Streaming on tablet

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Streaming on tablet

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 05 Mar 2013 03:49

Thing I find bad is the connection between tablet and single/router , rubbish over small distances. That's on blackberry playbook and cheap 80pound one

Slinxx

by Slinxx » 05 Mar 2013 11:50

_royal Adobe are stopping mobile flash altogether and have started with android. I stream on a Nexus 7 and had to download flash from a third party site.

^^^ This - i've also got the nexus 7 and stream ok. Loads of walkthrough guides on you tube about getting flash on android and then just use a suitable browser (think i use dolphin or boat browser)

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 05 Mar 2013 12:11

Slinxx
_royal Adobe are stopping mobile flash altogether and have started with android. I stream on a Nexus 7 and had to download flash from a third party site.

^^^ This - i've also got the nexus 7 and stream ok. Loads of walkthrough guides on you tube about getting flash on android and then just use a suitable browser (think i use dolphin or boat browser)

Agreed - I stream quite happily on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.

As mentioned above, the real arbiter of image quality is bandwidth rather than that it's a tablet.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 05 Mar 2013 14:11

Scutterbucketz Holy shit! That puffin thing actually works and works very well! Everyone who has an iPad should get it! Ive tried a lot of flash browsers but theyve never coped with streaming football or watching films. The puffin one does both and well!

So in answer to the OP, get an iPad and that download.

No no no absolutely not!

I've been using puffin on the iPad and it's a very clumsy/ slow/ practically pointless way of getting flash on your device. It routes through another server and is far too slow for streaming. OP, if you are going to do it at all, do it on an Android where the workaround is flash which actually runs on your device rather than running remotely then streaming dpto puffin. Stay away from apple!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 05 Mar 2013 14:15

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Scutterbucketz Holy shit! That puffin thing actually works and works very well! Everyone who has an iPad should get it! Ive tried a lot of flash browsers but theyve never coped with streaming football or watching films. The puffin one does both and well!

So in answer to the OP, get an iPad and that download.

No no no absolutely not!

I've been using puffin on the iPad and it's a very clumsy/ slow/ practically pointless way of getting flash on your device. It routes through another server and is far too slow for streaming. OP, if you are going to do it at all, do it on an Android where the workaround is flash which actually runs on your device rather than running remotely then streaming dpto puffin. Stay away from apple!

Actually I've jut tried it and it doesn't seem so bad for sport streams. Rubbish for movie streams. Still it is a bit choppy and I'd recommend putting flash onto an android instead.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 05 Mar 2013 14:37

I've just watched a film through it no problem. I would have thought that football streaming would be where it struggles.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 05 Mar 2013 14:56

_royal If you're wondering how to get flash on android just search 'flash apk' on google from the tablet, and you can download and install that.

I did this on my Nexus 7 and it works a treat.

RoyaltyInMyBlood

by RoyaltyInMyBlood » 05 Mar 2013 15:01

Dont bother getting a tablet, they are just a large smartphone and the novelty wears off very quickly.
I suggest getting a netbook, small, cheap and will be A LOT easier to stream.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 05 Mar 2013 18:03

Scutterbucketz I've just watched a film through it no problem. I would have thought that football streaming would be where it struggles.

I should maybe try it again. To be fair I was on broadband but am now on fibre so may be better. I'd guess footy streaming is lower bandwidth but I don't know.

I any case I still think actually having flash installed is superior. My next tablet will be android.

Royaltyinmyblood yes you're right a pad is just a big smartphone... But a smartphone is an awesome little multifunction touchscreen computer! Since buying my iPad even with its annoying apple limitations I use it constantly and hardly touch my laptop.