89th min - Send Off for McDermott on Saturday??

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

89th min - Send Off for McDermott on Saturday??

by Cureton's Volley » 12 Mar 2013 02:33

After nearly 13 years of fantastic service to the club during the most successful period in its 142 year history, he would be knocking on the door of a testimonial were he a player. Regardless of your opinion on this decision today, and in respect of his contribution to the club, what do we feel would be a suitable tribute to McDermott at the game on Saturday?

Nothing too crazy, something modest yet memorable to say thank you before "we move on"... perhaps a chant throughout the 89th min in honour of the Championship winning points tally last season??

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: 89th min - Send Off for McDermott on Saturday??

by Terminal Boardom » 12 Mar 2013 03:38

Cureton's Volley After nearly 13 years of fantastic service to the club during the most successful period in its 142 year history, he would be knocking on the door of a testimonial were he a player. Regardless of your opinion on this decision today, and in respect of his contribution to the club, what do we feel would be a suitable tribute to McDermott at the game on Saturday?

Nothing too crazy, something modest yet memorable to say thank you before "we move on"... perhaps a chant throughout the 89th min in honour of the Championship winning points tally last season??

Won't all the fans have left by then?

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 12 Mar 2013 03:41

It's an away game. They'll be locked in.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 12 Mar 2013 07:53

Least do it when half the world is watching and not when we are 4:0 and everyone gone home or turned the tv off!

17 April is when he got us up.... 17 gets my vote.

Delboy

by Delboy » 12 Mar 2013 08:22

13th minute to celebrate his number of years with the club

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 12 Mar 2013 08:36

Would definitely be nice to see something from the fans that are heading up on Saturday, especially if there's a chance to do it before the new man comes in.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 12 Mar 2013 09:15

Delboy 13th minute to celebrate his number of years with the club

Seems as good as any. I think we should do this as Brian will be able to hear on TV if Old Trafford is the usual library.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 12 Mar 2013 09:19

As pro-McDermott as I am, I have a real dislike for this "trend" to applaud/chant through a particular minute in "tribute" for someone/something.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 12 Mar 2013 09:21

Big Foot As pro-McDermott as I am, I have a real dislike for this "trend" to applaud/chant through a particular minute in "tribute" for someone/something.

Agreed, but as a one off for one night only I think it's fair enough

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 12 Mar 2013 09:31

Just sing "Brian McDermott's Barmy Army" throughout.

Oh, and "Sack the Board". :lol:

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 12 Mar 2013 09:36

Schards#2
Big Foot As pro-McDermott as I am, I have a real dislike for this "trend" to applaud/chant through a particular minute in "tribute" for someone/something.

It's not a one off though, this is part of the shift in culture at football that I resent.

Villa fans applauding in the 19th minute for Petrov / Reading fans applauding in the 3rd minute for Armstrong etc etc

Perhaps if the fans cared that much, they'd have sung support for McDermott on Saturday instead of chanting the name of a wannabe chav centre midfielder who's done phuck all for the club, including refusing to play.

Jokers.

You reap what you sow.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 12 Mar 2013 09:40

88th minute in support of Di Canio's beliefs

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 12 Mar 2013 09:42

Big Foot
Schards#2

It's not a one off though, this is part of the shift in culture at football that I resent.

Villa fans applauding in the 19th minute for Petrov / Reading fans applauding in the 3rd minute for Armstrong etc etc

Perhaps if the fans cared that much, they'd have sung support for McDermott on Saturday instead of chanting the name of a wannabe chav centre midfielder who's done phuck all for the club, including refusing to play.

Jokers.

You reap what you sow.

very much with Big Footers on this one. it sits alongside songsheets, rumblestix and Soccer AM in making me cringe.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 12 Mar 2013 09:43

+1

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 12 Mar 2013 09:46

Big Foot
Schards#2

Jokers.

You reap what you sow.

Fair points, TBF. I'm going to write Brian a letter instead.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 12 Mar 2013 09:49

Will it be the same fans joining in this tribute as those booing on Saturday that put the final nail in his coffin?

The decision to sack Brian was poorly timed IMO but maybe after the silly booing on Saturday AZ thought he had little choice.

I feel sorry for Brian and the club owe him a huge debt of gratitude which came in the way of a new contract for which he has now got the monetary benefit if nothing else, but in Brian's words.....

WE MOVE ON. (In a better place than when BMc took charge)
Last edited by leicsRoyal on 12 Mar 2013 09:53, edited 1 time in total.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 12 Mar 2013 09:52

soggy biscuit .........it sits alongside songsheets, rumblestix and Soccer AM in making me cringe.

I look forward to CMZ jumping on the bandwagon any minute then.

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 12 Mar 2013 10:00

leicsRoyal Will it be the same fans joining in this tribute as those booing on Saturday that put the final nail in his coffin?

The decision to sack Brian was poorly timed IMO but maybe after the silly booing on Saturday AZ thought he had little choice.

I feel sorry for Brian and the club owe him a huge debt of gratitude which came in the way of a new contract for which he has now got the monetary benefit if nothing else, but in Brian's words.....

Feel sorry for Brian what are you ?man or mouse the guy got paid for his work. Move on next please

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 12 Mar 2013 10:05

joeroyal
leicsRoyal Will it be the same fans joining in this tribute as those booing on Saturday that put the final nail in his coffin?

Feel sorry for Brian what are you ?man or mouse the guy got paid for his work. Move on next please

When you leave school and join the employed you will understand.

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 12 Mar 2013 10:10

leicsRoyal
joeroyal

When you leave school and join the employed you will understand.

!! Ouch