Next Reading Manager: Press Conference @ 9:15

2614 posts
Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

Re: Next Reading Manager

by Libertine » 14 Mar 2013 04:41

72 bus
Libertine I see no plan, just shambles...

I am with you there

And just to elaborate...

We have 4 players on our squad who were brought in this season who have made little or no impact cumulatively on the pitch. Guthrie, Gunter, Carrico and McCleary are the players I am refering to. And most of them are not making an impact due to lack of opportunities. I think it illustrates a dysfunction between the front office and the on field staff that has existed for the whole of this season.

It is incumbent on the front office to set the tone for the direction of the team, on and off the pitch. They have to be the ones to decide what kind of football will be played, get the right manager in to implement that style and then work with the manager to get the players who are able to effectively play in that system. In that regard 2012-2013 has been completely shambolic...by all parties concerned. I think Dolan should be allowed to finish the season and we take our time, finally get a plan in place and hire the manager who can best lead the team in the direction that is decided upon...everybody must be on the same page if we expect there to be better results.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 14 Mar 2013 05:47

72 bus
Caskeys Lovechild http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2292973/Paolo-Di-Canio-unwanted-Reading-players.html

This is the best bit of news to come out of the club in a long while.....

Only because he might require them to put a shift in

Like the players were all experienced at playing in the Prem. We need a bastard in charge. Someone who can kick some backsides and get some passion and desire on the pitch. If it isn't PDC, then this is who it should be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4x05Z3MSkQ

Royalcop

by Royalcop » 14 Mar 2013 07:20

We need someone like this:

http://youtu.be/nYDIMWpcKqI

Surprisingly, John Sitton found it hard to get work after this aired.....

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Mar 2013 08:02

Maria Kr. I've got no time to read through this and other threads to see if this stat has been mentioned, just read it in the Icelandic media and thought I'd share, an abysmal president though it may be.

No team in the bottom three in the Prem who's swapped managers after Feb 1st has been able to save themselves from the drop (Reading being the 10th such occurrence). Attilo Lombardo (Crystal Palace 1998), Kevin Ball (Sunderland 2006), Alan Shearer (Newcastle 2009), Ian Dowie (Hull 2010) and Terry Connor (Wolves 2012) are among the managers who've tried previously, Terry Connor wasn't even able to win a single match of the thirteen he had.

http://www.mbl.is/sport/enski/2013/03/1 ... fallsaeti/

That's strange, given that list of extremely talented managers

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 14 Mar 2013 08:16

melonhead
HoneyRoastHoax Whats going down Melon, you not in a good mood today?

no.

i h8 you all now.
basically you are all the bruti who stabbed our caesar in the back.
and im ashamed you belong to my club.

Pretty sure Brutus stabbed him in the front.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 14 Mar 2013 08:43

Libertine We have 4 players on our squad who were brought in this season who have made little or no impact cumulatively on the pitch. Guthrie, Gunter, Carrico and McCleary are the players I am refering to. And most of them are not making an impact due to lack of opportunities. I think it illustrates a dysfunction between the front office and the on field staff that has existed for the whole of this season.

McCleary, two goals and 9 assists, more assists than any other player including McAnuff and playing less than half McAnuff's minutes

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 14 Mar 2013 09:23

Maria Kr. I've got no time to read through this and other threads to see if this stat has been mentioned, just read it in the Icelandic media and thought I'd share, an abysmal president though it may be.

No team in the bottom three in the Prem who's swapped managers after Feb 1st has been able to save themselves from the drop (Reading being the 10th such occurrence). Attilo Lombardo (Crystal Palace 1998), Kevin Ball (Sunderland 2006), Alan Shearer (Newcastle 2009), Ian Dowie (Hull 2010) and Terry Connor (Wolves 2012) are among the managers who've tried previously, Terry Connor wasn't even able to win a single match of the thirteen he had.

http://www.mbl.is/sport/enski/2013/03/1 ... fallsaeti/

I don't think anyone seriously believes that we will survive the drop - sacking McD was about much more than that ... it was about stopping the rot and starting afresh as things were getting out of hand on the pitch. It wasn't as if we're unlucky to be where we are - on Saturday against Villa and at home against Wigan it was clear that we deserve to be where we are because we are the weakest team in this league. True we've not spent a lot but neither did Norwich last season and they did a lot better than us. The problem with McD was that he seemed to have the attitude - displayed recently - that getting relegated was no problem really ... pretty much to be expected.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 14 Mar 2013 09:41

Eamon Dolan press conference coming up shortly on Sky Sports News.

:(

Well that will hardly fill the fans with the joys of spring.

Too cut a long story short it was.

'We keep doing what we have been doing'

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 14 Mar 2013 09:52

Just seen the press conference on SSN. I don't know why but I kind of like ED already!!! Dead pan face and batted back the normal questions you would expect to get in the current situation very well.

Good Luck Eamon on Saturday.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 14 Mar 2013 09:52

leicsRoyal Eamon Dolan press conference coming up shortly on Sky Sports News.

"Do you think the owner deserves to stay up after what he's done?"

What a fcking stupid question. Why are all the media acting like we've just shot Bambi? We were 19th, 4 points off safety, and playing like shit. Hardly the most ridiculous managerial decision ever made.

