Next Reading Manager: Press Conference @ 9:15

2614 posts
moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Next Reading Manager

by moo » 25 Mar 2013 23:59

TBM Anyone got any Saints reaction to Adkins being our new manager?!

Bet they're pretty pissed off, which is nice

They are saying he isn't that great, and they seem to hate 'poxy Reading'.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 26 Mar 2013 00:06

moo
TBM Anyone got any Saints reaction to Adkins being our new manager?!

Bet they're pretty pissed off, which is nice

They are saying he isn't that great, and they seem to hate 'poxy Reading'.

1 person is saying that - some lard arse twat. The majority of them love him

He'll do well for us and with a reported £30m to spend, he shouldn't fail to get us back up next season

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 26 Mar 2013 00:09

Bloke at work reckons he'll do well for us. Didn't have any bad feelings though.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 26 Mar 2013 00:11

I play football with three saints fans on Monday nights, they all think it's a good signing and harbor no ill towards us.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 26 Mar 2013 00:14

With all due respect to Brian, I could only ever imagine him spending a whole £30m transfer budget on Shane Long

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 26 Mar 2013 00:16

RoyalBlue
Ideal Fact remains that "tactical genious" Adkins got outdone in the chump last year by McD, and they had a much better squad than us - what the hell is the point of appointing this clueless tactician, and calling it "taking us to the next level"? It's just oxf*rd rubbish, thoroughly underwhelming, and I feel like we've been murked.

A more recent fact is that, prior to his bizarre dismissal by Saints this season, Adkins had his team playing far more attractive football and getting better results than Brian McDermott was doing at Reading.

6th highest net transfer spend in the whole of Europe.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 26 Mar 2013 00:17

Super super Nige, super super Nige, super super Nige, super Nigel Adkins 8)

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Mar 2013 00:23

SHORT AND CURLY
2 world wars, 1 world cup I'm shocked that anyone can be anti-Adkins.

Was stunned to see him bizarrely sacked and am delighted he's coming.

I didn't want Brian to be sacked, but he was - I move on.
I wanted Curbishley and didn't get him - boo hoo hoo.

But we have this lad and his record is VERY respectable. Curbishley aside, did we honestly a manager with a faultless Prem record to come down to the Championship and manage Reading?? I mean FFS what stupidity some of us are showing. This to me is a massive coup for us. There I was thinking this is a shambles of a situation but if this is pulled off I take that back and take my hat off to Anton, Sir John and Nicky H. Absolutely the best we could hope for and punching way above our weight too. Well done all at Reading if we pull this off!!

Funny how we differ. I thought we were right to rotate our manager because we needed to push on.
I really thought we would show our ambitions and what have the board done?

That's right made a right "Pigs Ear" of the situation. Firstly having no one in place, then going for the second choice. Wreaks of desperation to me.

Should have known better. Extremely disappointing.

Cant wait for the board to start spouting propaganda about going forward etc etc. To me its a step in reverse.

BWING BACK BWIAN!

Yea mate it is funny how we differ but I guess it makes for good discussion on HNA.

Not a pig's ear at all, to me. According to stats posted somewhere this is one of our quickest managerial appointments (except Burns perhaps?) and it was done the right, respectful way (I.e. start looking after Brian was sacked). We then managed to talk to BOTH of our sought after high profile managers almost immediately. One did the honourable thing to his current club and didn't come, the other is coming. And it just so happens that it's at the time that NA is free to talk take another post. Great timing, quick, efficient, no nonsense. when it looked like NA was saying no and we has to scrape the barrel yes it looked like a shambles, but the way things have worked out this looks very clinical, quick and tidy.

I fail to see how NA is a step in reverse to be honest. I love Brian and am horribly gutted he's gone but as Ian says we don't live in a parallel universe, we live in this one and Brian isn't here so 1) we'd have not realistically got anyone else, especially as we're going down. 2) much as I love and miss Brian I hate to say it but what is more impressive? Taking several years to take a strong squad (not long ago in he Prem) players into the top flight, where they sit in the relegation spots, or building and taking a team that's only just come out of League 1 straight up and sitting in a safe spot? I like Brian and would rather none of this happened but it's definitely arguable that NA is a better bet, so this can only be a step forward.

I sometimes wonder what people expected? Have Alex Ferguson lined up to take over a sinking ship, then sack poor old Brian having already sneaked behind his back. Preposterous that we'd get anyone better and preposterous that we would do something sneaky (and I believe illegal?) like that.

Well done RFC
Last edited by Millsy on 26 Mar 2013 00:27, edited 1 time in total.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Mar 2013 00:27

You know what, I'm getting sick of Reading dragging this out.

They should call a press conference to update us. Preferably on Tuesday morning, at around 9:15.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Mar 2013 00:30

genome You know what, I'm getting sick of Reading dragging this out.

They should call a press conference to update us. Preferably on Tuesday morning, at around 9:15.

I agree.

We deserves a press conference. Any time, any day, as long as its 9.15 and a Tuesday.

Sort it out RFC :evil:

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 26 Mar 2013 00:30

genome You know what, I'm getting sick of Reading dragging this out.

If someone could start a thread stating this fact as well it would make the whole thing a lot easier to follow.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 26 Mar 2013 00:33

TBM
genome The Royals have called a press conference for 9:15am tomorrow morning.

Source?

The Big Mouth

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 26 Mar 2013 00:34

Adkins for our position, the short term aspects of the Championship, the long term plan of getting some attractive football going and some PL experience under his belt is pretty much the perfect appointment in my book. I don't think ONE Southampton wanted him sacked!!

And if it pisses off any Leeds fans in the process then great.

Loads of clubs were after him so I think we've done well!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Mar 2013 00:40

Actually, my sources are informing me that someone in PR has got their wires crossed. We have been so shit this season that at 9:15 am tomorrow we are being relegated straight to the Conference.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 26 Mar 2013 00:42

genome Actually, my sources are informing me that someone in PR has got their wires crossed. We have been so shit this season that at 9:15 am tomorrow we are being relegated straight to the Conference.

MASSIVE FAIL.

Also, apparently, there will be a press conference tomorrow.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 26 Mar 2013 00:51

WinnershSaint Nigel always struck me as simplistic in his approach and although his record before departure was OK there were times when we played poorly and he seemed unable to exercise any change, particularly in earlier season home games with Norwich, Wigan, Sunderland Swansea and Fulham We passed the ball round an awful lot without getting anywhere and shed points left right and centre

A taste of the future for Reading fans perhaps ^^

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 26 Mar 2013 00:56

genome Actually, my sources are informing me that someone in PR has got their wires crossed. We have been so shit this season that at 9:15 am tomorrow we are being relegated straight to the Conference.

WOW that really was a terrible post!

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Next Reading Manager: Press Conference @ 9:15

by Big Ern » 26 Mar 2013 01:16

Reply 2500

The most powerful of all power posts!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Mar 2013 01:23

Royal91

WOW that really was a terrible post!

Hey, that hurts. I was being serious.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Next Reading Manager: Press Conference @ 9:15

by SLAMMED » 26 Mar 2013 01:29

Adkin's first signing confirmed

2614 posts