Zingarevich Out!!!

186 posts
Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Zingarevich Out!!!

by Man Friday » 12 Mar 2013 08:48

The new (so-called) investors who haven't invested (a couple of million here and there is sweet FA for what's needed for the PL) can absolutely feck off. I want my club back. Of course MCD "wasted" some of that money. Name me a manager that has got every transfer decision right. Whar's happened to the millions from playing being in the PL. Even Madejski could have spent a few million with the influx of PL money. The so-called investors have done nothing for this club excelpt start to turn it into a Little Chelsea.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 12 Mar 2013 09:06

RoyalBlue Madejski is still Chairman HTH. If he disagreed with what was going on, he could have resigned his position in protest.

He did that when he sold 51%

He knew the score

He runs businesses

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 12 Mar 2013 09:07

Man Friday I want my club back. .

rofl

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 12 Mar 2013 09:48

Libertine The only reason, which makes any sense, to sack Brian at this point is the team management deciding we need to go in a new direction in terms of style of play and the type of players we have on the team. And that is going to take money to implement. If we just hire another "successful Championship manager" playing the same hoofball we have been I will have lost all faith in AZ, SJM and the board. To make this move, how and when we did, better a sign of intent...

^^^This.

The hierachy feels the time is right and I have to say I agree. Why?

1) We may have 9 games left, but I think the board has already resigned itself to relegation. Anything else from the new manager would be a bonus.
2) Those 9 games - in a situation that will show who has character and who doesn't - will let the manager make a full assessment before the new season and a whole pre-season with his newly assembled squad.
3) With any luck, we may actually have a good start! What would have been worse is if Brian had remained in charge and made a slow start again - some would have then come out and say he should have been gone last season!

Tough on Brian who has the club in his heart, but if a direction change is required, there is no right and proper way. A sacking is a sacking after all, and the board could simply not win either way.

Divvy

by Divvy » 12 Mar 2013 12:12

What a load of tarts you lot are.

AZ's investment > SJM's investment

Players come, players go. Managers come, managers go.

Brian can't do it at this level, so we've hardly made the siuation any worse. Brian is a nice guy but perhaps too nice, and he will have his pick of jobs soon. Onwards and upwards for both parties.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 12 Mar 2013 12:18

Divvy

Remains to be seen doesn't it. Investment isn't just about chucking an extra few bob into the pot over the short term.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 12 Mar 2013 12:22

72 bus
Caskeys Lovechild INTEGRITY

All of it, has completely evaporated today.

Zingarevich OUT.

We have sacked every manager we have ever had, same for every club.
Get over it.
Are you sure about that? - We certainly didn't sack Mark McGhee and we tried to hang onto Pardew.... Did Coppell quit on us?

Divvy

by Divvy » 12 Mar 2013 12:23

Vision
Divvy

Remains to be seen doesn't it. Investment isn't just about chucking an extra few bob into the pot over the short term.

Long-term, yes, short-term then he's spent massively more than SJM did in both seasons in the PL last time around.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 12 Mar 2013 12:30

Divvy
Vision
Divvy

Long-term, yes, short-term then he's spent massively more than SJM did in both seasons in the PL last time around.

How much investment was made to get us to the stage where possibly getting relegated from the Premiership is seen as a complete and utter failure by Reading fans?

We didn't just get teleported to this level from outer space. It took years and years of steady investment and patience plus the will and vision to see what was needed. I'm afraid you can't just compare 3 transfer windows of transfer investment (2 of which have arguably not been good enough for what many fans expect of Reading FC 2013) with 20 years of work.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 12 Mar 2013 20:47

Sandman and all the other w*nker inferiority complex fans we have out. Go on, f*ck off and watch Oxford or something if you like watching third rate football and harking back to the 'good old days' so much.

BonBoh

by BonBoh » 12 Mar 2013 20:58

Royalee Sandman and all the other w*nker inferiority complex fans we have out. Go on, f*ck off and watch Oxford or something if you like watching third rate football and harking back to the 'good old days' so much.

Have you ever been reported or investigated for abusive or bullying behaviour? If not, perhaps it's about time. Show a little bit more restraint and respect for other people's opinions. Thank you.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 12 Mar 2013 21:03

Zingarevich out!

Get over it.... :roll:

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 12 Mar 2013 21:11

BonBoh
Royalee Sandman and all the other w*nker inferiority complex fans we have out. Go on, f*ck off and watch Oxford or something if you like watching third rate football and harking back to the 'good old days' so much.

Have you ever been reported or investigated for abusive or bullying behaviour? If not, perhaps it's about time. Show a little bit more restraint and respect for other people's opinions. Thank you.

What like they do

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Mar 2013 21:13

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 12 Mar 2013 21:16

BonBoh

LOL, either you're on a windup or you don't read half of Sandman's moronic, patronising posts.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Mar 2013 21:18

Either that or you take the internet far too seriously Lee boy.
Last edited by sandman on 12 Mar 2013 21:35, edited 1 time in total.

BonBoh

by BonBoh » 12 Mar 2013 21:34

Royalee
BonBoh

LOL, either you're on a windup or you don't read half of Sandman's moronic, patronising posts.

Neither. I just think your comment lacks respect and is extremely abusive/offensive. I am surprised this forum condones this type of contribution.

trueroyal1871

by trueroyal1871 » 12 Mar 2013 21:55

+1

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 12 Mar 2013 22:02

Who Moved The Goalposts?
Libertine The only reason, which makes any sense, to sack Brian at this point is the team management deciding we need to go in a new direction in terms of style of play and the type of players we have on the team. And that is going to take money to implement. If we just hire another "successful Championship manager" playing the same hoofball we have been I will have lost all faith in AZ, SJM and the board. To make this move, how and when we did, better a sign of intent...

^^^This.

1) We may have 9 games left, but I think the board has already resigned itself to relegation. Anything else from the new manager would be a bonus.
2) Those 9 games - in a situation that will show who has character and who doesn't - will let the manager make a full assessment before the new season and a whole pre-season with his newly assembled squad.
3) With any luck, we may actually have a good start! What would have been worse is if Brian had remained in charge and made a slow start again - some would have then come out and say he should have been gone last season!

Tough on Brian who has the club in his heart, but if a direction change is required, there is no right and proper way. A sacking is a sacking after all, and the board could simply not win either way.

^^^ Possibly the most sensible post since the McD news broke.

Are you AZ and may I claim my £5?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Mar 2013 22:38

strap
Who Moved The Goalposts?

^^^This.

^^^ Possibly the most sensible post since the McD news broke.

Are you AZ and may I claim my £5?

I've been saying pretty much the same things. :( Perhaps I just didn't articulate it as well. :wink: :wink:

186 posts