Zingarevich Out!!!

186 posts
PeteH1985

Re: Zingarevich Out!!!

by PeteH1985 » 13 Mar 2013 01:36

Uke
RoyalBlue
sandman Take your daddy's money, your copy of football manager and Pi55 off you spoilt little brat.

Oh and you can take your flat chested harlot with you as well.

Ok maybe leave her.

You would be better directing your anger at the architects of the twice proven failed 'Reading Way'.

What's more, Madejski is conspicuous by his silence in not speaking out against the sacking. Either he agrees with it or his own interests have prevented him from saying otherwise.

Personally I feel that even if Madejski was still the owner of the club, Brian McDermott's days at the club would have been numbered.

SJM is not a director of the club HTH

No but he is on the board and chairman so has the right to know why and publicly back Brian or explain it to us. SJM needs to talk fast to keep his credibility

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 13 Mar 2013 02:51

PeteH1985

No but he is on the board and chairman so has the right to know why and publicly back Brian or explain it to us. SJM needs to talk fast to keep his credibility

No he doesn't. He is the member of a board. The board discusses in private and clears its different in private. In public it has one voice - that is the way it should be done. If, as a board member, you cannot agree with the party line you only speak out publicly after resigning your position. It is a long, time honoured and totally correct tradition.

Anyway, why the rather quaint thinking that John M is not completely on side with this decision?

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 13 Mar 2013 06:57

Big LOL at blaming Zingarevich.

Someone who comes in and buys 51% of our club and wants to see us progress into an established top flight squad? Yes get out our club I don't want to see us competing in the best league in the world... Idiots.

McDermott did brilliantly with Reading but if you actually want to see us move forward then the McDermott sacking was the right decision.

How do we know that Zingarevich actually did provide the funds but McDermott wanted to do things the Reading way? Zingarevich may have just had trust in him after he trusted him to take us up with buying players such as Jason Roberts. Don't see how you can blame someone who is trying to move the club in the right direction. No one knows what goes on behind the scenes. If you want to see our club progress then stay and support your team and if your living in the past please kindly oxf*rd off and go watch aldershot play. Even if AZ does bring Di Canio in as much as I would hate that decision, I'm Reading till I die and will support them whoever is in charge.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 13 Mar 2013 07:13

I honestly think SJM is phasing out his tenure now... He's not said anything for some time. I miss those tones telling me the cloth needs to be cut!

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 13 Mar 2013 07:23

The only thing Anton done wrong was not do it the same time QPR did.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 13 Mar 2013 07:52

sandman Take your daddy's money, your copy of football manager and Pi55 off you spoilt little brat.

Oh and you can take your flat chested harlot with you as well.

Ok maybe leave her.

Assume you enjoyed 442 hoofball then with Ledge and Harte in the side... :roll: . Get a grip.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Mar 2013 09:43

Just for you (not so) LoyaRoyal22:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fishing_bait
Last edited by sandman on 13 Mar 2013 10:13, edited 1 time in total.

trueroyal1871

by trueroyal1871 » 13 Mar 2013 10:11

sandman Just for you (not so) LoyaRoyal22l:

It's obvious you were fishing, so what is your real opinion on this situation?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 13 Mar 2013 10:58

personally dont think AZ has done anything wrong.

he has taken the action he feels he needed, and i dint think even the most ardent BM supporter can argue it wasnt wholly unexpected

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Mar 2013 13:36

ankeny The only thing Anton done wrong was not do it the same time QPR did.

Yeh, the guy's an idiot for remaining loyal to McDermott and allowing him a bit longer to show that he could turn things around (not my view but many would have expressed it).

Poor old Anton was damned whatever and whenever he did it!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Mar 2013 15:17

trueroyal1871
sandman Just for you (not so) LoyaRoyal22l:

It's obvious you were fishing, so what is your real opinion on this situation?

My opinion is that this situation is a complete mess, has no direction at all and AZ has panicked at the thought of losing out on all that wonga from "The greatest league in the Milky Way".

This is a big decision that will define this club for the forseeable future and I hope for his sake it works out because at the moment it looks like our away kit next year may be gold and black.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 13 Mar 2013 16:49

Again, this sums up my feelings exactly...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/jim ... 42350.html

and is exactly why I shall be boycotting all remaining matches this season as suggested by the first respondent.

elman

by elman » 13 Mar 2013 17:07

First sentence ok, but the second is uncalled for.
Moderator?

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 13 Mar 2013 17:10

Man Friday Again, this sums up my feelings exactly...

and is exactly why I shall be boycotting all remaining matches this season as suggested by the first respondent.

Don't forget to sell your seat on Via Gogo..... bye now

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Mar 2013 17:11

Why oh why can people not see that this move only had a little to do with this season and far, far, more to do with next?!

After the Villa defeat virtually condemned us to relegation (in the eyes of realists at least) it actually made great sense to fire Brian McDermott at that point. By him leaving now, the club have allowed themselves more time to find a successor and that successor more time to prepare for next season. If that successor also manages to pull off a miracle and ensure our PL survival, then that is just a massive bonus!

Just what would have been the point of keeping McDermott on until the end of the season (just what evidence existed to show there was any chance that he would be able to turn things around?), only to fire him at that point, join the summer merry go round of managers and then try to play catch up in the transfer window?

Anton has carried out the right move at the right time and has shown that he is a smart guy who does understand football. The likes of Jim White are clearly too stupid to realise that his focus was rightly more on next season than this.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 13 Mar 2013 17:22

RoyalBlue Why oh why can people not see that this move only had a little to do with this season and far, far, more to do with next?!

After the Villa defeat virtually condemned us to relegation (in the eyes of realists at least) it actually made great sense to fire Brian McDermott at that point. By him leaving now, the club have allowed themselves more time to find a successor and that successor more time to prepare for next season. If that successor also manages to pull off a miracle and ensure our PL survival, then that is just a massive bonus!

Just what would have been the point of keeping McDermott on until the end of the season (just what evidence existed to show there was any chance that he would be able to turn things around?), only to fire him at that point, join the summer merry go round of managers and then try to play catch up in the transfer window?

Anton has carried out the right move at the right time and has shown that he is a smart guy who does understand football. The likes of Jim White are clearly too stupid to realise that his focus was rightly more on next season than this.

Have to say I agree with that. The rot had set in & there will be more decent managers to pick from now than in June.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 13 Mar 2013 17:23

RoyalBlue Why oh why can people not see that this move only had a little to do with this season and far, far, more to do with next?!

That is certainly one way of interpreting the event.......

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 13 Mar 2013 17:28

Man Friday Again, this sums up my feelings exactly...

agree with it all

apart from the bit about it being AZs choice not to spend.
we dont know that for certain.

boycotting games is daft.
managers, no matter how loved, come and go.
the fans remain. the club continues

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 13 Mar 2013 17:38

Yep we'll be in the Championship next season so i can't see any reason why we'd want a manager who has a proven track record in being skillz at managing Championship sides

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 13 Mar 2013 17:39

Maguire Yep we'll be in the Championship next season so i can't see any reason why we'd want a manager who has a proven track record in being skillz at managing Championship sides

Suspect it's also the brand of football that's the issue as it won't get bums on seats.

186 posts