Mcdonut (sorry Brian) out Di Canio in......please

246 posts
ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Mcdonut (sorry Brian) out Di Canio in......please

by ManchesterRoyals » 09 Mar 2013 21:31

mbb if we and the russian think we can move on next season we need to sign premiership players and we need a manager who can attract these players. Adkins, Curbishley is not that man. We need to splash the Roubles on a man who can move us on. At the moment that man is not available but in the summer he maybe. The owner needs to stop bullshitting us and tell us the truth.

I could accept the explanation from SJM about the money but the Russian needs to spend some of his pocket money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But if we were willing to spend 10 mill on Gylfi Sigurðsson there was money to spend so why didnt we spend it

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 09 Mar 2013 21:46

ManchesterRoyals
mbb if we and the russian think we can move on next season we need to sign premiership players and we need a manager who can attract these players. Adkins, Curbishley is not that man. We need to splash the Roubles on a man who can move us on. At the moment that man is not available but in the summer he maybe. The owner needs to stop bullshitting us and tell us the truth.

I could accept the explanation from SJM about the money but the Russian needs to spend some of his pocket money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But if we were willing to spend 10 mill on Gylfi Sigurðsson there was money to spend so why didnt we spend it

Exactly - this season is by and large McDermott's fault - he was completely satisfied with his summer signings and this season especially has also proved he cannot manage higher profile players.

The stoneage football is an embarrassment and we could go right through the championship nest year unless changes are made - look how last year's relegated sides have done...

Divvy

by Divvy » 09 Mar 2013 21:49

ManchesterRoyals

McDermott said again tonight he didn't spend enough. AZ said the money was there. BM and NH's decision who to spend it on and they completely fuked it by prefering lower league hunger for proven costly quality.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 09 Mar 2013 21:53

Divvy
ManchesterRoyals

McDermott said again tonight he didn't spend enough. AZ said the money was there. BM and NH's decision who to spend it on and they completely fuked it by prefering lower league hunger for proven costly quality.

But he also said this evening on radio that they tried and tried to sign Gylfi Sigurðsson but it didnt come off, so why the hell leave it till the last day of transfer window to sign him and why didnt he try to by some other decent quality players for the supposed 10mill mentioned or is it a cover up for the shit signings he has made this season

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Mar 2013 21:56

like Gylfi would've changed everything?

I think that I agree that there was an element in putting all of their eggs into one £10m basket though.

jellytot

by jellytot » 09 Mar 2013 21:59

DiCanio no thanks Adkins please. Think the club will be slow to do anyrhing as usual.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 09 Mar 2013 22:02

AthleticoSpizz like Gylfi would've changed everything?

I think that I agree that there was an element in putting all of their eggs into one £10m basket though.

I agree with this but im still of the opinion it was a load of bollocks, Like look we tried to buy him for 10 mill but we didnt but we really really tried

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Mar 2013 22:04

ManchesterRoyals
Divvy

But he also said this evening on radio that they tried and tried to sign Gylfi Sigurðsson but it didnt come off, so why the hell leave it till the last day of transfer window to sign him and why didnt he try to by some other decent quality players for the supposed 10mill mentioned or is it a cover up for the shit signings he has made this season

What? Like Ince and Rogic?

The gylfi deal was dependent on spurs making a signing which only fell through on the last day. Will you grow a brain please.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 09 Mar 2013 22:07

Ian Royal
ManchesterRoyals
Divvy

What? Like Ince and Rogic?

The gylfi deal was dependent on spurs making a signing which only fell through on the last day. Will you grow a brain please.

What another 2 that never come off

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 09 Mar 2013 22:08

ManchesterRoyals I agree with this but im still of the opinion it was a load of bollocks, Like look we tried to buy him for 10 mill but we didnt but we really really tried

You are entitled to your opinion, but the only bollox here is what comes out of your mouth. You honestly believe that it was all a smokescreen?

I would tell you to grow up, but apparently you are older than me, though your posts would indicate otherwise.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 09 Mar 2013 22:11

Arnie_Pie
ManchesterRoyals I agree with this but im still of the opinion it was a load of bollocks, Like look we tried to buy him for 10 mill but we didnt but we really really tried

You are entitled to your opinion, but the only bollox here is what comes out of your mouth. You honestly believe that it was all a smokescreen?

I would tell you to grow up, but apparently you are older than me, though your posts would indicate otherwise.

