Zingarevich

292 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Zingarevich

by sandman » 28 Mar 2013 10:23

melonhead
Royalee Yeah blah blah it's all Anton's fault McDermott cost us about 15 points with inept tactics and team selection and trusted the squad too much and put all his eggs in one basket in January. Booooooooooooooooooo Anton out because he's got a fit missus and we need someone to blame for St Brian's demise just like Sir Steve never cost us our Premier League status.

our village has its idiot back!vyay!
lets have a celebratory fete

Must have been thrown out of Rodgers garden for doing his Andy Bernal impersonation.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 Mar 2013 10:51

Ideal
Hoop Blah do you just mean his arrangement to pay 51% first and then the rest later? That may have been Madesjki's idea

...or more likely it was because he couldn't come up with enough cash in one go.
You seem to come up with excuses for everything. You're so naive it hurts.
"Oh my daughters teacher didn't rape her, he was just giving her a cervical examination for suspected cancer, thankfully all was well."

I'm not saying it wasn't a cash issue though, but you were stating it as fact which, like all the rest of you contributions on here was just total drivel.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Mar 2013 14:00

Royal Lady
Ian Royal
Royal Lady Well, perhaps he could have been advised beforehand to say he wasn't here to talk about past managers but to talk about the exciting new manager who has just joined us. :roll: It's really not difficult.

Had media training have you? Because I have, and I can assure you it can be very difficult.

LOL!!!

It really isn't difficult to know beforehand what you want to say and stick to it. And if he or his cronies didn't think that they might be asked about McD's sacking and weren't prepared for it, then they're idiots. "media training" LOL.

You haven't got a fooking clue love.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 28 Mar 2013 14:47

melonhead
Extended-Phenotype
melonhead divnut

no, im sure brian identified lots of possible players, then according to price/ability/attitude etc narrowd them down to the top 3.
sounds perfectly sensible.

lol at persuing 10 transfers in a month to the point of signature on paper, then telling 9 of them to piss off.

Lol at narrowing them down to three, giving up when not getting those or not bothering to look any further.

Sounds nonsensical to me.

thats cos your brain is wrong. wrong-brain

He failed, no point pretending otherwise, love the dude or not

never said anything different. he failed to keep us up, he failed to bring in an attacking midfielder with the money he had.
just not sure about attaching blame to any one person in this situation
for the reasons given

I couldn't disagree with you more, brendy. You can only get players who want to come to the club or whose club want to sell. McD targetted Ince, Sigurdsson and Aspa; none of which fit either category. So targeting them and no one else was pretty far from sensible.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 28 Mar 2013 15:34

Royalee Yeah blah blah it's all Anton's fault McDermott cost us about 15 points with inept tactics and team selection and trusted the squad too much and put all his eggs in one basket in January. Booooooooooooooooooo Anton out because he's got a fit missus and we need someone to blame for St Brian's demise just like Sir Steve never cost us our Premier League status.

Few years ago at a party I was told face to face in the jazz cafe by someone at board level -Chairman was in attendance but out of hearshot- that Coppell was offered more money and flat turned it down. So it s possible to ‘blame’ Coppell if you so wish

Jumping forward,Somehow I simply cannot believe Brian sat there thinking "Hmm wonder what Steve would do? I know I'll turn down the offer of spunking 10m and stick with this side who I know are championship material at best...."

Unless it was pretty much agreed that there was little point in spending Premiership level money on players who were likely to play in the Championship.

In which case if asked "Considering we are almost certainly doomed to Championship playing, is it wise to spend big money on new players?"
Brian replied "Might as well stick with what we have got" then the 'blame' as it were could easily be sat on his shoulders with a clear conscious (even if it was a loaded question)

I think Chairman was right to sell out but I sense he sold out because he had to rather than he had found the right person. Time will tell........

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Mar 2013 15:50

Celta need to sell whether they want to or not because they are in big financial trouble. Where the Aspas deal really fell down was because our money men didn't want to pay in full but in installments. Once you meet a release clause Spanish clubs have no choice but to accept, hence why Figo joined Madrid years ago, but they don't have to if it's not met outright. Didn't the Gylfi deal hinge on Spurs buying another player but that deal fell through at the last minute? As for Ince it's not as if we were the only ones.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 28 Mar 2013 16:01

Scutterbucketz
melonhead
Extended-Phenotype Lol at narrowing them down to three, giving up when not getting those or not bothering to look any further.

