The Gr8 Keeper Deb8

1445 posts
ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Gr8 Keeper Deb8

by ManchesterRoyals » 13 Apr 2013 19:35

Would have been interesting to see where we would have been in the table if he hadn't got injured. Remember his world class save at QPR

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Why does everybody hate Federici?

by sandman » 13 Apr 2013 19:40

Mr Optimist I don't think he helped himself with his "come and get me" plea interview on Sky a couple of years ago.

After we'd just sold our captain, were about to sell our best player and had sold the best outfield player to come out of the academy the previous season. I'm sure there was nobody on here who were criticising the club for a lack of ambition after all that. Forgetting the fact you're a fan if the club, if you were a footballer and the club you were at showed such a lack of ambition you'd want out.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 13 Apr 2013 19:41

I don't hate him but he hasn't helped himself this season, howlers, tweets etc. I watched MOTD again today and to be honest he should have got to the ball first for Southamptons first, but worst of all was him going down holding his head as though he had been smacked :roll:. But lets face it McCarthys a better keeper than feds.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 13 Apr 2013 19:43

Just because you think an alternative is a better option doesn't mean you automatically hate something.

Jay o/

by Jay o/ » 13 Apr 2013 19:51

His attitude in the past mainly, for me. For ability he is a very good shot-stopper, but has many flaws also. He's not as good as he thinks he is. Out of the two, McCarthy for me every time, and they wont both be here next season, so one has to go.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 13 Apr 2013 19:55

He's just never really seemed that likeable in the first place. A bit of a droid, really.

Goalkeepers you usually get a little bit closer to as they tend to have a bit or a rapport with the support behind the goal. I've never felt that with Adam.

Good keeper, sometimes better. Rubbish at penalty saving though...

SELL.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 13 Apr 2013 19:59

My biggest gripe with him is how big time he appears to have become. Considering the humble start to his career, sleeping on Sonko's sofa, years on unpaid trials etc, he should really know better than be a completely big time Charlie oxf*rd.

Jay o/

by Jay o/ » 13 Apr 2013 20:01

He isn't a patch on this chap!

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 13 Apr 2013 20:20

Alexander Litvinenko Just because you think an alternative is a better option doesn't mean you automatically hate something.

*this, and to add that he's had his share of fumbles this season, particularly at the start of the season with Stoke and Chelsea where he cost us points.

Wipped
Location: If happy ever after did exist, I'd still be holding you like this

by Wipped » 13 Apr 2013 20:24

Terrible billy big bollocks attitude. Just an unlikeable persona. If he does a good job on the day then great, otherwise couldn't care less for him.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Apr 2013 20:28

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 13 Apr 2013 20:31

I dont hate him but that 'come and get me interview' a couple of years back did him no favours, plus his form at the start of the season was one of a bottler.

Plus when he makes a mistake he blames others and that goal last week against the saints summed him up.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 13 Apr 2013 20:45

He has one major weakness which marks a great goalie apart from just a good one-and that is his decision making-this was typified by Soton's first goal last week.

Strangely when he first came into the side he was the best goalie I had ever seen at kicking out of hand. He could land it on a sixpence, ( a lot of teams set out to illegally stop him-most of the time the refs were so poor that they did not realise what was going on ). Now over the last few seasons he seems to have lost the ability. Strangely the same thing happened to Marcus.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Apr 2013 20:49

2.8 lita injection I dont hate him but that 'come and get me interview' a couple of years back did him no favours, plus his form at the start of the season was one of a bottler.

Plus when he makes a mistake he blames others and that goal last week against the saints summed him up.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/s/2056242_adam_federici_apologises_to_reading_fc_fans

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport/readingfc/articles/2010/08/23/48039-federici-not-to-blame--big-mac/print?mode=print

Just two examples from a quick search.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Apr 2013 20:55

I was there when Federici scored!

both times

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 13 Apr 2013 21:27

Aren't all players journey men. Also bit part cup matches and sitting on the sidelines must be frustrating. Poorly executed come and get me vibes but understandable. Hate is such a strong word.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 13 Apr 2013 22:30

Perhaps hate was the wrong word. But there is a very, very negative feeling towards him on this board at the minute. Where is all the evidence of this 'Big-time' attitude then? Plenty of links have posted in his defence yet none which provide any evidence of a bad attitude. I wonder why.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Apr 2013 22:45

urz13 Perhaps hate was the wrong word. But there is a very, very negative feeling towards him on this board at the minute. Where is all the evidence of this 'Big-time' attitude then? Plenty of links have posted in his defence yet none which provide any evidence of a bad attitude. I wonder why.

Because certain people are desperate to defend him and prove people who don't like him wrong. The ones who don't like him much don't feel any need to go back over old ground to provide links. There were several examples given on here at the time they happened.

The vast majority who aren't keen on him still rate him as a decent keeper, who's been at times good for us and at times great for us. They just prefer McCarthy, who could be something special.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Apr 2013 23:20

Or certain people don't like to see someone have their character besmirched through idle gossip merely because some fans want a different player and a small TV interview. It was "on here" does not constitute as evidence of anything, it is gossip. Surely it can't be that difficult for you to find, on record, someone at the club decrying the great tyrant Federici, with his "inability to accept fault" and "bad attitude"?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Apr 2013 23:23

sandman Or certain people don't like to see someone have their character besmirched through idle gossip merely because some fans want a different player and a small TV interview. It was "on here" does not constitute as evidence of anything, it is gossip. Surely it can't be that difficult for you to find, on record, someone at the club decrying the great tyrant Federici, with his "inability to accept fault" and "bad attitude"?

I'd expect it to be very difficult, because that sort of thing should be internal only.

1445 posts