Jason Roberts...Do you sometimes find him annoying?!

1019 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Jason Roberts

by RoyalBlue » 30 Mar 2013 11:45

Hoop Blah Roberts is a right bore on the racism front and constantly looking for issues that don't exist, much like this FARE mob who've kicked off about the Ferdinand's abuse this week.

That did seem ridiculous. I tried to find the words of the chants but then saw that FARE had admitted that they weren't racist per se but because they also included mention of Anton (not AZ!) there 'might be implied racism'.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 30 Mar 2013 14:07

Maguire No you're right.

I just don't think his life is a constant struggle against an oppresive, white-dominated society. Which is a good thing.

Sure. Just not sure people are really in a position to be telling anyone what he has and has not experienced as a black person.

Don't really like the dude myself, but not really going to second guess his life because he's been allowed on radio or earns a decent living.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 30 Mar 2013 14:27

Extended-Phenotype
Maguire No you're right.

I just don't think his life is a constant struggle against an oppresive, white-dominated society. Which is a good thing.

Sure. Just not sure people are really in a position to be telling anyone what he has and has not experienced as a black person.

Don't really like the dude myself, but not really going to second guess his life because he's been allowed on radio or earns a decent living.

You're right, but nobody would reply to my posts if I just said "I don't really like Jason Roberts". Got to chuck a bit of powder in the mix.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 30 Mar 2013 21:33

JimmytheJim
Great point. Black players owe it to us civilised white people to take racism on the chin. If anything they're the racist ones for not showing endless gratitude that the whites have given them a chance to participate in an organised sport and earn a salary.

Well that went right over all their heads then!

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 30 Mar 2013 22:37

Extended-Phenotype
Don't really like the dude myself,

Racist.

Twice.

You don't like him and you called him a dude.

blindedbythelights

by blindedbythelights » 30 Mar 2013 23:34

dizzynewheights I hate Jason Roberts

My opinion remains unchanged from the previous page

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 03 Apr 2013 13:43

Maguire
Extended-Phenotype
Maguire No you're right.

You're right, but nobody would reply to my posts if I just said "I don't really like Jason Roberts". Got to chuck a bit of powder in the mix.

Lol. Can't say I'm a stranger to that.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 03 Apr 2013 14:13

JimmytheJim Great point. Black players owe it to us civilised white people to take racism on the chin. If anything they're the racist ones for not showing endless gratitude that the whites have given them a chance to participate in an organised sport and earn a salary.

Transfers are effectively slavery anyway.... condemming people to some of the biggest shithole places in the country, often feeling like they have no say in the matter of where they end up, buying and selling men at a premium fee, all because the oppressive white man says go.

On a personal level I don't like Roberts. But race doesn't come into it. No racisto.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 03 Apr 2013 14:48

maffff
JimmytheJim Great point. Black players owe it to us civilised white people to take racism on the chin. If anything they're the racist ones for not showing endless gratitude that the whites have given them a chance to participate in an organised sport and earn a salary.

Transfers are effectively slavery anyway.... condemming people to some of the biggest shithole places in the country, often feeling like they have no say in the matter of where they end up, buying and selling men at a premium fee, all because the oppressive white man says go.

On a personal level I don't like Roberts. But race doesn't come into it. No racisto.

Didn't realise you knew him personally.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 03 Apr 2013 15:35

TBH there's a lot that you don't know...

But I digress.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Apr 2013 18:10

maffff

So what does that make this guy?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Apr 2013 18:32

Funny? sarcastic? Right old misery? Life and soul? Right-handed, left-handed? A gambler, a fighter, a coward, a traitor, a liar, a nervous wreck?

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 04 Apr 2013 07:35

Jeans with a suit jacket for goodness sake, disgraceful.

Has Jason Roberts announced his retirement yet or is he going to carry on taking the salary, with not even a remote chance of kicking a ball in anger, until the end of his contract first? Think I just answered my own question!

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 04 Apr 2013 08:42

Mr Optimist Jeans with a suit jacket for goodness sake, disgraceful.

Has Jason Roberts announced his retirement yet or is he going to carry on taking the salary, with not even a remote chance of kicking a ball in anger, until the end of his contract first? Think I just answered my own question!

You're having a go at the man for continuing to get paid whilst under contract :?:

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 04 Apr 2013 08:43

Extended-Phenotype
Maguire You're right, but nobody would reply to my posts if I just said "I don't really like Jason Roberts". Got to chuck a bit of powder in the mix.

Ahh, look at you two.

The Beardy Man

by The Beardy Man » 04 Apr 2013 08:51

southbank1871
Mr Optimist Jeans with a suit jacket for goodness sake, disgraceful.

You're having a go at the man for continuing to get paid whilst under contract :?:

I'm glad I am not the only one who thought that was a pretty poor reason to be having a pop at someone. If a club signs a footballer and they get injured its just bad luck. As for Mr Roberts, if the doctors tell him a full recovery is likely, why should he contemplate retirement? He showed last season he can still do a very good job at Championship level (arguably he was one of our stronger players pre injury this season too).

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 04 Apr 2013 11:40

Fair enough if he comes back from injury and carries on playing for us or anyone else lower down the leagues. I just suspect he will retire from the game at the end of the season when that decision could've been made made in January.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Apr 2013 11:50

agreed- called it at the time his hip injury came out that hed never play for us again.

but lol at him actually asking for them not to bother paying him till the end of the season

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 04 Apr 2013 12:33

melonhead agreed- called it at the time his hip injury came out that hed never play for us again.

but lol at him actually asking for them not to bother paying him till the end of the season

From the clubs point of view they could probably claim on their insurance for the remainder of his contract if his injury effectively ends his career though, so there would be some benefit to it, but from Roberts perspective he's not going to admit his career is over so easily.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 04 Apr 2013 14:29

southbank1871
Extended-Phenotype
Maguire You're right, but nobody would reply to my posts if I just said "I don't really like Jason Roberts". Got to chuck a bit of powder in the mix.

Ahh, look at you two.

Are you... touching yourself?

1019 posts