The Gr8 Keeper Deb8

1445 posts
urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

Re: The Gr8 Keeper Deb8

by urz13 » 14 Apr 2013 01:32

A quick google reveals nothing but praise for Federici - bar the story about his Girlfriend's tweets. As usual, however, the hobnob masses will be blinded by what has become to be seen as the truth - his supposedly dreadful attitude and 'tantrums' - most likely just a figment of an 'ITK' poster's imagination.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 14 Apr 2013 01:35

Nothing left to debate lock thread.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 14 Apr 2013 01:44

Reading have two great keepers. Lock thread.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 14 Apr 2013 03:44

Have no idea who the second is other than it not being Federici.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 14 Apr 2013 11:44

I remember at the back end of last season West Ham fans complaining that Reading were only in such a position because of our keeper. He's a great keeper, but not as good as McCarthy.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Apr 2013 12:15

urz13 A quick google reveals nothing but praise for Federici - bar the story about his Girlfriend's tweets. As usual, however, the hobnob masses will be blinded by what has become to be seen as the truth - his supposedly dreadful attitude and 'tantrums' - most likely just a figment of an 'ITK' poster's imagination.

Which according to Ady Williams he was mortified about. I think a lot of the big head rubbish has to do with the perception the English have towards Australians.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 14 Apr 2013 12:28

Excellent goalkeeping by our best keeper yesterday.

Federici has cost us so many points this season, it's refreshing to see a young and talented keeper who doesn't make constant mistakes and doesn't have a big bollocks attitude. Sell Flapperici.

/end of thread.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 14 Apr 2013 12:35

sandman
urz13 A quick google reveals nothing but praise for Federici - bar the story about his Girlfriend's tweets. As usual, however, the hobnob masses will be blinded by what has become to be seen as the truth - his supposedly dreadful attitude and 'tantrums' - most likely just a figment of an 'ITK' poster's imagination.

Which according to Ady Williams he was mortified about. I think a lot of the big head rubbish has to do with the perception the English have towards Australians.

^This

My best friend is an Aussie and I just find the Aussie's ooze positivity and confidence. It can come across as cocky or big-headed, but it really isn't. I don't think Feds is big headed, I'm just sure he's confident/positive in his own ability.

A good example for this cockiness vs self confidence:- Federici v Lita. Who is the cocky, big headed arrogant prick and who is the confident Aussie goal keeper? :D

The keeper debate is getting a bit stale, we should count ourselves lucky we have two good keepers, one of them is the dogs bollocks, McCarthy. I hope they both stay for next season.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 14 Apr 2013 12:42

Feds on his day can have a blinder, but he's prone to more errors.

I believe he's on high wages.

McCarthy is very young and already an extremely good keeper. Barring serious injury
he genuinely looks like he will develop into a keeper good enough to play for a premiership top-six side
and will win senior England caps.

I suspect he's on significantly lower wages.

The logic should therefore be to sell Adam in the summer, get at least a million, maybe a couple, lower the wage bill
and get Alex on a longer, better contract

If he is as good as we think we WON'T keep him, but we might keep him long enough to win The Championship
and get a mid-table premiership finish the season after. By then he might be worth 20 Million

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 14 Apr 2013 13:02

Snowball Feds on his day can have a blinder, but he's prone to more errors.

I believe he's on high wages.

McCarthy is very young and already an extremely good keeper. Barring serious injury
he genuinely looks like he will develop into a keeper good enough to play for a premiership top-six side
and will win senior England caps.

I suspect he's on significantly lower wages.

The logic should therefore be to sell Adam in the summer, get at least a million, maybe a couple, lower the wage bill
and get Alex on a longer, better contract

If he is as good as we think we WON'T keep him, but we might keep him long enough to win The Championship
and get a mid-table premiership finish the season after. By then he might be worth 20 Million

Goalies aren't worth 20 million - Neuer, De Gea and Lloris were all less than that and as much as we all love McCarthy, I doubt he'll ever be that good.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 14 Apr 2013 13:15

If Alex had played the whole season and kept us up, he'd've been worth 50 Million

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 14 Apr 2013 13:18

Maybe to us, but not to anyone else. He's only worth what we can get for him.

That's particularly the case for Federici- it's easy to say "sell him for £1.5m", but who is going to pay that? Maybe QPR if Cesar leaves?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Apr 2013 13:19

SCIAG Maybe to us, but not to anyone else. He's only worth what we can get for him.

That's particularly the case for Federici- it's easy to say "sell him for £1.5m", but who is going to pay that? Maybe QPR if Cesar leaves?

How are Cardiff and co off for 'keepers?

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 14 Apr 2013 13:21

SCIAG Maybe to us, but not to anyone else. He's only worth what we can get for him.

Someone in Italy supposedly. Or maybe Galatasaray need a new goalie. I think Feds would do a decent job as the Arsenal number two.

Fun fact about McCarthy - in 3 of the 8 games he has played this season, he's been man of the match. Guessing those games are Swansea, QPR and Liverpool.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 14 Apr 2013 13:23

Bet Federici wasn't injured yesterday, bet he was dropped.

Rightly so.

Good work Adkins.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 14 Apr 2013 19:36

LoyalRoyalFan Bet Federici wasn't injured yesterday, bet he was dropped.

Rightly so.

Good work Adkins.

It's far easier to go down the injury route from a PR stance.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Apr 2013 11:28

Disgusting the way McCarthy put himself in the Premier League shop window in his post-match interview wasn't it?

He might just as well have said "come and get me".

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 15 Apr 2013 12:13

Royal Rother Disgusting the way McCarthy put himself in the Premier League shop window in his post-match interview wasn't it?

Didn't see it - what did he say? (I may be due a whoosh here, of course)

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 15 Apr 2013 12:27

Personally, I think people hate the people who back Feds (and vice versa) rather than hate either keeper. Typical TB mentality.

Both great keepers, both have had some outstanding performances this season, but a number of errors and dodgy appearances by Feds has let him down while McCarthy has just got better and better; for these reasons it would seem likely Alex takes the number 1 shirt.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Apr 2013 12:32

Who Moved The Goalposts?
Royal Rother Disgusting the way McCarthy put himself in the Premier League shop window in his post-match interview wasn't it?

Didn't see it - what did he say? (I may be due a whoosh here, of course)

Oh, he said something like "everyone wants to play in the Premier League". Including that phrase in his answer was completely out of context with the question he was asked.

It must be disgusting, right? - loads of people said it was when Federici did something similar (if somewhat more blatant) a couple of years ago. :wink:

1445 posts