Sounds nonsensical to me.

thats cos your brain is wrong. wrong-brain

He failed, no point pretending otherwise, love the dude or not

never said anything different. he failed to keep us up, he failed to bring in an attacking midfielder with the money he had.
just not sure about attaching blame to any one person in this situation
for the reasons given

I couldn't disagree with you more, brendy. You can only get players who want to come to the club or whose club want to sell. McD targetted Ince, Sigurdsson and Aspa; none of which fit either category. So targeting them and no one else was pretty far from sensible.

clearly that was the case by the end of the process.but at the start/middle it seemed possible, ie the club accepted our bid for ince etc.
ince and his dad were interested, but eventually decided. sig wasnt playing at the time, and brian must have known if he was up for coming back or he wouldnt have made the offer.
if you limited yourself only to players who would defo want to come here, and clubs who defo want to sell you end up more with the kind of transfer policy weve had up to those massive bids in jan.

Royal Farmer

by Royal Farmer » 28 Mar 2013 16:02

I don't know if this has been posted yet, apologies if so, but Brian will be the guest for 'Goals on Sunday' on Sky Sports, 31st March, 11:00. Should be interesting viewing, and we could hear his side of the story.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/tv-show ... -on-sunday

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 28 Mar 2013 16:03

sandman Celta need to sell whether they want to or not because they are in big financial trouble. Where the Aspas deal really fell down was because our money men didn't want to pay in full but in installments. Once you meet a release clause Spanish clubs have no choice but to accept, hence why Figo joined Madrid years ago, but they don't have to if it's not met outright. Didn't the Gylfi deal hinge on Spurs buying another player but that deal fell through at the last minute? As for Ince it's not as if we were the only ones.

agreed- spurs deal would have happend if theyd bought.......cant remember his name, been after him for a couple of windows now.
and 8 million up front for a spanish second division player does seem excessive, so i can understand asking for installments

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 28 Mar 2013 16:18

melonhead
Scutterbucketz

clearly that was the case by the end of the process.but at the start/middle it seemed possible, ie the club accepted our bid for ince etc.
ince and his dad were interested, but eventually decided. sig wasnt playing at the time, and brian must have known if he was up for coming back or he wouldnt have made the offer.
if you limited yourself only to players who would defo want to come here, and clubs who defo want to sell you end up more with the kind of transfer policy weve had up to those massive bids in jan.

I guess we'll never know how interested Ince was or whether Siggy wanted to come, but our targets should have been more realistic. And I'm certain there's some middle ground between our previous transfer policy and massive bids for plays who stood very little chance of joining.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 28 Mar 2013 16:19

melonhead if you limited yourself only to players who would defo want to come here, and clubs who defo want to sell you end up more with the kind of transfer policy weve had up to those massive bids in jan.

A page back you said limiting your options seemed sensible.

I personally have no beef with targeting Ince, Aspas and Sig. Just expected a smart manager to have more targets in place and for the transfer window to have (a) been managed better and ultimately (b) been more successful.

Failing to sign anybody of immediate impact in both the January window and pre-season cost us survival.

And I guess McD his job.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 28 Mar 2013 16:20

but inces club accepted our bid, spurs and player accepted, but fell through on their failure to get a replacement in time, and aspas nearly went through but failed cos we wouldntstup up 8 million in one go for an unproven spanish 2nd div player.

that all seems quite reasonable, realistic and sensible to me

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 28 Mar 2013 16:22

Extended-Phenotype
melonhead if you limited yourself only to players who would defo want to come here, and clubs who defo want to sell you end up more with the kind of transfer policy weve had up to those massive bids in jan.

I personally have no beef with targeting Ince, Aspas and Sig. Just expected a smart manager to have more targets in place and for the transfer window to have (a) been managed better and ultimately (b) been more successful.

Failing to sign anybody of immediate impact in both the January window and pre-season cost us survival.

