Zingarevich Out!!!

186 posts
Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Zingarevich Out!!!

by Man Friday » 13 Mar 2013 17:43

melonhead
Man Friday Again, this sums up my feelings exactly...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/jim ... 42350.html

and is exactly why I shall be boycotting all remaining matches this season as suggested by the first respondent.

agree with it all

apart from the bit about it being AZs choice not to spend.
we dont know that for certain.

boycotting games is daft.

managers, no matter how loved, come and go.
the fans remain. the club continues

yeah, but it's not my club and certainly doesn't feel like it anymore. It's owned by a non-resident of this country who wants success yesterday. At least SJM had affiliations to this area (and yes I know that Zingy went to Reading uni). The club is having its soul ripped out Chelsea-style and I feel ashamed for the first time in years, possibly ever, of being one of its supporters.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 13 Mar 2013 17:47

There are two kinds of teams that get promoted from the Championship. Teams that do the Championship thing better than the others, and teams who are too good for the Championship. The former (Watford, Burnley, Derby, Wolves, Hull, Birmingham, Reading) don't tend to prosper when they go up; the latter (Newcastle, West Brom, Swansea for example) are better equipped. There are some counterexamples. Stoke are like Championship team on steroids, while West Ham are a serially incompetent Premiership team. We play championship football and have done it well for a decade. Brian has shown he's good at that. But presumably we'd like to move into the other category. The fact that we'll be in the Championship doesn't mean we shouldn't try to be a too-good-for-the-Championship team rather than a better-than-the-other-Championship-teams team. Should we aspire to being like Watford or Swansea?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 13 Mar 2013 17:53

Man Friday
melonhead
Man Friday Again, this sums up my feelings exactly...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/jim ... 42350.html

and is exactly why I shall be boycotting all remaining matches this season as suggested by the first respondent.

agree with it all

apart from the bit about it being AZs choice not to spend.
we dont know that for certain.

boycotting games is daft.

managers, no matter how loved, come and go.
the fans remain. the club continues

yeah, but it's not my club and certainly doesn't feel like it anymore. It's owned by a non-resident of this country who wants success yesterday. At least SJM had affiliations to this area (and yes I know that Zingy went to Reading uni). The club is having its soul ripped out Chelsea-style and I feel ashamed for the first time in years, possibly ever, of being one of its supporters.

i dunno.
im always shamed by my fellow fans.
always said i was happy with JM to continue in that mode forever

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 13 Mar 2013 18:04

MmmMonsterMunch
Maguire Yep we'll be in the Championship next season so i can't see any reason why we'd want a manager who has a proven track record in being skillz at managing Championship sides

Suspect it's also the brand of football that's the issue as it won't get bums on seats.

Disagree, people like to watch a winning team. Win games and people will go to watch - attendances last season wouldn't have been as high if we'd been 10th but notching 70% possession per game.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 13 Mar 2013 18:22

Maguire
MmmMonsterMunch
Maguire Yep we'll be in the Championship next season so i can't see any reason why we'd want a manager who has a proven track record in being skillz at managing Championship sides

Suspect it's also the brand of football that's the issue as it won't get bums on seats.

Disagree, people like to watch a winning team. Win games and people will go to watch - attendances last season wouldn't have been as high if we'd been 10th but notching 70% possession per game.

Yep I agree with that. However, this mgt team & players can't just dust themselves off for another go like this season never happened. It's just not that simple. It's a shame as if they'd bought a couple more proven prem players in the summer it may not have panned out this way but we'll never know now.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 13 Mar 2013 18:50

True, guess we never will

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 13 Mar 2013 19:08

What we need though is a guy skillz at building a team capable of competing in the Prem, not just one who is good at winning games in the Championship.

I think Anton is ready to invest quite heavily this summer, and clearly he doesn't believe Brian is the right guy to be in charge of that.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 13 Mar 2013 19:18

winchester_royal I think Anton is ready to invest quite heavily this summer, and clearly he doesn't believe Brian is the right guy to be in charge of that.

Prepare to be disappointed

(Or to throw this back at me)

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Mar 2013 19:32

Arch There are two kinds of teams that get promoted from the Championship. Teams that do the Championship thing better than the others, and teams who are too good for the Championship. The former (Watford, Burnley, Derby, Wolves, Hull, Birmingham, Reading) don't tend to prosper when they go up; the latter (Newcastle, West Brom, Swansea for example) are better equipped.

I think you'll find that under their new manager and with a partnership that is already paying dividends, Watford have moved across to the latter category.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 13 Mar 2013 21:15

Uke
winchester_royal I think Anton is ready to invest quite heavily this summer, and clearly he doesn't believe Brian is the right guy to be in charge of that.

We'll see m8. Sacking McDermott was a brave (and possibly stupid depending on how you look at it) call by Anton, I really don't think he'd have done it unless plans to spend were in motion.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 13 Mar 2013 21:20

winchester_royal
Uke

We'll see m8. Sacking McDermott was a brave (and possibly stupid depending on how you look at it) call by Anton, I really don't think he'd have done it unless plans to spend were in motion.