Why is it so hard to believe £10 mill for one player we could have bought half a oxf*rd team for that amount of money

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 09 Mar 2013 22:19

Let's do it the Reading way. The number 13 gives up the place on bench and moves into management. Every decision is by an online vote, using mobiles to make formation changes and subs during a game. The club wouldn't have to pay us and we get to manage the team as part of the season ticket price, bargain... it would work, everyone happy ....trust me :D

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 09 Mar 2013 22:21

ManchesterRoyals
Arnie_Pie

Why is it so hard to believe £10 mill for one player we could have bought half a oxf*rd team for that amount of money

Just because he had money, does not mean he could go and buy whoever he wanted. Players are not innaminate objects. Their club has to say they can leave and then they have to agree to speak to us first. If they don't want to come here they will rarely be forced. It is very easy to pick and choose five players worth two million pounds each but reality is a lot different. Gylfi was not getting played and may have expressed an interest. That is all there is to it.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 09 Mar 2013 22:26

Divvy
ManchesterRoyals

This just shows how full of shit McDermott is. Sorry, but it's true. Why? I will again refer to Football focus at the Mad Stad, where Brian was interviewed before AZ and he was clearly asked was there money to spend, 'you have to ask the owner that' was the reply, meaning, I have money but not enough given to me. He didn't want to answer the question properly. He had the oxf*rd money to spend in the summer, more of it, as AZ clearly stated after, and Brian was so pig headed that he thought what he bought was good enough. Again in January, the pig headedness of McDermott shone through, that he was adamant the squad he had was good enough to compete at the highest level, that he didn't feel the need to spend shed loads..'we'll always do it the Reading way'....oxf*rd off you basic incompetent fool. He really is getting on my mammary glands.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 09 Mar 2013 22:50

Brian's Achilles Heel this season is his main strength last season...his unwavering loyalty to, and belief in, his players. He had the money to spend and decided he'd prefer to stick with the players he had loyalty to.

Right now we have got it all wrong. There is way too much talent in the Premier League, for this squad they way it is set up, to gift away possession, soak up the pressure and then win it by hitting them on the break like we did in the Championship last season, WAY TOO MUCH TALENT in fact. If Brian stays he must cut ties with a number of players he has been loyal to so we can rebuild ourselves into a team which can not only win promotion to the Premier League but stay there.

But I also want to say to anyone calling Brian "Mcdonut" can oxf*rd right off. He has been one of our best managers in what he has accomplished and only the second to get us promoted. Get a oxf*rd grip you retards...

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 09 Mar 2013 22:59

Libertine Brian's Achilles Heel this season is his main strength last season...his unwavering loyalty to, and belief in, his players. He had the money to spend and decided he'd prefer to stick with the players he had loyalty to.

Right now we have got it all wrong. There is way too much talent in the Premier League, for this squad they way it is set up, to gift away possession, soak up the pressure and then win it by hitting them on the break like we did in the Championship last season, WAY TOO MUCH TALENT in fact. If Brian stays he must cut ties with a number of players he has been loyal to so we can rebuild ourselves into a team which can not only win promotion to the Premier League but stay there.

But I also want to say to anyone calling Brian "Mcdonut" can oxf*rd right off. He has been one of our best managers in what he has accomplished and only the second to get us promoted. Get a oxf*rd grip you retards...

^^^^^^^^^
This

I give much respect to MD but he's out of his depth. The C'ship is a different story and I think MD is the best fit for us and will have learned.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Mcdonut out Di Canio in......please

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 Mar 2013 23:03

ankeny Sorry,we don't want a Nazi saluting fascist has our manager

Disagree.

DiCanio is not the answer though

Royal Rads

by Royal Rads » 10 Mar 2013 04:32

Personally I am still backing McDermott, one of the few it seems, in my eyes we are almost certainly down, what's done is done, the fact that Brian got us to prem with that squad is evidence enough he has got what it takes, look at the teams around us, most of them have spent as much on one player as we have our entire seasons new signings, they have the quality there we don't. Now I'm not saying he hasn't made mistakes but in the summer he'll have time to reflect and make sure they won't happen again if not correct them sooner. All I'm going to say is look at all the teams that went down last year and year before that chopped and changed managers, almost all of them whilst retaining their key players have struggled to really hit form, for me i would like Brian to stay and be fully backed by the board, given a decent amount of cash to improve squad etc because in all honesty there aren't many managers I think that could do a better job that would be likely candidates, someone like poyet maybe but it's hardly like were going to be able to bring in di Matteo or mourinho who would be the kind who could definitely take us to the next level....

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 10 Mar 2013 05:30

Brian has managed to play the worst football since terry the taxi, like terry at times it works. But over a longer term and when other managers realise you are one dimensional they whip your side week after week.

What gets us as fans it that we believe there something better in this squad of players. We believe that carrico and others can be part of the answer.

And those that attend know that defeats against our close relegation rivals are the most painful.

For the reason that he is out of his depth Brian should go. And he should go now.

If should have gone before after losing a four goal lead against arsenal. That showed what we could do.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 10 Mar 2013 05:46

If PDC comes anywhere near this club I would, for the first time in the 50+ years that I have been supporter, have to review my loyalty to the club. However, as he is definitely not a fit for the type of person that the club would go for I don't think my loyalty is at risk.

246 posts