Everton (A) - Match Thread

396 posts
ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

Re: Everton (A) - Match Thread

by ZacNaloen » 02 Mar 2013 17:22

RFCSPACE I don't think anyone expected points in this game. If the performance was improved and it gives cause for optimism when we play winnable games, then lets just move on.

There was very little to be positive about from the performance. Well we went into the game with right attitude this week, at least. But we played far too open against a far superior side and the scoreline demonstrates that.

To quote Paul Merson before Christmas "Why oh Why are Reading still playing 4-4-2"

It really looked like we'd turned a corner in January, we were playing much better football, keeping it tight, less hopeful punts into the channels and winning it with a change of intensity and tactics before the opposition have time to adjust.

Obviously teams will work that out and adjust much quicker, but all that means is that you need to adjust again. Try to out think the opponent.

But what do we do?

We go back to 4-4-2 because it "worked" in a game we lost, but the performance was better right??

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Mar 2013 17:22

MmmMonsterMunch
Ian Royal

It seems Mcdermott remember the lesson he was taught for a grand total of 1 month.

We are being managed into relegation. There, I said it.

I thoroughly agree. He's been largely clueless all season, utterly out of his depth and not really showing signs that the turnaround was anything more than some spirited luck. I like the guy and he's done a good job in the past, but to be honest I'd rather we just got it over with and got rid of him for someone who'd institute a half decent brand of football, because his style is truely dire. But then he deserves the chance to show this season was the experience he needed and kick off a cracking campaign in the Championship after the summer.

Slippery slope that.....I'd rather we kept him next season personally.[/quote]

Please not. Let's get someone in who understands how good football is played in the 21st Century.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 02 Mar 2013 17:22

No surprise with that result, the squad has never been good or strong enough to grace this Premiership and possibly kelly and Mariappa apart some apalling signings have done absolutely nothing for us . We play 4-4-2 away to champions league chasers Everton, but an ultra defensive 4-5-1 at HOME to relegation rivals Wigan that together with some very strange team selections just what game does McDermott watch each week !! Watched Kaspers last night, good championship defender never good enough for the top league yet we play him for half the season and leave our best defender Pearce on the bench for some petty contract reason.

There is no doubt that Mcdermotts love children on here will still be lauding over what he done last season, but there is the point it was last season for god sake, and please do not lets here "we move on" again tonight. We have one chance to save this season and that is for him to move or be moved aside, as he should have been 6 months ago ! expect a lot of larfs at this one, bring in Di Canio at least he would have a no-nonsense bearing and attitude on the side and play the players best for each position not like McDermott and "his mates" if he now stays then the club are saying that relegation is an acceptable outcome to this season.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Mar 2013 17:24

MmmMonsterMunch
Ian Royal I thoroughly agree. He's been largely clueless all season, utterly out of his depth and not really showing signs that the turnaround was anything more than some spirited luck. I like the guy and he's done a good job in the past, but to be honest I'd rather we just got it over with and got rid of him for someone who'd institute a half decent brand of football, because his style is truely dire. But then he deserves the chance to show this season was the experience he needed and kick off a cracking campaign in the Championship after the summer.

Slippery slope that.....I'd rather we kept him next season personally.

Depends who we replaced him with... what's Adkins or Neville up to?

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 02 Mar 2013 17:24

AirRaidSiren Yeah, I can just imagine McDermott's interview after the game

'it was Pearce's fault for two of the goals'
'We didn't have all the luck'
'We can take some positives from this and take it to the next game'
'The handball changed the game'
'I believe in these players'
'The dressing room are all pulling in the same direction'
'The club is pulling in the same direction'
'I told the players they should be proud of themselves'
'We're pulling way above our expectations for the size of the club'

oxf*rd off Brian.

" we know where we are at"
" what's a six pointer ?"
" I don't look at the table"
" we've come along way in 3 years"

..who said bullshit bingo was dead ?? :D

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 02 Mar 2013 17:26

This is the first time that I have listened to the people calling in after the match..