Quite agree. His head is on the chopping board now so he has to put his money where his mouth is.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 13 Mar 2013 21:31

Man Friday yeah, but it's not my club and certainly doesn't feel like it anymore. It's owned by a non-resident of this country who wants success yesterday. At least SJM had affiliations to this area (and yes I know that Zingy went to Reading uni). The club is having its soul ripped out Chelsea-style and I feel ashamed for the first time in years, possibly ever, of being one of its supporters.

Is this sacking any more brutal than getting rid of Brendan Rodgers?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 13 Mar 2013 21:38

MmmMonsterMunch Quite agree. His head is on the chopping board now so he has to put his money where his mouth is.

I'm not sure how that equates. He might alienate the supporters if things don't go to plan and we are indifferent next season. I'm sure he can then be the focus of the boo boys out there.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 13 Mar 2013 21:43

royalexile
MmmMonsterMunch Quite agree. His head is on the chopping board now so he has to put his money where his mouth is.

I'm not sure how that equates. He might alienate the supporters if things don't go to plan and we are indifferent next season. I'm sure he can then be the focus of the boo boys out there.

You make out like we're Wolves fans or something! Generally we are quite a supportive bunch & if we get a decent replacement in then I'm sure he won't alienate them. People have talked for years about us getting the 'dream ticket'. It might well be here now we just have to see what unfolds.

Quite exciting if nothing else.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 13 Mar 2013 22:04

God no. Lets just hope that AZ makes the right decision for the club irrespective of the support base who could disapprove. The thread title might be knee jerk but it is telling. It's clear that AZ has high hopes for his investment into the club and wants a out of it (a return on his investment :idea: ). He might have left the outside chance of retaining EPL profile this season too late. How the club builds and release players to provide this stability he craves in the prem is another matter.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 13 Mar 2013 22:11

royalexile God no. Lets just hope that AZ makes the right decision for the club irrespective of the support base who could disapprove. The thread title might be knee jerk but it is telling. It's clear that AZ has high hopes for his investment into the club and wants a out of it (a return on his investment :idea: ). He might have left the outside chance of retaining EPL profile this season too late. How the club builds and release players to provide this stability he craves in the prem is another matter.

Go on admit it...you are just a teeny bit excited about what might happen? :wink:

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 13 Mar 2013 22:18

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Man Friday yeah, but it's not my club and certainly doesn't feel like it anymore. It's owned by a non-resident of this country who wants success yesterday. At least SJM had affiliations to this area (and yes I know that Zingy went to Reading uni). The club is having its soul ripped out Chelsea-style and I feel ashamed for the first time in years, possibly ever, of being one of its supporters.

Is this sacking any more brutal than getting rid of Brendan Rodgers?

More unfair/ridiculous because Brian had only just got us up (as Champions I hasten to add - although of course that was ALL luck) and had somehow amassed 20 points in the PL with relatively (ref WHU, Southampton) little investment in the team whereas Rodgers was sending us down, fast.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 13 Mar 2013 22:45

MmmMonsterMunch
royalexile God no. Lets just hope that AZ makes the right decision for the club irrespective of the support base who could disapprove. The thread title might be knee jerk but it is telling. It's clear that AZ has high hopes for his investment into the club and wants a out of it (a return on his investment :idea: ). He might have left the outside chance of retaining EPL profile this season too late. How the club builds and release players to provide this stability he craves in the prem is another matter.

Go on admit it...you are just a teeny bit excited about what might happen? :wink:

Trying to be. :P

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 13 Mar 2013 22:47

Man Friday The new (so-called) investors who haven't invested (a couple of million here and there is sweet FA for what's needed for the PL) can absolutely feck off. I want my club back. Of course MCD "wasted" some of that money. Name me a manager that has got every transfer decision right. Whar's happened to the millions from playing being in the PL. Even Madejski could have spent a few million with the influx of PL money. The so-called investors have done nothing for this club excelpt start to turn it into a Little Chelsea.

They also played a hugely significant role in getting us promoted last season. Without Roberts goals, and by all accounts he was on a hefty wage for the Championship, we would not be in the Premier League today.

PeteH1985

by PeteH1985 » 14 Mar 2013 01:15

ScottishRoyal
Man Friday The new (so-called) investors who haven't invested (a couple of million here and there is sweet FA for what's needed for the PL) can absolutely feck off. I want my club back. Of course MCD "wasted" some of that money. Name me a manager that has got every transfer decision right. Whar's happened to the millions from playing being in the PL. Even Madejski could have spent a few million with the influx of PL money. The so-called investors have done nothing for this club excelpt start to turn it into a Little Chelsea.

They also played a hugely significant role in getting us promoted last season. Without Roberts goals, and by all accounts he was on a hefty wage for the Championship, we would not be in the Premier League today.

Roberts was a free that could have been done with SJM as owner, they have indeed invested bugger all and can't asking for results when they don't provide the resources they promised SJM and BM when SJM sold.

186 posts