23%
No
77%

Total votes: 332
bigdon

Re: Why are you all so obssessed with the Paulo facist issue

by bigdon » 11 Mar 2013 21:00

Royal Lady
bigdon I bet many older Reading fans have voted for Margaret Thatcher.

all i am saying is Paolo was manager at Swindon for 18 months ish and fascism just wasnt an issue at all. Fans,players, club employees all liked him and were loyal to him. It will be exactly the same at Reading.

What about the players who were prepared to testify against him for racist comments made to a fellow player? :|

I think you have been reading the sun a bit to avidly. All he did was call him blackie.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 11 Mar 2013 21:02

Bloody hell, it's Rip Van Royalee. Where you been for the last 18 months?
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 11 Mar 2013 21:04, edited 1 time in total.

jellytot

by jellytot » 11 Mar 2013 21:03

all i am saying is Paolo was manager at Swindon for 18 months ish and fascism just wasnt an issue at all. Fans,players, club employees all liked him and were loyal to him. It will be exactly the same at Reading.

Criterion is a manager with experience and the right coaching qualifications plus likes to play football. Might be better to have someone who is not afraid to shout a bit!

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 11 Mar 2013 21:03

Unless, any Reading fan has ever lived in Finchley (Thatcher's constituency), or voted in a Conservative leadership election, I can guarantee no Reading fan has ever voted for Thatcher.

Sorry to be pedantic.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 11 Mar 2013 21:05

Royalee
royalexile
Royalee Because most of our fans are astute enough and wanted the current Liverpool manager out for having a huge oxf*rd ego and trying to change the ethos of our underachieving club. For some reason flailing around the relegation zone at the time seemed quite a bright prospect..

The second half of the previous season saw us with relegation form and at the time of Rodgers' sacking we weren't actually in the drop zone, but don't let that get in the way of a flawed argument uneloquently put.

I'm sure i'll sleep at night.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: Di Canio a few things you all should know by a Swindon f

by TBM » 11 Mar 2013 21:38

bigdon Hello my Reading Chums looks like Paolo is going to get the gig enjoy the ride. Here are a few things you should know to help you get on with your new boss.

1. Training for your players will be hard and I mean hard. Think SAS selection process.

2. If you have any big time charlie type players they are finished. Its Paolos way of your out (Or fascism as its otherwise known).

3. Paolo is basically an exact clone of the London Gangster Frankie Frazer 40 years ago.

4. Paulo has a team of about 6 people who will have varies jobs and titles their only use or importance is to manage Paolo. The most important of these people is Phil Spencer. Without Phil spencer there is no Paolo. Phil spencer will be the most important person at your club. You may not believe this now but you will find out why soon enough.

5. Paolo will think he is bigger than your club.

6. When Paolo is quiet be afraid be very afraid. If Paolo has a rant/meltdown which is about probably around 1 in every 3 games this is good it is very good it means next game you will always get a result.

7. Paolo is more passionate than your most passionate fan(might not be for very long though).

8.Paulo does tend to say f*ck quite a lot in interviews. Generally our local radio reporters tended to let it go but this could cause problems on match of the day etc.

9. Paulo will spend and spend big. Dont be surprised if he signs someone for 10 million on a monday then by wedensday says "Well he isnt as good as i thought he was" and then blames it on the player. Paolo would also spend 10 million on a player and deliberately keep him on the bench for 5 weeks to show him who is boss.

10. The Fascism thing really wont be an issue. Lets be honest If you get a draw at Old Trafford or the emirites you will all be following the fascist. I mean that as a fickle football fan and in the nicest possible way.

Welcome to management by hand grenade.

I'm actually looking forward to it now!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Mar 2013 21:40

joeroyal
bigdon Hello my Reading Chums looks like Paolo is going to get the gig enjoy the ride. Here are a few things you should know to help you get on with your new boss.

1. Training for your players will be hard and I mean hard. Think SAS selection process.

2. If you have any big time charlie type players they are finished. Its Paolos way of your out (Or fascism as its otherwise known).

3. Paolo is basically an exact clone of the London Gangster Frankie Frazer 40 years ago.

4. Paulo has a team of about 6 people who will have varies jobs and titles their only use or importance is to manage Paolo. The most important of these people is Phil Spencer. Without Phil spencer there is no Paolo. Phil spencer will be the most important person at your club. You may not believe this now but you will find out why soon enough.

