We are down. So next season who stays and who goes?

418 posts
Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

Re: We are down. So next season who stays and who goes?

by Westwood52 » 14 Apr 2013 11:19

Keep: McCarthy Taylor Gunter Kelly Cummings Mariappa Morrison Guthrie Karacan Akpan Carrico Kebe Kanu McAnuff Alf Blackman McCleary

Out: Feds Harte Shorey Peirce Ledg Pog Tabb Church Roberts Hunt

Probably forgot someone !

A Left Back , Centre Back, Striker (big un ) and pay top money for a really good Centre Mid-if we can only afford one big signing go for the midfielder.

However if McCarthy goes we can afford with the money three or four really good signings.

Bertrand/Adams (I know dirty so and so)Darren Fletcher (if he recovers) Doyle would be good-I know dream on.

Big wages I know.

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 14 Apr 2013 11:32

Westwood52
Bertrand/Adams (I know dirty so and so)Darren Fletcher (if he recovers) Doyle would be good

Seriously?? :roll:

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 14 Apr 2013 11:51

Based on the potential we've seen this season and what we already know about.

My first 11 would be built around

==============McCarthy=================

Kelly/Gunter=======???========Mariappa=======???

=========Guthrie===Carrico===========

McCleary======???============HRK/McAnuff

==============???===============

Bring in 4 new players that require some actual cost CB, LB, CAM, ST

Not included Jimmy because he's always injured.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 14 Apr 2013 11:55

Royal91 Based on the potential we've seen this season and what we already know about.

My first 11 would be built around

==============McCarthy=================

Kelly/Gunter=======???========Mariappa=======???

=========Guthrie===Carrico===========

McCleary======???============HRK/McAnuff

==============???===============

Bring in 4 new players that require some actual cost CB, LB, CAM, ST

Not included Jimmy because he's always injured.

I'd play McAnuff through the middle with Alfie up front. Morrisson CB. Gunter LB and Kelly RB. I think that's a solid team for the Championship.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Apr 2013 11:59

Keep: Feds, Taylor, Gunter, Kelly, Shorey (as back up), Gunter, Gorkss, Mariappa, Morrison, Karacan, Akpan, Carrico, Kebe, Kanu, McAnuff, Alf, Blackman, McCleary, Hunt.

Out: McCarthy, Andersen (not happy here), Harte, Cummings, Pearce, Pogrebnyak, Guthrie, Tabb, Church, Roberts.

New second choice keeper, New first choice LB, CB to replace Pearce, Creative midfielder (hoping for Dorrans), new Striker.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 14 Apr 2013 12:01

sandman Keep: Feds, Taylor, Gunter, Kelly, Shorey (as back up), Gunter, Gorkss, Mariappa, Morrison, Karacan, Akpan, Carrico, Kebe, Kanu, McAnuff, Alf, Blackman, McCleary, Hunt.

Out: McCarthy, Andersen (not happy here), Harte, Cummings, Pearce, Pogrebnyak, Guthrie, Tabb, Church, Roberts.

New second choice keeper, New first choice LB, CB to replace Pearce, Creative midfielder (hoping for Dorrans), new Striker.

Get rid of McCarthy?? I seriously think something is wrong with your brain!!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 14 Apr 2013 12:14

sandman Keep: Feds, Taylor, Gunter, Kelly, Shorey (as back up), Gunter, Gorkss, Mariappa, Morrison, Karacan, Akpan, Carrico, Kebe, Kanu, McAnuff, Alf, Blackman, McCleary, Hunt.

You're either a WUM or a complete moron. Get rid of McCarthy and Guthrie and keep Taylor, Gorkss and McAnuff? You might want to have watched our game yesterday and Gorkss' outstandingly poor performance for Championship strugglers Wolves.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Apr 2013 12:18

Royal91

Who said get rid? I said he will be one of the outs I didn't say by what method. I seriously think something is wrong with your eyes!!!

Cypry

by Cypry » 14 Apr 2013 12:35

Can't see some of the wholesale clearouts that some are recommending actually happening....

Think that one of Shorey and Harte will definitely go, along with Tabb, Church, Pearce, who are all out of contract, and one of Feds / Andersen. Hunt is out of contract, but has played well so far under Adkins and is reasonably proven at Championship level, so it's probably worth conceding to his request for another couple of years. Mills was sold to us by Adkins in the first place, so it could swing either way with him, I suspect he'll either be gone (most likely) or possibly a backup LB..

