Jason Roberts...Do you sometimes find him annoying?!

1019 posts
DandyRoyal

Re: Jason Roberts

by DandyRoyal » 08 Mar 2013 21:46

Soon to be seen being paid to hobble around TV studios talking gibberish whilst being paid by Reading FC to do nothing but have surgery before his summer holidays in the sun

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 08 Mar 2013 23:45

No more appearances for RFC, did well last season but looked off the boil when he did appear this season

Can see him retiring come the summer

secks

by secks » 08 Mar 2013 23:53

Was awesome against Arsenal in Capital One Cup so a little harsh

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 08 Mar 2013 23:59

He did a great job for us last season. Instrumental in getting us up.

Seriously, you people on the Team Board are generally massively ungrateful cunts. Unbelievable.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 09 Mar 2013 02:52

He hasn't been crap this season. Where is all this coming from? Agreed he hasn't put the ball in the back of the net, but he's the only player who has managed to successfully hold up the ball for support, and is very good at getting his pass away. I'm a Pog fan, but i would take Roberts at the head of a 4-5-1, and enjoy watching Kebe, McCleary and Ledge bang them in, fed by Roberts.

Also, last year he could do no wrong. The inclusion of Roberts and Gorkss turned our season, they were heros to the majority. Now look...how fickle we all are.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 09 Mar 2013 08:54

Well, i well and truly jinxed that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21724715

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 09 Mar 2013 08:59

He's only played a handful of games and mainly during period where we were pretty much bloody awful.

At Villa he was the only player to emerge with any credit and our only attacking threat on the night until McDermott played his master stroke of taking him off and lost us the game as a result

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Mar 2013 10:30

Royal Ginger Well, i well and truly jinxed that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21724715

So once again the master duo of McDermott and Hammond completely f8cked things up by failing to foresee the almost inevitability of this and not signing a decent replacement for Roberts during the transfer window.

Blackman? Don't make me laugh. Maybe one for the future when we very much needed someone for the present.

So we now have to fight a PL relegation battle with a threadbare strikeforce. :twisted:

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 09 Mar 2013 11:00

Spud Gun Not at all gutted about this. A McD says, "We move on"

He would still be useful next season in the Championship, so I disagree wholeheartedly. He is worth one more year, especially when you consider Pogrebnyak will be itching to get away this summer, and Noel Hunt is also out of contract, and thus far hasn't been offered a new deal. Our summer strike-force before any new signings could well be Adam Le Fondre (and there is bound to be interest from Premier League clubs) and Dominic Samuel.

If we do go down, there is a lot of work to be done on this squad, and that will take considerable investment if we want to replace with like-for-like quality at the very least. Will we get it, or more importantly, will Brian McDermott waste it.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 09 Mar 2013 11:44

Would have preferred the club to release this news tbph.

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 09 Mar 2013 11:55

Barry the bird boggler He's only played a handful of games and mainly during period where we were pretty much bloody awful.

At Villa he was the only player to emerge with any credit and our only attacking threat on the night until McDermott played his master stroke of taking him off and lost us the game as a result

We have been pretty much bloody awfull all season, how can you say he came out of the villa game with any credit did he score or something

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 09 Mar 2013 12:13

Presume it was his hip that prevented him for jumping for any ball since he joined us. :roll:

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 09 Mar 2013 13:13

I'm sure he'll retire now.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 09 Mar 2013 13:39

Friday's Legacy

He would still be useful next season in the Championship, so I disagree wholeheartedly. He is worth one more year, especially when you consider Pogrebnyak will be itching to get away this summer, and Noel Hunt is also out of contract, and thus far hasn't been offered a new deal. Our summer strike-force before any new signings could well be Adam Le Fondre (and there is bound to be interest from Premier League clubs) and Dominic Samuel.

If we do go down, there is a lot of work to be done on this squad, and that will take considerable investment if we want to replace with like-for-like quality at the very least. Will we get it, or more importantly, will Brian McDermott waste it.

What about Blackman?

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 09 Mar 2013 14:25

southbank1871
Friday's Legacy

What about Blackman?

Yes I forgot about him. As I said, we need to replace with like-for-like quality or ideally better, and Blackman is not an improvement on anyone currently here (I'm choosing to ignore Church as he's as good as gone). Lots of work to do, what ever level we're playing at next season.

yuomi

by yuomi » 09 Mar 2013 17:28

southbank1871
Friday's Legacy

What about Blackman?

Blackman is a year older than Benteke. On today's evidence, he's got a hell of allot of catching up to do with a years head start.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 10 Mar 2013 11:51

Unfortunately it sounds like Jason Roberts could be forced into retirement. He may require a hip replacement. I can't recall any player recovering back from that (?), let alone at 34/35. A great shame if that is the case. Promotion last season wouldn't have happened without him, and he would have been useful next season.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 10 Mar 2013 13:16

Why are we getting so hung up on Roberts when it's our midfield which is the problem. He was one of the main reasons we went up last year, he's struggled with injuries since and will probably retire at the end of the season. Thanks for everything Jason and good luck in the media, both parties will move on but we have more pressing issues right now.

yappy

by yappy » 11 Mar 2013 19:59

Proof (it was ever needed) that the Roberts and McDermott 'spat' was nothing but mere fiction:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11673/8557748/Jason-Roberts-was-left-sad-at-the-sacking-at-Reading-boss-Brian-McDermott

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 11 Mar 2013 20:02

yappy Proof (it was ever needed) that the Roberts and McDermott 'spat' was nothing but mere fiction:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11673/8557748/Jason-Roberts-was-left-sad-at-the-sacking-at-Reading-boss-Brian-McDermott

LOL - defo a spat between them. You don't say you were "sad" at a sacking of a manager that you rated and got on well with. You'd be "gutted", "devastated" etc - Roberts loves a bit of the media, anything to get his bloody face/voice seen/heard.

1019 posts