5. Paolo will think he is bigger than your club.

6. When Paolo is quiet be afraid be very afraid. If Paolo has a rant/meltdown which is about probably around 1 in every 3 games this is good it is very good it means next game you will always get a result.

7. Paolo is more passionate than your most passionate fan(might not be for very long though).

8.Paulo does tend to say f*ck quite a lot in interviews. Generally our local radio reporters tended to let it go but this could cause problems on match of the day etc.

9. Paulo will spend and spend big. Dont be surprised if he signs someone for 10 million on a monday then by wedensday says "Well he isnt as good as i thought he was" and then blames it on the player. Paolo would also spend 10 million on a player and deliberately keep him on the bench for 5 weeks to show him who is boss.

10. The Fascism thing really wont be an issue. Lets be honest If you get a draw at Old Trafford or the emirites you will all be following the fascist. I mean that as a fickle football fan and in the nicest possible way.

Welcome to management by hand grenade.

That's just what we need get some aggression in the side, the ones that cant run ship them out (and there's a few of them) for to long to long now there has been a very cosy atmosphere where the old guard was happy with the cosy untouchable world they lived in guaranteed shirt on the peg yes bri no bri three bags full bri I for one hope that the madman comes here and blows it all up and starts again preferably with players that are mobile and can pass the ball.

Genuine question, how old are you?

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Fans' Verdict - Di Canio?

by Big Ern » 11 Mar 2013 21:51

I also heard that Di Canio throws live kittens into the fire and bites the heads of hamsters.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 11 Mar 2013 21:53

Big Ern I also heard that Di Canio throws live kittens into the fire and bites the heads of hamsters.

No. That is Ozzy Osbourne.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 11 Mar 2013 22:02

Fascist and prick, join this innit https://www.facebook.com/NofascismNotoDiCanio

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Mar 2013 22:04

winchester_royal Lets be honest here. If he takes over, gets us playing nice football, and gets good results..we'll all be very glad to have him.

Any manager who comes in will have positives and negatives, the true test will be how they perform in the role. Whoever comes in should get our support.

I'd rather someone came in who was likeable and didn't have all sorts of nasty reputations and a tendency to behave with no decorum and like a loudmouthed twat. If Di Canio gets the job, the second anything goes wrong and he'll lose the fans because no one wants him in the first place. That's not really a good appointment if the manager has no little leeway for mistakes or poorer performance.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 11 Mar 2013 22:06

It's already ended in tears and I think we are relegated. Frankly they could put Mr. Blobby in charge if it keeps us up.

As long as the trains run on time...

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 11 Mar 2013 22:10

Matt de K Phil Spencer??!!?? I suppose he does find everyone bargain quality houses, I can see why he'd be important. Wouldn't want Paulo ending up living in Whitley

May as well come. We have Russias answer to Frank Spencer running the club.

mouthandtrousers

by mouthandtrousers » 11 Mar 2013 22:11

Be careful of what you wish for:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... views.html
absolutely no way.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 11 Mar 2013 22:14

The best thing about Di Canio is that it would royally piss off the Hammers and Swindon fans 8)

I'm well up for it, at least the Madejski will be entertaining on Saturdays for once. Some of you lot take yourselves a little too seriously.

NattMiles

by NattMiles » 11 Mar 2013 22:18

I vote no, because I don't think he is the right man at the moment, rather have Nigel Adkins and build next year in the championship.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 11 Mar 2013 22:21

Although i disagreed with the mcdermott sacking

I would love to have di canio here. Hes got fight passion and real enthusiasm that we need to stay up because quite frankly we havent got the skill levels to stay up. I for one am excited at the prospect and hope di canio is here by tomorrow

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 11 Mar 2013 22:24

Ok let's say it is PDC and he manages to get 5 wins from last 9 games and we stay up - will any of those who have been crying about McD being sacked and cursing PDC be renewing their STs? I don't like PDC and I hate fascists, but then I don't like most footballers and I still chear them if they score for Reading ...

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 11 Mar 2013 22:27

mouthandtrousers Be careful of what you wish for:
absolutely no way.

Luckily we are not sponsored by a trade union, but a bourgeois supermarket (albeit one which is a worker's co-operative)

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 11 Mar 2013 22:31

Stuka
mouthandtrousers Be careful of what you wish for:
absolutely no way.

Luckily we are not sponsored by a trade union, but a bourgeois supermarket (albeit one which is a worker's co-operative)

Workers cooperative that is very hostile to union organisation within it= they're trying to create a Waitrose Volksgemeinschaft. They'll love Di Canio. Boo.

302 posts