89th min - Send Off for McDermott on Saturday??

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: 89th min - Send Off for McDermott on Saturday??

by RoyalBlue » 12 Mar 2013 19:37

Z175
Big Foot
Schards#2 Agreed, but as a one off for one night only I think it's fair enough

It's not a one off though, this is part of the shift in culture at football that I resent.

Villa fans applauding in the 19th minute for Petrov / Reading fans applauding in the 3rd minute for Armstrong etc etc

Perhaps if the fans cared that much, they'd have sung support for McDermott on Saturday instead of chanting the name of a wannabe chav centre midfielder who's done phuck all for the club, including refusing to play.

Jokers.

You reap what you sow.

I'm totally 100% with you on that. Would anybody whos been advocating Guthrie like to come on tell us what he did with his first touch?

Go on, tell us. Although I suspect you may well opt to rewrite history just to try to support your point. And if, on this occasion, he did lose the ball, then name me any one of the best 10 players in the world who hasn't done the same at some point. Then open your blinkered eyes and look at what else Guthrie did in the game. :twisted:

The signing of Guthrie and his subsequent management of him was, I am sure, one of the many reasons why McDermott eventually ended up losing his job.

I'm not at all scared of the harvest that has been sown. Equally, I would support a fitting tribute to Brian for all that he did for the club before this dreadful season.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 12 Mar 2013 19:45

RoyalBlue The signing of Guthrie and his subsequent management of him was, I am sure, one of the many reasons why McDermott eventually ended up losing his job

Agree that signing the little pcunt was a big mistake.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Mar 2013 19:50

Big Foot As pro-McDermott as I am, I have a real dislike for this "trend" to applaud/chant through a particular minute in "tribute" for someone/something.

rare 'greed.

Take a banner and sing chants throughout the game if you want to send a message.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Mar 2013 20:17

Surely the most fitting tribute would be the ritual sacrifice of SPARTA, ManchesterRoyals, RoyalBlue and all the other haterz. It's what Brian would've wanted.
Last edited by sandman on 12 Mar 2013 20:39, edited 1 time in total.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 12 Mar 2013 20:23

He's had a pretty long send off as it is given the club should've sacked him in December.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Mar 2013 20:24

Royalee He's had a pretty long send off as it is given the club should've sacked him in December.

And yet Rodgers was unfairly sacked way too early! :lol:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 12 Mar 2013 20:27

Ian Royal
Royalee He's had a pretty long send off as it is given the club should've sacked him in December.

Yep, Brian had been in the job 3 years, Rodgers for less than 6 months...not like Brian was going to change his ways after that period of time or improve whereas we were in transition when Rodgers was sacked.

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 12 Mar 2013 20:31

How about we just remember him and chat about him, his achievements, what a nice bloke he is, where he went wrong, over a few beers down the pub. And always extend a warm welcome when he returns as a manager for someone else?

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 12 Mar 2013 20:36

Has anyone that's going still got the "and on the 8th day Brian created God" banner from last season? Unfurling that would hit the spot imo.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Mar 2013 20:41

Ian Royal

Don't mention Rodgers or Lee boy will get the baby oil out.

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 12 Mar 2013 20:51

Muskrat Has anyone that's going still got the "and on the 8th day Brian created God" banner from last season? Unfurling that would hit the spot imo.

I still see it in Y26 from where I sit. Should definitely bring it. It's a much better sentiment than the minute clap.

BonBoh

by BonBoh » 12 Mar 2013 20:53

How about Reading Time!
Chant/sing continuously from the 85th minute until the final whistle blows. Chant: "What's the time? It's Reading time." Followed by the song "McDermott oh-oh..." Repeat sequence until the end of game.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Mar 2013 21:18

Royalee
Ian Royal

Yep, Brian had been in the job 3 years, Rodgers for less than 6 months...not like Brian was going to change his ways after that period of time or improve whereas we were in transition when Rodgers was sacked.
Hold on a minute :evil:

For 2 and a half years Brian was in a better place than Rodgers and anyone else (with the exception of SSC) before him, ever was. 30 odd days ago he was Premier manager of the month..............our second most successful manager ever...................whilst I've always empathised with your take on Brendan, put things in perspective and show some respect for the guy, and an appreciation for those folk that now think you are wrong.

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 12 Mar 2013 23:35

Could he draw the golden gamble at the next home game? Sure that would work very nicely. :shock:

PeteH1985

by PeteH1985 » 13 Mar 2013 01:26

Big Foot
Schards#2
Big Foot As pro-McDermott as I am, I have a real dislike for this "trend" to applaud/chant through a particular minute in "tribute" for someone/something.

Agreed, but as a one off for one night only I think it's fair enough

It's not a one off though, this is part of the shift in culture at football that I resent.

Villa fans applauding in the 19th minute for Petrov / Reading fans applauding in the 3rd minute for Armstrong etc etc

Perhaps if the fans cared that much, they'd have sung support for McDermott on Saturday instead of chanting the name of a wannabe chav centre midfielder who's done phuck all for the club, including refusing to play.

Jokers.

You reap what you sow.

If you had been there in the first half we sang on more than one occasion our support for BM. In my block I only cursing aimed at our captain and lazy defence. We need to tell the board what we think next home game and give BM the send off he deserves.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 13 Mar 2013 01:38

sandman Surely the most fitting tribute would be the ritual sacrifice of SPARTA, ManchesterRoyals, RoyalBlue and all the other haterz. It's what Brian would've wanted.

I didn't hate BM i just think he wasnt good enough for the PL and for me his tactics, signings and man management have been awful this season

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 13 Mar 2013 08:30

sandman
Ian Royal

Don't mention Rodgers or Lee boy will get the baby oil out.

Paul Jewell's available I think. Proper manager him apparently. Derby knew the proper way to do thingsn etc etc etc

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Mar 2013 10:15

:|

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 13 Mar 2013 10:55

ManchesterRoyals
sandman Surely the most fitting tribute would be the ritual sacrifice of SPARTA, ManchesterRoyals, RoyalBlue and all the other haterz. It's what Brian would've wanted.

I didn't hate BM i just think he wasnt good enough for the PL and for me his tactics, signings and man management have been awful this season

youve been awful this season.
i only wish this board would sack you

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 13 Mar 2013 14:58

Muskrat Has anyone that's going still got the "and on the 8th day Brian created God" banner from last season? Unfurling that would hit the spot imo.

It's Rex's and as previously stated in the Manchester away thread (club policies) United don't allow banners any bigger than a certain size, so would risk losing it by taking it.

Personally think we should go back to the 'Brian Mcdermott, Nigel Gibbs, and that'll be Sal Bibbooooo oooooooer oooooooooer'