With no financial reason to sell (i.e. Anton covering the black hole) the only others that might go are those whose ambition is higher than the Championship, possibly Pog (although personally I've got a feeling Anton might be able to persuade him to give it another year....). Can't see that any of our other players have put in performances which would warrant Premier League clubs coming in for them if I'm honest - Kebe might get an offer, but he's not really done enough (IMO) to put himself in the shop window, and his repeated injuries won't make him any more attractive to clubs coming in. McAnuff might get an offer - he's played a lot better this year then many have given him credit for. The only other one that might push for a move could be McCarthy...we'll have to wait and see on that one...

As far as incoming players go, LB is an obvious weakness so I expect a new first choice LB and one of Harte / Shorey / Mills as backup, I expect Morrison and Mariappa will be first choice CB pairing with Hector and ANOther as backup, with Kelly / Gunter at RB.
On yesterdays evidence I wouldn't be upset at a CM pairing of two of Guthrie / Carrico / Akpan with a new "number 10" and Leigertwood / Karacan as backup, McAnuff / Kebe / McCleary / HRK fighting for the shirts on the wings, and ALF / Pog / Hunt / ANOther striker up front

We've also got a few players in the U21 side who might be pushing for places, Samuel, Keown etc

To me that looks like a pretty strong Championship squad, without the need for having a massive firesale in the Summer...

Tommy Youlden's Ears

by Tommy Youlden's Ears » 15 Apr 2013 17:50

Harry Redknapp, dodgy & odious old git that he is, made me smile with this comment on some of his 'stars';

"I hear that all the time that if they get relegated they want to go because they don't want to play in the Championship," added Redknapp. "But if they f***ing played better they would not be in the Championship so that's a load of cobblers."

I can think of a couple of ours that fit this description.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 15 Apr 2013 17:59

Tommy Youlden's Ears Harry Redknapp, dodgy & odious old git that he is, made me smile with this comment on some of his 'stars';

"I hear that all the time that if they get relegated they want to go because they don't want to play in the Championship," added Redknapp. "But if they f***ing played better they would not be in the Championship so that's a load of cobblers."

Please elaborate? I don't think anyone in our squad would think themselves above Championship football, except maybe Pog (who probably should be playing in a far better side than this one) and Pearce who has given the impression that he wants a big fat pay cheque.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 15 Apr 2013 19:02

:shock:

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 15 Apr 2013 19:06

Royal91

906 posts and you just worked that out?

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 15 Apr 2013 19:14

Tokyo Sex Whale I think Harte wants to go to Leeds.

If Jimmy stays he'll tear Harte to pieces.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 15 Apr 2013 19:48

St. Brynjar
Tokyo Sex Whale I think Harte wants to go to Leeds.

If Jimmy stays he'll tear Harte to pieces.

...and isn't injured...

The Royal

by The Royal » 15 Apr 2013 22:40

Why does everyone want to get rid of pog??? When ( not if ) we go down if he wants to stay I believe he is much much more than capable of scoring 20+ goals.

Lets say we do stay up ( which we all know we won't ) and we start playing food passing football like NA wants, pog will also score many goals we unfortunantly never played to any of his strengths this season

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 15 Apr 2013 23:20

The Royal Why does everyone want to get rid of pog??? When ( not if ) we go down if he wants to stay I believe he is much much more than capable of scoring 20+ goals.

Lets say we do stay up ( which we all know we won't ) and we start playing food passing football like NA wants, pog will also score many goals we unfortunantly never played to any of his strengths this season

Not a case of liking/disliking Pog, more a case of value-for-money

Pog is possibly on 65K a week, almost certainly on at least 45K a week. If he goes we may well get 1-2-3 Million, so it's a no-brainer.

His goal-record is not exceptional for us, or Fulham or Stuttgart and there must be half a doze solid "big men" strikers who could do a job,

coast less than 3 M and be on 15-20K a week

Tommy Youlden's Ears

by Tommy Youlden's Ears » 16 Apr 2013 07:10

St. Brynjar
Tommy Youlden's Ears Harry Redknapp, dodgy & odious old git that he is, made me smile with this comment on some of his 'stars';

Please elaborate? I don't think anyone in our squad would think themselves above Championship football, except maybe Pog (who probably should be playing in a far better side than this one) and Pearce who has given the impression that he wants a big fat pay cheque.

OK - so you've named one. And here's a quote you won't hear "I'm looking forward to gutsing it out on a cold february night in Peterborough" says Danny Guthrie. He's not a man with blue and white hooped blood, after all.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 16 Apr 2013 07:39

Anyone think if Blackburn go down we might well get Rhodes for less than they bought him for. Can the chicken farmers really bankroll a League one club?

under the tin

by under the tin » 16 Apr 2013 07:54

Most managers go shopping at previous clubs for players they already know about.
Some of our existing squad will end up at Leeds.

Snowball .... and there must be half a doze solid "big men" strikers who could do a job, cost less than 3 M and be on 15-20K a week

You're describing Billy Sharp there.

418 posts