this is McD signed a ball playing midfielder to change his game and adapt to a team of hoofers. Why would you take someones quality away and ask him to play like any average joe could in a sunday league game by running around and hoofing. He then finds himself behind Tabb, ledge and even McAnuff in the centre! If McD is telling him and Pearce they're not playing due to poor performances then why the hell is he overlooking his favourites. What message does that say to the rest of the team.

And Finally his tactics. Wow, we really are the easiest team to predict. 4-4-2 or 4-5-1. hoof or get it to the wingers asap. But when they dont play well we have no plan b. I personally think we've been lucky with our recent form thanks to poor finishing and wonder save from Feds. Everton should have been 5 nil up at half time against us and west brom hitting the woodwork 3 times. Even Newcastle away had a few good chances that were saved well by Feds.

Well he's got til the end of the season and he can't moan about money as Anton has given him everything he's asked for. Anton has also chosen to stick by him in Jan whereas most other chairman would have changed their Manager. I really believe if (when) we go down Anton will look to change the manager as he has failed to deliver and been given enough opportunity to put things right.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 26 Feb 2013 20:54

Plymouth_Royal End of the season hopefully.

He made a lot tactical and personnel errors at the start of the season, which has sealed our fate IMO. He should have signed more players in the summer and I believe he chose to give the guys who got us promoted a chance. That failed but I do respect him for going down that route.

Then there's the Pearce saga. I know from someone in the club that this is to do with his contract. He was told around May he would be given X amount on a new very long term contract. However, the club went back on their word by offering him less money and years on one they offered at the start of the season. So he's refused. He won't sign on unless they stop treating him like shite.

Speaking of which, Guthrie is one that hasn't had any decent treatment from the club. Although, I don't agree with him refusing to travel to Sunderland. The way I see this is McD signed a ball playing midfielder to change his game and adapt to a team of hoofers. Why would you take someones quality away and ask him to play like any average joe could in a sunday league game by running around and hoofing. He then finds himself behind Tabb, ledge and even McAnuff in the centre! If McD is telling him and Pearce they're not playing due to poor performances then why the hell is he overlooking his favourites. What message does that say to the rest of the team.

And Finally his tactics. Wow, we really are the easiest team to predict. 4-4-2 or 4-5-1. hoof or get it to the wingers asap. But when they dont play well we have no plan b. I personally think we've been lucky with our recent form thanks to poor finishing and wonder save from Feds. Everton should have been 5 nil up at half time against us and west brom hitting the woodwork 3 times. Even Newcastle away had a few good chances that were saved well by Feds.

Well he's got til the end of the season and he can't moan about money as Anton has given him everything he's asked for. Anton has also chosen to stick by him in Jan whereas most other chairman would have changed their Manager. I really believe if (when) we go down Anton will look to change the manager as he has failed to deliver and been given enough opportunity to put things right.

^^^^This. Spot on.

And I'm tired of hearing fans saying he hasn't been given the appropriate funds blah blah blah, when the opposite was said on Football Focus, when they were at the Mad Stad, and the interview with Anton, he clearly stated there was MORE money than was spent in the summer and that there is money there for the January transfer window. So, who's fibbing? Anton? Brian?

All is not well behind the scenes, all are not pulling in the right direction. If McDermott was fired at that present time, there would be a lot of backlash from the fans, if Brian speaks out of terms about the 'funds' he supposedly DIDN'T have, it would upset the new owner. It''s a stalemate. I do believe there was more funds than Brian let on.....twice

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 26 Feb 2013 21:00

AirRaidSiren

^^^^This. Spot on.

And I'm tired of hearing fans saying he hasn't been given the appropriate funds blah blah blah, when the opposite was said on Football Focus, when they were at the Mad Stad, and the interview with Anton, he clearly stated there was MORE money than was spent in the summer and that there is money there for the January transfer window. So, who's fibbing? Anton? Brian?

All is not well behind the scenes, all are not pulling in the right direction. If McDermott was fired at that present time, there would be a lot of backlash from the fans, if Brian speaks out of terms about the 'funds' he supposedly DIDN'T have, it would upset the new owner. It''s a stalemate. I do believe there was more funds than Brian let on.....twice

I, sadly, am inclined to agree. The trouble is he's really really shown how much of a nice guy he is now. In terms of funding, Anton always seems a little bit naive so I do believe we did have more funds - but whether that was McD's choice or not I don't know. He's always said if he had money, he'd spend it.

I hope, we stay up (duh), we become more versatile with our tactics (never will happen), and keep Brian. But that's in a perfect world.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 26 Feb 2013 21:03

akranes
AirRaidSiren

^^^^This. Spot on.

I, sadly, am inclined to agree. The trouble is he's really really shown how much of a nice guy he is now. In terms of funding, Anton always seems a little bit naive so I do believe we did have more funds - but whether that was McD's choice or not I don't know. He's always said if he had money, he'd spend it.

