Players don't want Di Canio

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Players don't want Di Canio

by ManchesterRoyals » 14 Mar 2013 09:23

WTF Do these players think they?

If they played decent on the pitch they wouldnt be in this shit sorry got them selves to blame

Maybe we need someone like Di Canio to come in and kick some arses instead of the softly softly approach
Last edited by ManchesterRoyals on 14 Mar 2013 09:24, edited 1 time in total.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 14 Mar 2013 09:24

Reading fans in 'believe the Daily Mail story is fact' shocker!

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 14 Mar 2013 09:37

Just what I was going to say

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 14 Mar 2013 09:41

Tokyo Sex Whale Would also be a very dangerous thing to say about a man who may well be your manager in a few days.

I'm not sure Paulo would take kindly to hearing "Oh, did you hear Noel was telling everyone he doesn't want you to be the manager and strongly dislikes you".

I'd say it is unlikely any players have voiced any sort of opinion, other than to very close friends/colleagues or maybe senior members who have been consulted by AZ.

Interestingly, Noel's been leaving home for the training ground a whole lot earlier this week.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 14 Mar 2013 10:06

Binfield Royal According to the Daily Mail, Reading players have said either publicly or privately that they don't want Di Canio as our next manager.

..and people say footballers are stupid.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 14 Mar 2013 10:10

maffff
Binfield Royal According to the Daily Mail, Reading players have said either publicly or privately that they don't want Di Canio as our next manager.

..and people say footballers are stupid.

Root those rats out. According......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

barelylubedcock

by barelylubedcock » 14 Mar 2013 10:19

TBM
moo
TBM You know, i reckon the plan was to get rid of McD and get Di Canio in but once the players turned round and said "no" its kinda back-fired on the board and now they're saying "we don't have anyone lined up".......so basically the sacking was a pointless one as we're just 3 coaches short at the club now :|

I don't really see any senior pros who have any right to dictate anything to the club.

Who said anything about dicating? - all it takes is for a few of them to say "if Paulo is our manager, then i would like to be transfer listed please" makes no odds to them if they really don't want to play under him.

I think dictating is more Di Canio's thing.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 14 Mar 2013 10:22

I think the players need to put up and shut up.

Its their shocking performances and lack of effort that in the end caused Brian to get sacked

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 14 Mar 2013 10:36

bigmike I think the players need to put up and shut up.

Its their shocking performances and lack of effort that in the end caused Brian to get sacked

True, but it was McD who sent them out there - hence some managers get results, others don't. If it was just down to the players doing their bit, no-one would spend money on a manager.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 14 Mar 2013 10:38

Whether it is the fans, players, press, etc the message is:

Di Nazio can oxf*rd off

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Mar 2013 10:39

barelylubedcock
TBM
moo
I don't really see any senior pros who have any right to dictate anything to the club.

Who said anything about dicating? - all it takes is for a few of them to say "if Paulo is our manager, then i would like to be transfer listed please" makes no odds to them if they really don't want to play under him.

I think dictators are more Di Canio's thing.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 14 Mar 2013 10:46

Royalwaster

True, but it was McD who sent them out there - hence some managers get results, others don't. If it was just down to the players doing their bit, no-one would spend money on a manager.

Would be nice to have a manager with a bit of passion for a change.

If we end up with someone like Alan Curbishly or Nigel Adkins then we might as well get Brian back.

Di Canio or Roberto Di Matteo for me

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Mar 2013 10:49

PeteH1985
moo
TBM You know, i reckon the plan was to get rid of McD and get Di Canio in but once the players turned round and said "no" its kinda back-fired on the board and now they're saying "we don't have anyone lined up".......so basically the sacking was a pointless one as we're just 3 coaches short at the club now :|

Very true the leaders should be apologising for this mess and helping mend it. Younger or hard working players like hunt have a right to say what they want but not Roberts or macnuff

Jobi is captain and as such has every right to offer an opinion and present the opinions of the players. Don't criticise him for a supposed lack of leadership and then criticise when he shows some.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Mar 2013 10:51

Biscuit_Boy
Binfield Royal http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2292973/Paolo-Di-Canio-unwanted-Reading-players.html

According to the Daily Mail, Reading players have said either publicly or privately that they don't want Di Canio as our next manager.

Well good because it seems the majority of fans don't want him either.

Hopefully, Anton will realise that there is no chance whatsoever of survival if the team won't give 100% for the manager.

So, better get ready to welcome our soon to be new manager, Sam Allerdyce...

And they gave 1000% for Brian? They got him the sack! Yes, I know they weren't good enough, but there were spells in the Villa game for instance where they just stood off and let Villa have the ball for minutes at a time. If you were trying your best you'd be at least trying to tackle.

do you mean as villa passed it around inneffectually in their own half?
what happens then if two or three players steam into their half after the ball?

lol.

didnt see anyone not putting effort in at all on saturday.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Mar 2013 10:52

ManchesterRoyals WTF Do these players think they?

If they played decent on the pitch they wouldnt be in this shit sorry got them selves to blame
Maybe we need someone like Di Canio to come in and kick some arses instead of the softly softly approach

thought it was all brians fault?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Mar 2013 10:54

bigmike
Royalwaster

If we end up with someone like Alan Curbishly or Nigel Adkins then we might as well get Brian back.

passion isnt just about arm waving and shouting you know.
i dont think ive ever seen a manager more passionate about this club than brian in all honesty

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 14 Mar 2013 11:00

melonhead

U aint got a clue sometimes

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 14 Mar 2013 11:00

bigmike
Royalwaster

There's only one man for the job then and he should be loaned to us as part of our 'sister club' partnership.

Fatih Terim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq8Xi2fictM
Last edited by maffff on 14 Mar 2013 11:02, edited 1 time in total.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Mar 2013 11:01

ManchesterRoyals
melonhead

U aint got a clue sometimes

better than not having one all the time

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Mar 2013 11:06

YateleyRoyal I doubt any players have said anything of the sort. I wonder how many of them know Paolo, or anything of his management style, apart from what they've read in the media. And it would be very petulant to act on the back of media reports.

Yeah because it's not as if Swinedon are a relatively local side and the players would know any of their players. Morro used to play for them and Jem knows at least one of their players. People in football talk and i'm sure the players know quite a bit about him and his style.