C*nts. Easy for them to sit there on their high horse, they didn't have to watch it every week.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 Mar 2013 09:58

Snowball McCleary, two goals and 9 assists, more assists than any other player including McAnuff and playing less than half McAnuff's minutes

He's one of those players who's not been used enough this season and, in my opinion, one of the failings of McDermott this season to get more from him.

Those assists are presumably heavily weighted towards the cups aren't they? Slightly misleading when we've had the crazy game against Arsenal and high scoring performances against Sheff Utd, Crawley and Peterborough.

He should've played more in place of Kebe and/or McAnuff though (who I'm guessing is still way ahead in terms of Premier League assists despite his so called appalling season).

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 14 Mar 2013 10:07

genome Only thing concrete so far is that TBM has notched up yet another potential colossus. A while to go yet before we hit 262 pages of the TSI thread tho.

8) - my experience has taught me when to strike to get a decent multiple pager

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 14 Mar 2013 10:25

We find no one so bring the legend himself back Coppello who will probably think he has unfinished business as a result of the way we went down last time. A chance for him to cement his legendary status.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 14 Mar 2013 10:45

Hoop Blah
Snowball McCleary, two goals and 9 assists, more assists than any other player including McAnuff and playing less than half McAnuff's minutes

He's one of those players who's not been used enough this season and, in my opinion, one of the failings of McDermott this season to get more from him.

Those assists are presumably heavily weighted towards the cups aren't they? Slightly misleading when we've had the crazy game against Arsenal and high scoring performances against Sheff Utd, Crawley and Peterborough.

He should've played more in place of Kebe and/or McAnuff though (who I'm guessing is still way ahead in terms of Premier League assists despite his so called appalling season).

McCleary's goals-assists stats are better than McAnuff whether you look at Prem Only or including cups

Including cups McCleary has 1 extra goal and one extra assist in less than half of the game time.

0936 Mins - 01 Goals 2 Assists 0936 Mins/Goal - 0311 Mins per G/A McLeary (PREM)
2496 Mins - 00 Goals 7 Assists 9999 Mins/Goal - 0356 Mins per G/A McAnuff (PREM)

1334 Mins - 02 Goals 9 Assists 0667 Mins/Goal - 0121 Mins per G/A McLeary (incl Cups)
2724 Mins - 01 Goals 8 Assists 2724 Mins/Goal - 0303 Mins per G/A McAnuff (incl Cups)

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 14 Mar 2013 10:50

winchester_royal
leicsRoyal Eamon Dolan press conference coming up shortly on Sky Sports News.

"Do you think the owner deserves to stay up after what he's done?"

What a fcking stupid question. Why are all the media acting like we've just shot Bambi? We were 19th, 4 points off safety, and playing like shit. Hardly the most ridiculous managerial decision ever made.

C*nts. Easy for them to sit there on their high horse, they didn't have to watch it every week.

Haha very true!

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 14 Mar 2013 10:54

Snowball
Hoop Blah

McCleary's goals-assists stats are better than McAnuff whether you look at Prem Only or including cups

Including cups McCleary has 1 extra goal and one extra assist in less than half of the game time.

0936 Mins - 01 Goals 2 Assists 0936 Mins/Goal - 0311 Mins per G/A McLeary (PREM)
2496 Mins - 00 Goals 7 Assists 9999 Mins/Goal - 0356 Mins per G/A McAnuff (PREM)

1334 Mins - 02 Goals 9 Assists 0667 Mins/Goal - 0121 Mins per G/A McLeary (incl Cups)
2724 Mins - 01 Goals 8 Assists 2724 Mins/Goal - 0303 Mins per G/A McAnuff (incl Cups)

Thank you for confirming that McAnuff's Premiership assist rate is indeed better than McCleary's.

Any chance you could leave the goalposts where they originally were next time?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Mar 2013 10:56

Bandini
melonhead
HoneyRoastHoax Whats going down Melon, you not in a good mood today?

no.

i h8 you all now.
basically you are all the bruti who stabbed our caesar in the back.
and im ashamed you belong to my club.

Pretty sure Brutus stabbed him in the front.

ok, youre all cassius'............

my history/classics arent really the best

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Mar 2013 10:58

He should've played more in place of Kebe and/or McAnuff though

disagree

should defo play in front of HRK though imo

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Mar 2013 11:01

72 bus
Caskeys Lovechild http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2292973/Paolo-Di-Canio-unwanted-Reading-players.html

This is the best bit of news to come out of the club in a long while.....

Only because he might require them to put a shift in

FFS

the effort RREEEAAAALLLLYY hasnt been the problem this season you divsplats

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 14 Mar 2013 11:10

Platypuss

Thank you for confirming that McAnuff's Premiership assist rate is indeed better than McCleary's.

Any chance you could leave the goalposts where they originally were next time?

(a) These were the combined stats I began with and have used consistently

(b) Ignoring goals scored by a winger/midfielder is utter stupidity.
If McAnuff had scored ten goals but only had one assist would you ignore the goals?
Of course not. A goal is worth a MINIMUM of an assist, really, it should be worth two assists.

But assists-only, the genius that is McAnuff, first on the team-sheet with 2496 Premiership minutes has managed just 7 assists.

That is an assist every four games and zero premiership goals. Do you think that shows "quality"?

2614 posts