MCDERMOTT SACKED

714 posts
Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MCDERMOTT SACKED

by Royal With Cheese » 12 Mar 2013 09:36

Well, Zingaravitch has really set down a marker with this baffling decision.

I hope he's prepared to back this up with considerable investment - because if he doesn't it will be a very stupid move.

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

was it harrys appointment that did for brian?

by frimmers3 » 12 Mar 2013 09:37

of course qpr could still easily crash and burn,but love or hate him,he does seem to have the lazarus effect.was their (of late) resurrection the final straw for the money men at the madstad?

royal_ross

by royal_ross » 12 Mar 2013 09:37

Man Friday sums it up very well...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/ear ... 56440.html

Those fans thinking this is a good move, well, this is the beginning of the end for RFC. We've had 20 good years and we're just about to enter the football wilderness alongside Wolves, Blackburn, Sheffield Utd, etc.

I'm not wasting my hard-earned money on Zingy's little project that's for sure.

See ya suckers!

That is a brilliant article. Just sums up what I feel at the min.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 12 Mar 2013 09:40

I don't think its a baffling decision. Brian had precious little points from the mini league in the prem. He should have picked up more than that. Yes he did well to get us to the prem but he with getting promoted he did too. If he can't cut it at this level then he needs to move on. Well done Anton for having the balls. If anything he should have done it at christmas but he obviously gave him one last shot to bring us to now.
Yes Brian is a nice guy, this niceyness is spreading through the club, I don't care much for how nice it is, and how great the atmosphere is at training. I want results and someone who is prepared to make the big calls like dropping legs and McAnuff and playing Guthrie even if he is a pcunt.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 12 Mar 2013 09:40

Those fans thinking this is a good move, well, this is the beginning of the end for RFC. We've had 20 good years and we're just about to enter the football wilderness alongside Wolves, Blackburn, Sheffield Utd, etc.

See ya suckers!

Good article.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 12 Mar 2013 09:42

TBF I don't think anyone can say its a pointless sacking until they see who the Russian is bringing in and how much money he is being given. Maybe he didn't want his money being spent by Brian. Its *his money he can choose who spends it.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 12 Mar 2013 09:44

There's just so little identity left within the club. If you want results, you may as well go to any other the other identikit teams with modern out of town stadiums, with players and staff with no ties to the club, trying to spend their way to being a mid table premiership team, and pick whichever one's doing well at the time.
Supporting a football team is about being sentimental, it is about being emotional, otherwise, what is it that you're caring about? I don't go and cheer on businesses on the high street. I cheer on a football club because it's meant to be more than a business. But clearly not.
Last edited by mr_number on 12 Mar 2013 09:50, edited 1 time in total.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 12 Mar 2013 09:47

royal_ross

See ya suckers!

That is a brilliant article. Just sums up what I feel at the min.

We have definitely not got a lower-mid Championship squad at present. That was a diss too far.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: was it harrys appointment that did for brian?

by maffff » 12 Mar 2013 09:50

Maybe. Maybe not.

One small part of a bigger puzzle.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 12 Mar 2013 09:54

frimmers3 of course qpr could still easily crash and burn,but love or hate him,he does seem to have the lazarus effect.was their (of late) resurrection the final straw for the money men at the madstad?

You are aware that Saggy Lazarus has taken QPR all the way to the giddy heights of......20th place?

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 12 Mar 2013 09:57

of course.but he seems to installed momentum just when needed. do you just post in an attempt to nit pick anything i contribute?

ddetisi

Re: This could work!

by ddetisi » 12 Mar 2013 10:01

Ouroboros And you couldn't find a single other thread where your thoughts about the managerial situation might be relevant?

Could you not find a single thread where you would like to contribute instead of being a little girl about it?

Blue Blood

by Blue Blood » 12 Mar 2013 10:15

I was wondering if the timing was such that it was felt we would likely not get anything out of the next 2 games anyway so time to get the new manager sorted and perhaps even experiment at Old Trafford and Emirates. Perhaps see Guthrie Carrico get some pitch time (if indeed Carrico is fit). Not saying that is the right thing to do but these two games are nothing to lose ones (Old Trafford at least).

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 12 Mar 2013 10:16

ddetisi
Ouroboros And you couldn't find a single other thread where your thoughts about the managerial situation might be relevant?

Could you not find a single thread where you would like to contribute instead of being a little girl about it?

Yep, but it wasn't this one.

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 12 Mar 2013 10:26

Couple of observations.

* There seems to be a division of opinion based on when people signed up to HNA
* All this talk of handing in season tickets, not going to games - surely you support the club not the mgt or owners
* Whether the timing of sackng Brian was right or wrong or if funds there were adequate funds etc. no on can argue that the quality of football has been rubbish (not to be confused with excitement)

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 12 Mar 2013 10:27

Norfolk Royal Anyone who thins McD should not have been sacked has not watched our games recently. Also, they should remember that there is no other club in the Premier League with the possible exception of Wigan, who would have given him so much time.

A very good point that has been overlooked by many.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 12 Mar 2013 10:30

I support a well-run club that has a soul. I will not be supporting a Little Chelsea. Anton spends his money how he wants (not that we've seen much of it) and I spend mine how I want. Simple really.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 12 Mar 2013 10:30

Norfolk Royal Anyone who thins McD should not have been sacked has not watched our games recently. Also, they should remember that there is no other club in the Premier League with the possible exception of Wigan, who would have given him so much time.

funnily enough, its this difference between us and other clubs that made me so proud to be a reading fan

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 12 Mar 2013 10:31

HoneyRoastHoax I don't think its a baffling decision. Brian had precious little points from the mini league in the prem. He should have picked up more than that. Yes he did well to get us to the prem but he with getting promoted he did too. If he can't cut it at this level then he needs to move on. Well done Anton for having the balls. If anything he should have done it at christmas but he obviously gave him one last shot to bring us to now.
Yes Brian is a nice guy, this niceyness is spreading through the club, I don't care much for how nice it is, and how great the atmosphere is at training. I want results and someone who is prepared to make the big calls like dropping legs and McAnuff and playing Guthrie even if he is a pcunt.

Yep, agree with that.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 12 Mar 2013 10:33

mr_number There's just so little identity left within the club. If you want results, you may as well go to any other the other identikit teams with modern out of town stadiums, with players and staff with no ties to the club, trying to spend their way to being a mid table premiership team, and pick whichever one's doing well at the time.
Supporting a football team is about being sentimental, it is about being emotional, otherwise, what is it that you're caring about? I don't go and cheer on businesses on the high street. I cheer on a football club because it's meant to be more than a business. But clearly not.

Identity? What is this nonsense? Amount of bloody cliches fans come up with is embarrassing.

For my £1000 following Reading this season I want to see us win and at same time play decent football. Not seen much of either this season.

714 posts