Next Reading Manager: Press Conference @ 9:15

2614 posts
akranes
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Next Reading Manager

by akranes » 19 Mar 2013 13:28

tulip Is it wrong to want the spanish guy in for purely non football reasons?

nope

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 19 Mar 2013 13:31

Posted on Rumours but i thought i would post it here also

Just found this "How effectively is Luis Enrique implementing the Barcelona methods at Roma?"

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/12/14/ ... barcelona/

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Mar 2013 13:38

ManchesterRoyals
Arch
floyd__streete It'll be Dolan I reckon.

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 23598.aspx

^ club spin telling us "LOOK! We pass the ball these days!" = underwhelming appointment in the offing.

Btw, look at the Leigerwtood stat. Read that, weep and f*ck off Reading fans 8)

I thought Dolan said he wouldn't take the job permanently because he's Brian's pal and it wouldn't be right.

That said Ledge was the one that let Ferdinand stroll pass him for the goal

So you think that might have changed Dolan's mind about taking the job?

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 19 Mar 2013 13:44

Pepe the Horseman So you think that might have changed Dolan's mind about taking the job?

Lol Sorry i was referring to "Btw, look at the Leigerwtood stat. Read that, weep and f*ck off Reading fans 8)" :roll:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Mar 2013 14:50

Ideal Yeah yeah, we should instantly start playing like Spain and Barcelona, that'll bring us instant success with the players available to us!!! :lol: :roll: :roll:

Nuh-uh we should play like Swansea!!! In fact I'm starting to think that most of our fans walk down the street, slapping their foreheads and repeatedly shouting ''Swansea'' like escaped mental patients.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 19 Mar 2013 14:58

Why does everyone want to be like Swansea? .............

Its our club we have our own identity we should want to make known our own style of football (obvs not the MCD way) but I don't see why we should want to copy these teams.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 19 Mar 2013 15:04

Big Foot, you on the wind up mate or did you really see Nigel Adkins buying Prada Candy Perfume in the Oracle? (bit of a specific wind up tbf)

jellytot

by jellytot » 19 Mar 2013 15:06

Agreed not a fan of tippy tappy football either. A Fast passing game would be great. Players who like to keep the ball rather than being on some kind of (lower league) hit the channels philosophy. We need players who are comfortable on the ball. Most of our squad are not. Pretty much every team that has visited mad stad has out passed and thought us.

Hopefully we will change. About 6 players need to be shown the door.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 19 Mar 2013 15:24

I think the game against United proved that certain players are capable of playing passing football.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 19 Mar 2013 15:30

LightwaterRoyal I think the game against United proved that certain players are capable of playing passing football.

When not put under any particular pressure, agreed.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 19 Mar 2013 15:35

The confidence to do so under pressure would come with time, they have the basic ability, give them time and they'll get more comfortable with it.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 19 Mar 2013 15:40

ZacNaloen The confidence to do so under pressure would come with time, they have the basic ability, give them time and they'll get more comfortable with it.

Agreed. It's something that can be taught, not just based on natural ability.

Reading of the game is another thing, but that hasn't faltered most teams - that's where a player like Sigurdsson comes in, someone who can read the game and act as a hub for the rest of the team almost...

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 19 Mar 2013 15:41

Royal With Cheese
LightwaterRoyal I think the game against United proved that certain players are capable of playing passing football.

When not put under any particular pressure, agreed.

Better than not being able to do it even when there's no opposition on the pitch

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 19 Mar 2013 15:42

ZacNaloen The confidence to do so under pressure would come with time, they have the basic ability, give them time and they'll get more comfortable with it.

While I'll concede the players have been almost scared to pass at times this season I don't think our first team squad and tactics were necessarily built around the passing game this season.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 19 Mar 2013 15:42

Royal With Cheese

While I'll concede the players have been almost scared to pass at times this season I don't think our first team squad and tactics were necessarily built around the passing game this season.

Hence relegation

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 19 Mar 2013 15:50

Royal Lady
tulip Is it wrong to want the spanish guy in for purely non football reasons?

I believe he is gay actually. First openly gay manager in the English League, let alone the Prem?

Is he? Oh well, I didn't think I was in with a chance anyway, so no worries!

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 19 Mar 2013 15:53

Royal With Cheese

Don't think that was the players fault tbf

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 19 Mar 2013 15:57

no, of course brian has been telling them all for years to just hoof it aimlessly upfield any time an opposition player comes with 2 ft

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 19 Mar 2013 15:57

ZacNaloen
Royal With Cheese

Don't think that was the players fault tbf

I'm not sure you can blame the management for a mis-placed pass or awful control of a ball. And we've seen a fair amount of that this season.

I'm not disagreeing with you but there are some players at Reading that are less comfortable on the ball than others.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 19 Mar 2013 16:01

I was referring to squad and tactics. Everyone misplaces a pass now and then. Even Xavi and Iniesta. ;)

2614 posts