Zingarevich Out!!!

186 posts
Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Zingarevich Out!!!

by Cureton's Volley » 12 Mar 2013 02:22

Handbags aside, lets talk facts.

Football is a business.
The biggest and most successful businesses consistently outperform the competition due significant and effective investment strategies.

Reading have not done this due to our lack of revenue, so I would therefore like to forward the motion that; 'In the Premier League Reading are not a big club.'

Not proud of it, but it's true.

HTH

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 12 Mar 2013 02:24

There is no way we are going to stay up. We have sackad a man who at Championship level took us from bottom to ninth. 5th and a play off final. And Champions. Not to mention two FA cup quater finals. If he thinks there is a man out there that can turn the team in to world beaters in nine games and keep us up he is very deluded. Once down find a manager with a record as good as Brian's at that level and achieve success on a shoestring budget then good luck.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 12 Mar 2013 02:34

Jackson Corner There is no way we are going to stay up. We have sackad a man who at Championship level took us from bottom to ninth. 5th and a play off final. And Champions. Not to mention two FA cup quater finals. If he thinks there is a man out there that can turn the team in to world beaters in nine games and keep us up he is very deluded. Once down find a manager with a record as good as Brian's at that level and achieve success on a shoestring budget then good luck.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 12 Mar 2013 02:40

The only reason, which makes any sense, to sack Brian at this point is the team management deciding we need to go in a new direction in terms of style of play and the type of players we have on the team. And that is going to take money to implement. If we just hire another "successful Championship manager" playing the same hoofball we have been I will have lost all faith in AZ, SJM and the board. To make this move, how and when we did, better a sign of intent...

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 12 Mar 2013 02:53

Libertine The only reason, which makes any sense, to sack Brian at this point is the team management deciding we need to go in a new direction in terms of style of play and the type of players we have on the team. And that is going to take money to implement. If we just hire another "successful Championship manager" playing the same hoofball we have been I will have lost all faith in AZ, SJM and the board. To make this move, how and when we did, better a sign of intent...

This. McDermott has been held responsible this time. But if significant investment in a squad capable of winning promotion and staying up is not made then Zingarevich should, and will, be held responsible.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 12 Mar 2013 03:03

Jackson Corner There is no way we are going to stay up. We have sackad a man who at Championship level took us from bottom to ninth. 5th and a play off final. And Champions. Not to mention two FA cup quater finals. If he thinks there is a man out there that can turn the team in to world beaters in nine games and keep us up he is very deluded. Once down find a manager with a record as good as Brian's at that level and achieve success on a shoestring budget then good luck.

For all its merits, this is really wrong. When you get down to the last nine games, it's about getting points out of them whoever you are and whoever your manager is. We're losing our winnable games, quite simply. There are some winnable games left and we the prize is enormous.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 12 Mar 2013 05:12

i Stopped reading when IDEAL agreed, hes never said anything positive in his miserable life.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 12 Mar 2013 05:19

windermere_royal i Stopped reading when IDEAL agreed, hes never said anything positive in his miserable life.

You and me agree on this one.

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 12 Mar 2013 07:08

The club has consistently made a loss in the championship covered by player sales and only turned a small profit for our two premiership years to date.

Where is this significant investment supposed to be financed from?

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 12 Mar 2013 07:41

Cureton's Volley lets talk facts.

Football is a business.

Christ :roll:

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 12 Mar 2013 08:06

Cureton's Volley Handbags aside, lets talk facts.

Football is a business.
The biggest and most successful businesses consistently outperform the competition due significant and effective investment strategies.

Reading have not done this due to our lack of revenue, so I would therefore like to forward the motion that; 'In the Premier League Reading are not a big club.'

Not proud of it, but it's true.

HTH

What proof have we of AZ's business success?

Can anyone name any of his companies?

