Hob Nob Regular

Re: McCarthy or Federici?

by RoyallyFcuked » 07 Apr 2013 00:13

McCarthy > Federici

RoyalTank

by RoyalTank » 07 Apr 2013 00:15

A better question would be:

Who would you sell in the summer and who would you keep? It is inevitable that one will leave as neither would be willing to sit on the bench all season.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Apr 2013 00:17

Federici > Andersen > Taylor > Henly > The under 11's keeper > The little kids who go in goal at the half time shootout > McCarthy

What, you thought I was just gonna let that lie there?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 07 Apr 2013 02:03

Feds has always been the fat kid in goal when there was no one else to do the job. Seen both goals from yesterday and he should have done much better with both. Quite frankly, it's a no brainer.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 07 Apr 2013 07:23

Irrespective of whom he opts for next season, I hope NA brings in a new goalkeeping coach. Yesterday's first goal would have been conceded by McCarthy, Feds or Hahnemann. All decent keepers, all culpable of those sorts of mistakes.

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 07 Apr 2013 08:15

Whore Jackie Irrespective of whom he opts for next season, I hope NA brings in a new goalkeeping coach. Yesterday's first goal would have been conceded by McCarthy, Feds or Hahnemann. All decent keepers, all culpable of those sorts of mistakes.

All keepers age capable of those sort of mistakes.

Let's blame the goalkeeping coach for them.

Let's also blame them for the string of excellent keepers we keep having come through too

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Gr8 Keeper Deb8

by Mr Optimist » 07 Apr 2013 09:04

I thought for the first goal Feds bottled it a little bit and seemed to hold back as Rodriguez went to try and get the ball with studs up. A cowardly striker approach to getting the ball, and Feds having had injury problems recently, whether subconsciously or not, held back for a split second thinking he is likely to get clattered, meaning the striker got to it first.

Could also just be Feds a bit rusty after his lay off, either way I can see why Adkins was not happy with Rodriguez challenge as he did appear to go for the ball with studs raised, probably to protect himself more than anything else.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Apr 2013 09:30

Mr Optimist I thought for the first goal Feds bottled it a little bit and seemed to hold back as Rodriguez went to try and get the ball with studs up. A cowardly striker approach to getting the ball, and Feds having had injury problems recently, whether subconsciously or not, held back for a split second thinking he is likely to get clattered, meaning the striker got to it first.

Could also just be Feds a bit rusty after his lay off, either way I can see why Adkins was not happy with Rodriguez challenge as he did appear to go for the ball with studs raised, probably to protect himself more than anything else.

I'm reluctant to say it on here because it's Feds and I Know I'll get slated on here for it but... I have to say I saw it last night in slow motion and I thought the same then and still do that it should've been disallowed. Obviously the ref doesn't get it in slow motion but it did look a bit dangerous the way he went in with his studs raised and if he did that to an outfield player a foul could've easily been given. Perhaps we need a Turkish referee rather than an Turkish Midfielder for the next game.

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 07 Apr 2013 09:38

there was nothing wrong with that goal. the strikers feet were behind the ball at all times prior to contact withthe keeper. the man between the sticks bottled it.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 07 Apr 2013 12:19

sandman Federici > Andersen > Taylor > Henly > The under 11's keeper > The little kids who go in goal at the half time shootout > McCarthy

Again in the minority, sandman.

Your lack of goalkeeping knowledge is evident.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Apr 2013 14:48

LoyalRoyalFan
sandman Federici > Andersen > Taylor > Henly > The under 11's keeper > The little kids who go in goal at the half time shootout > McCarthy

Again in the minority, sandman.

Your lack of goalkeeping knowledge is evident.

Hooked one sandy... as Kes has proved, even with the weakest of weak shit, you'll always get at least one of our educationally sub-normal posters in your net.

NTRoyal

by NTRoyal » 07 Apr 2013 15:26

There is absolutely nothing wrong with their first goal. Feds hesit8d plain and simple.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 Apr 2013 16:15

Surprised no one's picked up on how slow he was to come out for their second goal, before half heartedly diving to try and save it

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 07 Apr 2013 20:13

Surely after two years people have learned that sandman is fishing whenever he talks about Feds or McCarthy?

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 07 Apr 2013 20:20

SCIAG Surely people have learned that sandman is fishing whenever he talks about absolutely anything?

FTFY

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 07 Apr 2013 20:28

Nobody can argue with any credibility against the fact that Feds was one of the main causes of our relegation. Cost us a lot of points at the start of the season, and rounded things off nicely yesterday by totally bottling it and finally putting the nail in the coffin he helped carve.

Cheers Feds. Shame you don't hesitate when reaching for the f/cking doughnuts.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 07 Apr 2013 20:59

Extended-Phenotype Nobody can argue with any credibility against the fact that Feds was one of the main causes of our relegation. Cost us a lot of points at the start of the season, and rounded things off nicely yesterday by totally bottling it and finally putting the nail in the coffin he helped carve.

Cheers Feds. Shame you don't hesitate when reaching for the f/cking doughnuts.

always been a good shot stopper and always a poor judge of when to come for a cross
I dont think he did well on either goal and definitely bottled the first one

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 08 Apr 2013 10:11

McCarthy to start against Liverpool..... andallofnextseason.. please?

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 08 Apr 2013 10:25

I'm not wading into the relative merits of the two again, just expounding a theory I've had about the psychology of this.

It seems to me that Federici plays best when he's unchallenged as the number one 'keeper and knows he is - when he's insecure about his place his performances don't seem to be as good .

Let's look at the evidence .....

2 seasons ago : - Federici was pretty much unchallenged and was very good until he got injured, when we had that great run to the play-offs with McCarthy playing. Once Feds came back for the last few games and the final he was OK, but did look a bit shaky at times.

Last season - Federici was outstanding all season - McCarthy was away on loan at Leeds/Ipswich.

This season - At the start, McCarthy was back and in contention for the first few games. Federici was very shaky, then we had the "injury thing." Then once McCarthy was injured and Federici was back he was playing very well, almost as well as he did last season. I know it's just one game to judge on now, but now they're both back in contention Federici looked less than impressive for both goals on Saturday.

Perhaps he's trying too hard and not relaxed enough, perhaps it's something else psychologically - but what do people think?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 13 Apr 2013 16:56

LOLz

1445 posts