Fulham (A) Match Thread Sponsored by The Championship

354 posts
MR. CYNICAL

Re: Fulham (A) Match Thread Sponsored by The Championship

by MR. CYNICAL » 04 May 2013 22:04

so the shit that got us relegated don't matter

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 04 May 2013 22:10

Given that the shit that got us relegated was a different regime under a different manager playing a different style...yeah it is pretty irrelevant.
:|

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 04 May 2013 22:10

Where did he say that?

What's gone before does not impact on the quality of today's performance which was the best of the season by a street. And that's what this thread is about.

MR. CYNICAL

by MR. CYNICAL » 04 May 2013 22:15

The manager which most of this board worshipped!!

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 04 May 2013 22:23

The important thing for me least we won and in some style. Last season Wolves lost there remaining games and went down with a whimper and that carried over to this season and look what happened them! Fulham do not lose many at home let alone concede 4 so don't knock it.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 04 May 2013 22:28

We were brilliant today as were the fans . What a great day

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 04 May 2013 22:42

MR. CYNICAL so the shit that got us relegated don't matter

No. Cause we're gone.

Stop being so oxf*rd cynical, there is so many good things to look forward to in the coming months. Today is a confidence boost and another game for our manager to see what he needs/wants next season.

thirtyyarder

by thirtyyarder » 05 May 2013 11:31

Norfolk Royal
Who Moved The Goalposts?
URZZZZ It's one win. Amazed at how much people are excited.

We had more possession than usual.
We had more completed passes than usual.
We had more shots on target than usual.
And we scored 4 more goals than usual.

That is, I would argue, cause for some cautious optimism.

The way our season's gone I would say it's cause to get completely drunk and run around your neighbourhood with your pants on your head.

Tick

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 06 May 2013 11:52

I want to know if Sandman believes McDermott could ever get a performance like that. Fluidity, passing, loads of shots and a convincing win.

I would also like to know where the all Guthrie haters have gone???

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 May 2013 12:12

Yes he certainly could flower and when he had the personnel to do so would. You see most of the games we had when McDermott was here were in a competitive environment where we were playing for a Play Off spot or the Title and didn't involve playing a mid table team who were already on the beach. Easy to play that way when there's nothing riding on it bit more difficult do it and win against Norwich and QPR though wasn't it?

I want to know why you disrespect McDermott so much? Smacks of spoilt child syndrome. How quickly people forget or in your case don't remember because you're a plastic. :lol:

As for number 20 it will take more than a couple of 7/10's to erase the memories of his refusal to play for the team I support.

Now hurry up and go play outside, I'll be around in a minute and your Mum wants you out of the house.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 May 2013 12:47

sandman Yes he certainly could flower and when he had the personnel to do so would.

It may have escaped your notice, but all of those players were here under McDermott's tenure earlier in the season. And no, McDermott very rarely, if ever, got us playing like that. He got us playing often exciting, efficient and winning football. But he never had us short passing and moving as fluidily and creatively as that.

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 06 May 2013 14:06

Royal91 I want to know if Sandman believes McDermott could ever get a performance like that. Fluidity, passing, loads of shots and a convincing win.

I don't know as we are unable to test it. I'm going to say yes and you won't be able to disprove it.

Delighted Guthrie is playing well but he had done little before this little patch (for whatever reasons)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 May 2013 15:45

creative_username_1
Royal91 I want to know if Sandman believes McDermott could ever get a performance like that. Fluidity, passing, loads of shots and a convincing win.

I don't know as we are unable to test it. I'm going to say yes and you won't be able to disprove it.

Delighted Guthrie is playing well but he had done little before this little patch (for whatever reasons)

Partly it's because when you're a good passer, you're still reliant on your teammates' movement and passing ability for you to really shine. You can't pass to yourself (unless you are Kebe).

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 06 May 2013 15:49

sandman Yes he certainly could flower and when he had the personnel to do so would. You see most of the games we had when McDermott was here were in a competitive environment where we were playing for a Play Off spot or the Title and didn't involve playing a mid table team who were already on the beach. Easy to play that way when there's nothing riding on it bit more difficult do it and win against Norwich and QPR though wasn't it?

I want to know why you disrespect McDermott so much? Smacks of spoilt child syndrome. How quickly people forget or in your case don't remember because you're a plastic. :lol:

As for number 20 it will take more than a couple of 7/10's to erase the memories of his refusal to play for the team I support.

Now hurry up and go play outside, I'll be around in a minute and your Mum wants you out of the house.

Hmmm. You have a particularly childish view of the No 20 incident. Perhaps you should join the others in the playground while mummy is busy?

354 posts