Next Reading Manager: Press Conference @ 9:15

2614 posts
Pearcehegone

Re: Next Reading Manager

by Pearcehegone » 13 Mar 2013 20:11

Amazing Di canio is getting so much Flack on here!
When was management about being liked? Management is NOT about being liked. It is about results. Sir Alex has done some crazy things in the past, thrown countless hissy fits, thrown boots at golden balls.. yet he was knighted. Why? Because he won.

Ok Di canio doesn't have much experience as of yet, but how much did Brian have before getting appointed? And his record at swindon is not short of a miracle.

I honestly would like to see Atkins in as 1st choice BUT should PDCanio get the nod, he has my full support. He may not be your favourite choice of friend to grab a beer with or someone you could forgive for playing useless tactics the whole season whilst at all times staying calm and allowing underperforming friends a game every week, but Di Canio may just work.

By god this team needs a firework or two up their jacksie.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 13 Mar 2013 20:17

grey_squirrel If Adkins can then also assemble a squad the like of which contains players like Puncheon, Lambert, Schneiderlin, Rodriguez, Lalllana, Ramirez - or even audaciously pinches a couple of them in the summer, I would be well happy!

Trillion times better than the pap we currently have.

Between the start of last season and getting sacked Adkins spent about £30m more than McDermott and got a massive 5 more points :|

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Mar 2013 20:23

Given the way Adkins was treated by Southampton maybe he doesn't want to come to a club that treated their own highly successful manager the same way.

Ginger Ninjas

by Ginger Ninjas » 13 Mar 2013 20:24

Simon's Church
grey_squirrel If Adkins can then also assemble a squad the like of which contains players like Puncheon, Lambert, Schneiderlin, Rodriguez, Lalllana, Ramirez - or even audaciously pinches a couple of them in the summer, I would be well happy!

Between the start of last season and getting sacked Adkins spent about £30m more than McDermott and got a massive 5 more points :|

I know which team's style of football I'd rather watch though. Also encouraged by the way Adkins learned from his mistakes earlier in the season and had started to tighten up their defence before being sacked.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 13 Mar 2013 20:25

Simon's Church

This. Anybody that wants Adkins is fukking clueless

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 13 Mar 2013 20:26

Simon's Church

And how much would those 5 points be worth to them if they keep them up?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Mar 2013 20:27

Simon's Church

Which may well be sufficient to guarantee their survival. If so, £30M well invested! They also played far more attractive football and continue to do so with largely the squad he assembled.

sandman Given the way Adkins was treated by Southampton maybe he doesn't want to come to a club that treated their own highly successful manager the same way.

In which case he won't have any problem coming to Reading. How dumb do people have to be to say that McDermott was treated in the same way? :roll: Adkins was sacked a lot earlier and his team was performing far better. McDermott was given longer and a second transfer window (which he and Hammond largely screwed up). The chairman only finally lost his patience after two dreadful performances and results against relegation rivals and clear indications that the manager seemed to have run out of ideas and possible solutions.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 13 Mar 2013 20:30, edited 1 time in total.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 13 Mar 2013 20:27

Ginger Ninjas
Simon's Church

I know which team's style of football I'd rather watch though. Also encouraged by the way Adkins learned from his mistakes earlier in the season and had started to tighten up their defence before being sacked.

Also you fail to mention that they had successive promotions so would always need a huge cash injection to stay in the Prem.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 13 Mar 2013 20:28

I'd be happy with Adkins for sure.

I just want to know who it is either way. Come on Reading hurry up!

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 13 Mar 2013 20:36

It was reported this week that Adkins was taking southaampton to a tribunal following his sacking, if my memory serves me correctly when Curbishly done the same to West Ham, was he not permitted to take another managers job until the result of the said tribunal settled ??
Last edited by howser on 13 Mar 2013 20:38, edited 1 time in total.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 13 Mar 2013 20:36

SLAMMED
Simon's Church

And how much would those 5 points be worth to them if they keep them up?

Dunno, but if McDermott had been able to spend an extra £30m I doubt we'd still be in the bottom 3. TBH it was mostly a response to their players being ' a trillion times better' than ours, Adkins managed to get Lambert, Schneiderlin and Lallana to finish below Hunt, Leigertwood and Karacan last year.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 13 Mar 2013 20:37

Because finishing second in the championship is a lot to be ashamed of...

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 13 Mar 2013 20:42

SLAMMED Because finishing second in the championship is a lot to be ashamed of...

Especially having just been promoted from League 1!!

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 13 Mar 2013 20:43

SLAMMED Because finishing second in the championship is a lot to be ashamed of...

Pretty much.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 13 Mar 2013 20:43

I'm starting to this Simon's Church is actually the real Simon Church with the shit he's coming out with.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 13 Mar 2013 20:44

Royal Lady
Royal Lady Why would Dolan's pre-match press conference be live on Sky tomorrow morning? :|

Anyone? Is this usual?

Durrr, who are we playing?

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 13 Mar 2013 20:51

Don't want Adkins anywhere near our club.

Might as well have kept Brian if we get this fool in.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 13 Mar 2013 20:52

SLAMMED I'm starting to this Simon's Church is actually the real Simon Church with the shit he's coming out with.

:|

Just don't think that someone who took a squad that is without a doubt far better and far more expensive than ours to second in the champ and 16th in the prem is really gonna be an improvement on McDermott.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 13 Mar 2013 20:54

At least he had a more expensive squad.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 13 Mar 2013 20:59

howser It was reported this week that Adkins was taking southaampton to a tribunal following his sacking, if my memory serves me correctly when Curbishly done the same to West Ham, was he not permitted to take another managers job until the result of the said tribunal settled ??

That's a complete red herring. There is nothing in the way of Adkins taking the job if it is offered and he wants it.

2614 posts