And I guess McD his job.

in numbers you numbskull
limiting to the above criteria means you only ever get blackmans and akpans.

i simply totally disagree that if you dont get the quality you require in for the money you have available, you just keep dropping down in quality and money until you are no longer buying what you wanted/needed

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 28 Mar 2013 16:40

melonhead
Extended-Phenotype

And I guess McD his job.

in numbers you numbskull

It amounts to the same thing. Reduction by criteria results in a reduction in number. Reducing the number of targets to three, knowing the climate, was foolish. Not realising how delicate these deals are, believing them done before the dotted line is signed, was naive.

i simply totally disagree that if you dont get the quality you require in for the money you have available, you just keep dropping down in quality and money until you are no longer buying what you wanted/needed

Footballers don't exist in linear order. Considering the thousands of footballers that exist, there are more than three players occupying each particular bracket of quality.

Certainly enough players, better than signing no-one, that would have improved on what we already had - unless in your three-player- per-quality-bracket database the next people down from Sig, Aspas and Ince are Karacan, Tabb and Lwood.

DUH WE ALREDY GOT DOSE

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Mar 2013 17:42

Extended-Phenotype
melonhead
Extended-Phenotype A page back you said limiting your options seemed sensible.

And I guess McD his job.

in numbers you numbskull

It amounts to the same thing. Reduction by criteria results in a reduction in number. Reducing the number of targets to three, knowing the climate, was foolish. Not realising how delicate these deals are, believing them done before the dotted line is signed, was naive.

Footballers don't exist in linear order. Considering the thousands of footballers that exist, there are more than three players occupying each particular bracket of quality.

Certainly enough players, better than signing no-one, that would have improved on what we already had - unless in your three-player- per-quality-bracket database the next people down from Sig, Aspas and Ince are Karacan, Tabb and Lwood.

DUH WE ALREDY GOT DOSE

Don't disagree and said it before - I really don't know why McDermott and Hammond weren't also targeting some of the players at clubs relegated from the PL over the past 2 years. Some decent players there, with PL experience. What's more they might have been more than happy taking a gamble by joining RFC. If they helped us stay up, they were a PL player again and, if we got relegated, they were no worse off than previously and would have picked up a signing on fee in the process.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 28 Mar 2013 19:13

RoyalBlue Don't disagree and said it before - I really don't know why McDermott and Hammond weren't also targeting some of the players at clubs relegated from the PL over the past 2 years. Some decent players there, with PL experience. What's more they might have been more than happy taking a gamble by joining RFC. If they helped us stay up, they were a PL player again and, if we got relegated, they were no worse off than previously and would have picked up a signing on fee in the process.

Agree with this

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 30 Mar 2013 10:37

Aye. There are loads of creative mids around, all an improvement on what we have (mainly because we don't really have any!).

Seemed like we f/cked about with Crockico and Akpan at the start of the window and left the important ones to the last minute. Like Anton said, McD should have been more active in the window. Could have made the difference.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 30 Mar 2013 10:47

Hindsight's a wonderful thing. Most people on here thought Guthrie would be the answer to our lack of creativity in midfield (myself included).

Accept we didn't sign anyone in Jan (apart from Kelly) who could make an immediate improvement to the quality of our side, which was a mistake.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 30 Mar 2013 11:00

Maguire Hindsight's a wonderful thing. Most people on here thought Guthrie would be the answer to our lack of creativity in midfield (myself included).

Accept we didn't sign anyone in Jan (apart from Kelly) who could make an immediate improvement to the quality of our side, which was a mistake.

He might've been if he hadn't been asked to play in a rather alien number 10 position or told to adapt to our way of playing, ie not how he's played his whole career.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 30 Mar 2013 11:07

Hoop Blah
Maguire Hindsight's a wonderful thing. Most people on here thought Guthrie would be the answer to our lack of creativity in midfield (myself included).

He might've been if he hadn't been asked to play in a rather alien number 10 position or told to adapt to our way of playing, ie not how he's played his whole career.

He's a professional footballer - he can still get fit, control a ball, move with the ball, pass a ball etc. It's something of an abandonment of responsibility to say "I didn't play well because of the manager". It's not like he was asked to play full-back.

292 posts