Tina from Tilehurst - you are embarrassing.

Born 'n Bred Royal

by Born 'n Bred Royal » 02 Mar 2013 17:26

Mike Hunt This is the first time that I have listened to the people calling in after the match..

What did Tina say?

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 02 Mar 2013 17:27

Born 'n Bred Royal
Mike Hunt This is the first time that I have listened to the people calling in after the match..

What did Tina say?

That she was from Tilehurst.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Mar 2013 17:27

phone ins and the internet is just a "new" way of letting retards have a bigger platform. And all of us here fall for it as well.

BenSmith91

by BenSmith91 » 02 Mar 2013 17:27

Hahaha. That was quite probably the most cringeworthy thing I have ever heard. Just goes to show how thick some of our fans really are. Who the oxf*rd is this SirDodgerRoyal pillock as well?

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 02 Mar 2013 17:28

DOYLERSAROYALER

oxf*rd off Brian.

Brilliant! :D

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 02 Mar 2013 17:28

Born 'n Bred Royal

What did Tina say?

Opened her diatribe questioning why McCarthy was not in goal.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 02 Mar 2013 17:29

DOYLERSAROYALER

oxf*rd off Brian.

LISTEN

edited for you

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 02 Mar 2013 17:29

howser No surprise with that result, the squad has never been good or strong enough to grace this Premiership and possibly kelly and Mariappa apart some apalling signings have done absolutely nothing for us . We play 4-4-2 away to champions league chasers Everton, but an ultra defensive 4-5-1 at HOME to relegation rivals Wigan that together with some very strange team selections just what game does McDermott watch each week !! Watched Kaspers last night, good championship defender never good enough for the top league yet we play him for half the season and leave our best defender Pearce on the bench for some petty contract reason.

There is no doubt that Mcdermotts love children on here will still be lauding over what he done last season, but there is the point it was last season for god sake, and please do not lets here "we move on" again tonight. We have one chance to save this season and that is for him to move or be moved aside, as he should have been 6 months ago ! expect a lot of larfs at this one, bring in Di Canio at least he would have a no-nonsense bearing and attitude on the side and play the players best for each position not like McDermott and "his mates" if he now stays then the club are saying that relegation is an acceptable outcome to this season.

Good post except for the Di Canio bit. Although with Di Canio at least we would know the truth whether players were injured or dropped.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 02 Mar 2013 17:30

Out of the bottom three, we move on

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 02 Mar 2013 17:30

LoyalRoyalFan
Born 'n Bred Royal

What did Tina say?

That she was from Tilehurst.

:D

Biscuit_Boy

by Biscuit_Boy » 02 Mar 2013 17:31

Born 'n Bred Royal

What did Tina say?

She was fuming about the fact fact that Dellor interviewed Roberto Martinez last week. And she wanted to know why Alex McCarthy didn't play today...

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 02 Mar 2013 17:31

Maguire
Oh and while i'm here - Big Ern I know you're a massive pcunt but seriously every post you've written this season makes you sound like an utter knobjockey.

a MASSIVE +1

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 02 Mar 2013 17:31

Ian Royal
MmmMonsterMunch
Ian Royal I thoroughly agree. He's been largely clueless all season, utterly out of his depth and not really showing signs that the turnaround was anything more than some spirited luck. I like the guy and he's done a good job in the past, but to be honest I'd rather we just got it over with and got rid of him for someone who'd institute a half decent brand of football, because his style is truely dire. But then he deserves the chance to show this season was the experience he needed and kick off a cracking campaign in the Championship after the summer.

Slippery slope that.....I'd rather we kept him next season personally.

Depends who we replaced him with... what's Adkins or Neville up to?

I don't want to talk about getting rid of Mcdermott, all it needs is small tweaks in formation and tactics and for us to be more dynamic, I'm convinced our players are better at football than the way we play makes it seem.

Our tactics just don't do us any favours because it's all hit and hope.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 02 Mar 2013 17:32

I didn't hear that guy swear?

396 posts