Players don't want Di Canio

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Players don't want Di Canio

by Binfield Royal » 14 Mar 2013 00:30

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ayers.html

According to the Daily Mail, Reading players have said either publicly or privately that they don't want Di Canio as our next manager.

Well good because it seems the majority of fans don't want him either.

Hopefully, Anton will realise that there is no chance whatsoever of survival if the team won't give 100% for the manager.

So, better get ready to welcome our soon to be new manager, Sam Allerdyce...

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Players don't want Di Canio

by moo » 14 Mar 2013 00:33

Hopefully Brian comes back... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 14 Mar 2013 00:35

You know, i reckon the plan was to get rid of McD and get Di Canio in but once the players turned round and said "no" its kinda back-fired on the board and now they're saying "we don't have anyone lined up".......so basically the sacking was a pointless one as we're just 3 coaches short at the club now :|

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 14 Mar 2013 00:36

TBM You know, i reckon the plan was to get rid of McD and get Di Canio in but once the players turned round and said "no" its kinda back-fired on the board and now they're saying "we don't have anyone lined up".......so basically the sacking was a pointless one as we're just 3 coaches short at the club now :|

I don't really see any senior pros who have any right to dictate anything to the club.

PeteH1985

by PeteH1985 » 14 Mar 2013 00:39

Looks like the board are in for a tricky ride seen as most people were against the sacking of BM in these circumstances and want RDM. If the players are with us then anton has dug a mighty big grave for himself

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 14 Mar 2013 00:39

moo
TBM You know, i reckon the plan was to get rid of McD and get Di Canio in but once the players turned round and said "no" its kinda back-fired on the board and now they're saying "we don't have anyone lined up".......so basically the sacking was a pointless one as we're just 3 coaches short at the club now :|

I don't really see any senior pros who have any right to dictate anything to the club.

Possibly but it makes the churning out of no news tick over.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 14 Mar 2013 00:40

moo

Who said anything about dicating? - all it takes is for a few of them to say "if Paulo is our manager, then i would like to be transfer listed please" makes no odds to them if they really don't want to play under him.

PeteH1985

by PeteH1985 » 14 Mar 2013 00:41

moo

Very true the leaders should be apologising for this mess and helping mend it. Younger or hard working players like hunt have a right to say what they want but not Roberts or macnuff

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 14 Mar 2013 00:44

It would be interesting if some of the team voiced an opinion but i doubt it really happened.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 14 Mar 2013 00:51

Even if it did, oxf*rd 'em. They lost Brian & Gibbo their jobs. Their performances have been abysmal and they need a kick up the back side. Anyway, Anton and Nicky will not be liaising with the players through this recruitment process :lol: and when have they listened to us :!:

PeteH1985

by PeteH1985 » 14 Mar 2013 00:54

royalp-we Even if it did, oxf*rd 'em. They lost Brian & Gibbo their jobs. Their performances have been abysmal and they need a kick up the back side. Anyway, Anton and Nicky will not be liaising with the players through this recruitment process :lol: and when have they listened to us :!:

Don't be too hard most of the players did, I don't think anyone can blame Feds for the situation were in!

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 14 Mar 2013 03:40

Maybe I am missing something but I think the timing of his firing is absolutely spot on, Anton has given Brian the best chance to save his own job by letting him stay until after we had played Villa and Wigan at home - if we had won those games he would still have the job.

The games against Arsenal and Man Utd away are frankly hopeless regardless of manager so it would be stupid to name a new manager before these games as they'd be starting with a losing streak, what I think the board have done is time it so they have a couple of weeks to find the right man for the job. Personally I am very much of the opinion no news is good news and this Daily Mail sh1t is just exactly that.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 14 Mar 2013 05:55

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 14 Mar 2013 08:07

PeteH1985
royalp-we Even if it did, oxf*rd 'em. They lost Brian & Gibbo their jobs. Their performances have been abysmal and they need a kick up the back side. Anyway, Anton and Nicky will not be liaising with the players through this recruitment process :lol: and when have they listened to us :!:

Don't be too hard most of the players did, I don't think anyone can blame Feds for the situation were in!

Apart from the five goals in the first four games thing, I don't blame Feds at all.

jonnye5

by jonnye5 » 14 Mar 2013 08:37

bit harsh, player have worked very hard, just not up to premier league standard. Big difference between not trying and not being good enough

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 14 Mar 2013 08:51

I doubt any players have said anything of the sort. I wonder how many of them know Paolo, or anything of his management style, apart from what they've read in the media. And it would be very petulant to act on the back of media reports.

White Rougier

by White Rougier » 14 Mar 2013 09:04

more like the players who are not good enough are bricking it as Di Canio wont have favorites who are not Premier league class, i think it would be a good appointment!

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 14 Mar 2013 09:08

White Rougier more like the players who are not good enough are bricking it as Di Canio wont have favorites who are not Premier league class, i think it would be a good appointment!

Thankfully you are not making the appointment and, I suspect, the board will not be consulting you.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 14 Mar 2013 09:08

Di Canio was never considered as a replacement for McD - fact. It's just idle media speculation, as a result of seeing him in the stands on Saturday. If he'd been sitting next to Anton it would have been a different matter.

The players won't dictate who our next manager is or is not - fact.

Biscuit_Boy

by Biscuit_Boy » 14 Mar 2013 09:21

Binfield Royal http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2292973/Paolo-Di-Canio-unwanted-Reading-players.html

According to the Daily Mail, Reading players have said either publicly or privately that they don't want Di Canio as our next manager.

Well good because it seems the majority of fans don't want him either.

Hopefully, Anton will realise that there is no chance whatsoever of survival if the team won't give 100% for the manager.

So, better get ready to welcome our soon to be new manager, Sam Allerdyce...

And they gave 1000% for Brian? They got him the sack! Yes, I know they weren't good enough, but there were spells in the Villa game for instance where they just stood off and let Villa have the ball for minutes at a time. If you were trying your best you'd be at least trying to tackle.