It looks like the successful businessman has only been a director once...

https://www.duedil.com/director/9169880 ... ingarevich

SJM is currently a director of two companies - not RFC

https://www.duedil.com/director/9159154 ... t-madejski

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 12 Mar 2013 08:16

AZ has done the right thing today to take the club forward is that not what we all want know, all you boo boys a bit upset cause the reading way that was loosing us premiership status is over

Awh

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Mar 2013 08:17

sandman Take your daddy's money, your copy of football manager and Pi55 off you spoilt little brat.

Oh and you can take your flat chested harlot with you as well.

Ok maybe leave her.

You would be better directing your anger at the architects of the twice proven failed 'Reading Way'.

What's more, Madejski is conspicuous by his silence in not speaking out against the sacking. Either he agrees with it or his own interests have prevented him from saying otherwise.

Personally I feel that even if Madejski was still the owner of the club, Brian McDermott's days at the club would have been numbered.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 12 Mar 2013 08:18

RoyalBlue
sandman Take your daddy's money, your copy of football manager and Pi55 off you spoilt little brat.

Ok maybe leave her.

You would be better directing your anger at the architects of the twice proven failed 'Reading Way'.

What's more, Madejski is conspicuous by his silence in not speaking out against the sacking. Either he agrees with it or his own interests have prevented him from saying otherwise.

Personally I feel that even if Madejski was still the owner of the club, Brian McDermott's days at the club would have been numbered.

SJM is not a director of the club HTH

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 12 Mar 2013 08:25

Where's the feckin money, Anton? Otherwise, what's the point of you? We may as well change our name to Little Chelsea. Chelsea in structure but Little as in no money.

I honestly believe this is the start of a long downward spiral.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 12 Mar 2013 08:26

Arch

For all its merits, this is really wrong. When you get down to the last nine games, it's about getting points out of them whoever you are and whoever your manager is. We're losing our winnable games, quite simply. There are some winnable games left and we the prize is enormous.

And sadly there was absolutely no sign that McDermott was capable of getting those wins. We may or may not now win those games (the real damage was done with the dreadul results against Wigan and Villa). However, by getting a new management team in now, we have allowed time for them to give it a go but, more importantly, time to assess the squad in match situations and have a damn good idea what needs doing before the transfer window opens. Maybe this time around we will get the bulk of our business done early in the window and not suffer quite as much from the traditional slow start.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 12 Mar 2013 08:27

Uke
RoyalBlue

Ok maybe leave her.

SJM is not a director of the club HTH

Madejski is still Chairman HTH. If he disagreed with what was going on, he could have resigned his position in protest.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 12 Mar 2013 08:31

Man Friday Where's the feckin money, Anton? Otherwise, what's the point of you? We may as well change our name to Little Chelsea. Chelsea in structure but Little as in no money.

I honestly believe this is the start of a long downward spiral.

He has been quoted as investing in Youth Development at the club. Let us hope that he is a man of his word.

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 12 Mar 2013 08:32

Welcome to the Premier League, where your only as good as your last result, where a club has to show they are here for the win and not just being a jolly good fella, its a sad fact that if you don't pull the results your off, can anyone name a club that consistantly allows its manager to fail and then keep them on?...
This league may be classed as one of the best in the world but its also the most fickle, ncie guys like Brian would always crash and burn here, i can't say for a minute i did'nt see this coming, but this may also be the change for the club that shows intent, that it desires to succeed in this league, either way i am sad to see him go.
It will be intreasting to see how the players respond to this dramatic change on Sat as we all know how we tend to raise our game against teams like Man Utd.
Last edited by westongeezer on 12 Mar 2013 08:33, edited 1 time in total.

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Y21 » 12 Mar 2013 08:33

I'm sure McD understands the brutal nature of football. After all, he got his job when the last messiah was sacked. Didn't see him crying for him, or wringing his hands at the cruelty of it all. He got on with it, and ahem, moved on.

Now it's his turn. He had a good run, had some fantastic success, but ultimately failed to strengthen or learn sufficiently from previous seasons the club had in the top flight to ensure his long term success. Sacking people is never a nice thing to do, but sometimes it is necessary when they are repeating the same mistakes over and again.

The king is dead, long live the king. Just so long as it isn't PDC.

186 posts