Thank YOU - Dolan - Thank YOU - Anton

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Thank YOU - Dolan - Thank YOU - Anton

by windermere_royal » 17 Mar 2013 00:07

Already ruled himself out of the job full time

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 17 Mar 2013 00:09

windermere_royal Already ruled himself out of the job full time

Nah, he just needs a little convincing

Eammo IN

PeteH1985

by PeteH1985 » 17 Mar 2013 00:20

They did look good today and it was the same team so maybe things will pick up. They should at least interview him and see how it goes against arsenal. Still think Anton got it wrong ; either sacked BM at Xmas or end of season as it too late now.
I hear there interviewing Adkins so it may all come out in the wash.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Mar 2013 01:29

You people are utter ball sacs

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 17 Mar 2013 01:32

Wow, I didn't see the match but have been reading the match reports and they say, almost unanimously, what a dreadful match it was and how Reading had one shot on target and that was about it.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Mar 2013 02:02

AthleticoSpizz
jimstaaa Your joking right?

The sacking of Brian was disgusting, he was the guy who brought us up!! He has done well considering what he has been given this season i.e not a lot of money.

This 1 goal defeat was EXACTLY the same as the two other game verses United that Brian was in charge off...
amen to that

Today was our first game in three against Man U that we didnt score....nor look much like scoring.

Todays praise means nothing when previous Man U matches are considered.

It was also the first in which utd didnt look much like scoring. Its all well and good playing open football scoring a couple and conceeding a bunch. But if you keep the number of goals you have conceed down your in with more of a chance than if you are regularly conceeding 3+.

We held onto the ball well and with time to work on things now and pog back to lead the line we should get better again. So utddidnt really try that hard... we'll be facing easier teams from now on.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Mar 2013 02:10

Cripple Creek Wow, I didn't see the match but have been reading the match reports and they say, almost unanimously, what a dreadful match it was and how Reading had one shot on target and that was about it.

Dreadful for a neutral who was looking forward to another end to end game or utd slaughtering us. Positive signs for us.

Sciag how did mcdermott pick the team last time we were relegated, coppell was in charge?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 17 Mar 2013 02:17

Cripple Creek Wow, I didn't see the match but have been reading the match reports and they say, almost unanimously, what a dreadful match it was and how Reading had one shot on target and that was about it.

If you were a Reading fan you'd have been more than happy with it. 48% at OT & only 1 goal conceded. First 15-20 of 2nd half we put them under a lot of pressure actually. Onwards & upwards.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 17 Mar 2013 02:24

Royal Rother Could you not detect a difference in the style of football being played by Reading?

We were not played off the park, that's just a bizarre thing to say. Yes, the difference in class was apparent at times, and yes we were toothless up front but we retained possession better than at any other time this season.

But I too have Thou Voice on ignore!

It was the same kind of game as City away.

United had it locked down. If they had needed another goal they would have scored one.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 17 Mar 2013 04:35

leon You people are utter ball sacs

You must feel right at home then.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Mar 2013 11:31

winchester_royal
windermere_royal Already ruled himself out of the job full time

Nah, he just needs a little convincing

Eammo IN

If he was offered it and McDermott told him that he wanted him to take the job, then he would take it.

Maguire
Royal Rother Could you not detect a difference in the style of football being played by Reading?

We were not played off the park, that's just a bizarre thing to say. Yes, the difference in class was apparent at times, and yes we were toothless up front but we retained possession better than at any other time this season.

But I too have Thou Voice on ignore!

It was the same kind of game as City away.

United had it locked down. If they had needed another goal they would have scored one.

Disagree, Fergie is not the type of manager to tolerate that sort of approach and to be fair to them, most of their players aren't either. We played well yesterday and that contributed to their poor performance.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 17 Mar 2013 11:33

I think it's wayyyyyyyy to early to shout for Dolan to take over the reigns, full time.

In fact, it would be better having him involved with the team somehow, a number two under the influence of Alan Curbishley? One can only dream :wink:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Mar 2013 12:23

Best football we've played in ages, probably because McDermott and Gibbs weren't shouting at everyone to hoof it and doing that stupid 'up the tempo' thing they always used to do instead of actually coaching. Dolan's an exceptional coach, his time in the Academy demonstrates that although I trust Anton to make the correct decision on the new manager - some of the stick he's had on here this week has been disgusting and short-sighted.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 17 Mar 2013 12:27

Royalee Best football we've played in ages, probably because McDermott and Gibbs weren't shouting at everyone to hoof it and doing that stupid 'up the tempo' thing they always used to do instead of actually coaching. Dolan's an exceptional coach, his time in the Academy demonstrates that although I trust Anton to make the correct decision on the new manager - some of the stick he's had on here this week has been disgusting and short-sighted.

Sort of reminded me of Rodgers' tenure. Lot of playing it round the back with absolutely no penetration.

Midfield looked more comfortable but they weren't put under much pressure.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Mar 2013 12:35

The opposition can't put you under so much pressure when you retain the ball like we did yesterday rather than lofting it straight back to them like we have been. The reason we didn't penetrate much yesterday is because our best forward was suspended and our individual players are far inferior to United's. There have been plenty of times we haven't even had a shot this year...yesterday we had R-K's shot, Van Persie blocking a certain goal and a stonewall penalty turned down which ain't bad at Old Trafford. Also, it takes time to change the style and team around when your squad's been used to hoofball - look at Liverpool now who've had more shots than anyone in the league and have been scoring for fun whereas earlier on in the season they never looked like it.

We need to change our style of football and change the ethos around the club, which is what Madejski bottled 3 and a half years ago when he sacked Rodgers and Anton will look to do now - it'll take a fair few months, but it'll be well worth it long term.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 17 Mar 2013 12:49

What we did have was McCleary cutting in rather than running down the wing and just wacking in blind crosses.

As has been said Ledge looked better, shame Akpan had to lose his place, I do wonder what we would look like with Akpan, Blackman and Le Fondre replacing McAnuff Ledge and Hunt.

Play a passing game that does not rely on so much wing play, with the forwards moving about , playing wide and confusing the enemy?

Main trouble would be having subs to change things.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 17 Mar 2013 12:50

Deflected goal and half chances/20 yard strikes for United.

Whilst United didn't get out of 2nd gear, we should feel a little disappointed not to get something from the game.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 17 Mar 2013 13:33

On another matter - who was the guy sitting in between JM and Anton yesterday? Looked middle-eastern ...

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 17 Mar 2013 13:39

I'm assuming a galatasaray official

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 17 Mar 2013 13:51

PeteH1985 They did look good today and it was the same team so maybe things will pick up. They should at least interview him and see how it goes against arsenal. Still think Anton got it wrong ; either sacked BM at Xmas or end of season as it too late now.
I hear there interviewing Adkins so it may all come out in the wash.

They better get a move on. Leeds have made him their no.1 target to replace Warnock!!