I hope, we stay up (duh), we become more versatile with our tactics (never will happen), and keep Brian. But that's in a perfect world.

It's very difficult to disagree with any of this, sadly.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 26 Feb 2013 21:29

TBH this bloody love affair with BM sickens me, yes over the last 3 years he has lifted us to great height , finally earning us promotion with a very limited squad of players, a miracle worker maybe.
But this season I have lost all respect I had for him, giving the players that got us here is all well and good, but just look at them, not a single one would get in even a PL mid table side, the man is completely out of his depth, no tactical know how, his selections are baffling, and his substitutions comical. hes done a decent job here, but so did Atkins at Southampton, they were ruthless moving forward..we should be the same..grow some balls Anton.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Feb 2013 22:10

windermere_royal TBH this bloody love affair with BM sickens me, yes over the last 3 years he has lifted us to great height , finally earning us promotion with a very limited squad of players, a miracle worker maybe.
But this season I have lost all respect I had for him, giving the players that got us here is all well and good, but just look at them, not a single one would get in even a PL mid table side, the man is completely out of his depth, no tactical know how, his selections are baffling, and his substitutions comical. hes done a decent job here, but so did Atkins at Southampton, they were ruthless moving forward..we should be the same..grow some balls Anton.

the fact that he got us promoted and is only 1 point from safety winning a manager of the month on the way with that team (and his key "comical substitute" winning a player of the month as well) shows what a good manager he is.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 26 Feb 2013 22:18

leon
windermere_royal TBH this bloody love affair with BM sickens me, yes over the last 3 years he has lifted us to great height , finally earning us promotion with a very limited squad of players, a miracle worker maybe.

the fact that he got us promoted and is only 1 point from safety winning a manager of the month on the way with that team (and his key "comical substitute" winning a player of the month as well) shows what a good manager he is.

Not quite sure how the fact that Wigan, Villa and QPR have also been shit makes McDermott a good manager.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Feb 2013 22:26

leon

This

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Feb 2013 23:57

Avon Royal
leon

Not quite sure how the fact that Wigan, Villa and QPR have also been shit makes McDermott a good manager.

sorry don't get it. if we stay up above them BM still wont be a good manager because they are all shit?

Europa or bust eh?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 27 Feb 2013 09:54

Personally I think you should judge a manager on how he's done his job, not how everyone else has done theirs.

From my point of view McDermott has made a lot of mistakes this season and we've stuttered our way to where we are. Has he done a good job this year? In short, and in my opinion no he hasn't.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 27 Feb 2013 10:01

He's done a terrible job this year tbf. After the weekend, the tactics, the aftermath, showed me he hasn't learned as much as I hoped he had.

Dropping Pearce? oxf*rd hell.

Anyway. If we go down, I wouldn't begrudge the club letting him go, but wholesale changes are dangerous... look at Wolves.

I think if we are to come up again, and be capable of competing we need to build a more technical side. No whole sale changes to the style of play, Germany play like we do, but there is that element of skill missing from our team that makes it exciting and solid. Work horses just aren't good enough for the PL etc etc.

Can Mcdermott build that side? not convinced. Maybe.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 27 Feb 2013 10:22

He blew one of the most important games of our season through petty grudges. Not sure I can forgive him for that.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 27 Feb 2013 10:48

Extended-Phenotype He blew one of the most important games of our season through petty grudges. Not sure I can forgive him for that.

LOL. Nice work.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 27 Feb 2013 10:49

leon

A very solid defence.
Unfortunately it has been just one month out of the whole season when we have been o.k. and those attending the matches know that we were far from brilliant but finished the games well.
I find it (like most fans) almost treachorous to criticise the man because of what happened last season but this season when the going has been tougher the ultimate responsibility rests with him and the pressure appears to have led to some strange decisions as well as intransigence over how we play.
If we stay up I expect him to keep the job but if we get relegated I wouldn't be surprised to see him go and we will probably end up with our first foreign manager.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Feb 2013 10:53

No he didn't. He gave you the reason for Pearce not being involved on Saturday and you just don't like it because Alex is a fans favourite so you put two and two together and come up with five. Do you ever think that maybe Pearce was dropped on Saturday because he did get done too easily for the goals at Stoke? Or that Morrison came in because he did have a good game at Old Trafford? Before Morrison got injured at Southampton he was being praised as the one bright spot of our season now because he's made a couple of errors he's only in the team because of Pearce's contract. What an insult to the guy.

The attitude some of you have shown towards Brian this season is nothing short of shameful. So many on here accuse the players of not having the stomach for a relegation fight, well given the reaction on here to a loss (and not just restricted to last Saturday the sulking and accusations have been flying around all season) it seems they aren't the only ones.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 27 Feb 2013 11:13

what love affair?

every post on this page is negatory

3209 posts