Stadium Expansion

1747 posts
Green
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Stadium Expansion

by Green » 19 Feb 2013 16:56

Reading FC make me laugh though, because, you know, it's their interfering, it's their timing. Going on about some stadium expansion - it's red nose day, you know. Ooh, what's more important, Reading FC, or some starving children? Ooh I don't know. Ooh what would Lenny Henry say? I think we know-imagine him going out of the door on comic relief day and Dawn French is going 'Where you going, you haven't done the washing up. You haven't put the rubbish out.' 'Do it yourself I've gotta save some Africans.'

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 20 Feb 2013 04:57

Rumpole There are so many different arguments that you just have to trust that the board can read the mood of the public and the prevailing economic and business atmosphere and get it right. They seem to read the atmosphere well most of the time to be fair. I mean, it's like me and women. I can read women. You've got to know their wants and their needs. And that can be anything from making sure she's got enough money to buy groceries each week to making sure she's gratified sexually after intercourse.

Far better to satisfy women during intercourse IMHO.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Feb 2013 13:33

Getting bored of "The Office" quotes now, truth be told.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 20 Feb 2013 18:01

Royal Lady Getting bored of "The Office" quotes now, truth be told.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 20 Feb 2013 20:51

Royal Lady Getting bored of "The Office" quotes now, truth be told.

Never seen it did that twat from whitly use thatncomment???

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Feb 2013 18:09

Might as well lock this thread. This isn't going to happen any time soon.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 23 Feb 2013 19:51

JayRoyal

by JayRoyal » 24 Feb 2013 08:56

Does anyone know if there are any blueprints of the Madejski Stadium? I want to build a 3D model of it in full detail, but I can't see any

They'd help me get it as accurate as possible, thanks in advance

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 24 Feb 2013 10:31

JayRoyal Does anyone know if there are any blueprints of the Madejski Stadium? I want to build a 3D model of it in full detail, but I can't see any

Anti-Terrorism Squad police now have your IP address, expect the knock soon

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 24 Feb 2013 12:15

JayRoyal Does anyone know if there are any blueprints of the Madejski Stadium? I want to build a 3D model of it in full detail, but I can't see any

Good luck with that. You'll have to use your imagination.

Just out of interest, what are you trying to do? There are no plans for the expansion yet as they are being redrawn. I liked your previous photoshops though and would be intrigued to see what you make of an East stand with boxes at the back of the existing stand and then a tier on top at the same capacity as below. That would a huge stand, but sadly we're a long way off ever seeing it.

JayRoyal

by JayRoyal » 25 Feb 2013 06:47

SPARTA

Just out of interest, what are you trying to do? There are no plans for the expansion yet as they are being redrawn. I liked your previous photoshops though and would be intrigued to see what you make of an East stand with boxes at the back of the existing stand and then a tier on top at the same capacity as below. That would a huge stand, but sadly we're a long way off ever seeing it.

I can do 3D Modelling too, I just wanted to build an accurate looking version of the stadium, quite hard without knowing angles and details of anything haha.

Pat Butchers Ring

by Pat Butchers Ring » 07 Mar 2013 21:57

JayRoyal
SPARTA

I can do 3D Modelling too, I just wanted to build an accurate looking version of the stadium, quite hard without knowing angles and details of anything haha.

Hi Jay you sound fit.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 10 Mar 2013 16:42

No expansion for a while then.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 10 Mar 2013 19:17

^^^ one upside to all this

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 12 Mar 2013 16:41

Avon Royal No expansion for a while then.

Every time it gets mentioned we get relegated straight away. Never want to hear another word about it.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 12 Mar 2013 17:10

Get the stadium expanded now and stop the paffing about.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 12 Mar 2013 17:22

JayRoyal
SPARTA

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 18 Mar 2013 17:27

No point of expanding unless we become stable in the Premier League, we dont fill the stadium in the Championship so I wouldn't want a half empty stadium instead of a quarter empty one.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 19 Mar 2013 00:14

Would football be the primary target though?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 19 Mar 2013 10:59

RoyallyFcuked No point of expanding unless we become stable in the Premier League, we dont fill the stadium in the Championship so I wouldn't want a half empty stadium instead of a quarter empty one.

not necessarily true imo.if we had extended before this season its certainly the case that we would have been able to sell more tickets for the sell out games, and also make it possible we could have changed the pricing to encourage more people to come.
just having spare capacity will encourage people to come. im sure plenty of people look at the big games, see we are selling out , think ill never get a ticket, and dont bother applying.

and every extra person we get to attend a game is in truth a possible extra future season ticket holder, and family.

im not sure the atmosphere could get anyworse, and if we did get more people in it could imporve.

1747 posts