Lack of Leadership

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Lack of Leadership

by melonhead » 08 Apr 2013 12:16

id have mapps if theer is a change for changes sake.
but jobi has been a great captain imo

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 08 Apr 2013 12:17

Royal Lady Previous captains have always been very vocal on the pitch - should have made Pearce captain imo. I think maybe Morrison or someone would be good as captain - need someone at the back who can see what's going on up front and shout orders/encouragement/bollockings as a result.

yeah make th ebloke who is agitating for a move to liverpool captain.

may as well give it to oxf*rd guthrie

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 08 Apr 2013 12:18

anyone thinking a bit of arm waving or shouting would make a blind bit of difference is delusional

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 Apr 2013 12:19

melonhead
Royal Lady Previous captains have always been very vocal on the pitch - should have made Pearce captain imo. I think maybe Morrison or someone would be good as captain - need someone at the back who can see what's going on up front and shout orders/encouragement/bollockings as a result.

As in "SHOULD HAVE MADE PEARCE CAPTAIN IMO" meaning INSTEAD of appointing McAnuff. But I don't expect you to read my posts before launching into an attack. :roll:

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 08 Apr 2013 12:20

melonhead anyone thinking a bit of arm waving or shouting would make a blind bit of difference is delusional

Good players don't need to shout and wave there arms about until they fall off

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 08 Apr 2013 12:51

Royal Lady
melonhead

As in "SHOULD HAVE MADE PEARCE CAPTAIN IMO" meaning INSTEAD of appointing McAnuff. But I don't expect you to read my posts before launching into an attack. :roll:

it was tried. and ended up ruining the poor boy.
if he stays, he'll be skipper when hes old enough and experienced anough.
if not, then oxf*rd him.

if you stop saying wrong things, ill stop "attacking" you.

and by the way youre the only one getting personal about things. im merely discussing things on a discussion board.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 08 Apr 2013 13:00

I am not sure whether Jobi is the best or not. He does seem to go missing in matches but then from what people have said he has stepped up in matches and off the pitch. I always did like a big talker for captain, someone who shouts and leads, however, I have kind of noticed that lots of the captains that have been mentioned on here so far (Adie, Hicks, Parky) were captain when we were in lower leagues, and a few years ago (Murts being the most recent? altho we were in the PL then). When I look at people like who are their club captains now (Kompany, Vermaelen, Vidic) is shouting such a big thing in the PL or is it more organisational ability and experience? If I was manager I would probably look to my experienced players to support the more inexperienced players, but I am just not sure that could work here given that some of our most experienced players weren't making the team, and when they did it was questionable how influential they could be.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 08 Apr 2013 13:06

I don't think the captain on the pitch is that important as I am in the "all of them should be leaders" camp as suggested by an earlier poster.
What i found disappointing on Saturday was seeing 3 players with their hands on their hips (including our captain) after Saints scored their second and no talking to each other as strolled up to kick-off again.
This is a team that has been rudderless both on and off the pitch this season-fine last season when all was going well-and probably the softest Reading side that I have ever seen.