Player of the Season

313 posts

Who wins your vote for Player of the Season?

Federici
3%
Shorey
0%
Pearce
0%
Tabb
4%
Mariappa
23%
Pogrebnyak
0%
Leigertwood
3%
Le Fondre
20%
Hunt
1%
McAnuff
13%
McCleary
0%
Kebe
3%
Robson-Kanu
10%
Guthrie
1%
McCarthy
6%
Harte
No votes
Kelly
0%
Akpan
No votes
Gunnarsson
10%
Other
3%

Total votes: 333
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Player of the Season

by Ian Royal » 13 May 2013 20:39

P!ssed Off
Ian Royal People who think player performance wasn't mostly linked to team selection are braindead morons who just bang on endlessly about 'favourites' because they don't have a bloody clue.

Neither were really regulars. Neither played well enough to secure their place. Neither deserve to be in the running for PotS.

They're more guidelines than actual rules. You really do seem to struggle with understanding basic concepts.

I guess you're just too intelligent for the rest of us to debate with. I assume in real life you don't call everyone you disagree with a "braindead moron that doesn't have a bloody clue"?

Do you realise what a large proportion of the Reading fans you're slagging off? Oh wait, you probably don't because your internet stream didn't pick up the crowd's reaction to Leigertwood being subbed off against VIlla.
If you want to judge Reading fans properly, going to a oxf*rd game.

Yeah. People in general are pretty clueless. Try listening to the crowd occasionally.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 May 2013 20:07

Alfie wins player of the season then.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 14 May 2013 20:10

Pretty much sums up our season
I voted Mariappa

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 May 2013 20:14

Ditto x

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 May 2013 21:08

McAnuff here, but ALF is at least the correct answer out of the top three the majority voted for.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 14 May 2013 21:13

Who came 2nd, anyone know?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 14 May 2013 21:16

P!ssed Off Who came 2nd, anyone know?

McCarthy 2nd, HRK 3rd, Mariappa 4th I think.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 14 May 2013 21:43

Great possession play from the Royals there.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 14 May 2013 22:40

Le Fondre deserves to win it. Mariappa has been good but at times he has made mistakes too. HRK definitely in top 3. McCarthy would have almost certainly won it, had he played the whole season. Anyone saying McAnuff for player of the season, hahaha are you having a fcuking laugh?

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 14 May 2013 22:41

RoyallyFcuked Le Fondre deserves to win it. Mariappa has been good but at times he has made mistakes too. HRK definitely in top 3. McCarthy would have almost certainly won it, had he played the whole season. Anyone saying McAnuff for player of the season, hahaha are you having a fcuking laugh?

You'd agree with them if you weren't such a brainless moron. IDIOT!
:wink:

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 14 May 2013 22:45

RoyallyFcuked Le Fondre deserves to win it. Mariappa has been good but at times he has made mistakes too. HRK definitely in top 3. McCarthy would have almost certainly won it, had he played the whole season. Anyone saying McAnuff for player of the season, hahaha are you having a fcuking laugh?

Most people who understand football disagree with you. Travesty he wasn't even in the top 4. Mind you last year's vote didn't even feature Fed in the top 3 IIRC & he was immense so I'm not that surprised.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 14 May 2013 23:30

Cannot believe how Mariappa and McAnuff have not been in the top 3.

I know Alf scored a few goals but he has only been a bit part player compared to the above.
A typical performance from him tonight. I think he touched the ball about 3 times!

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 14 May 2013 23:32

Don't forget that people could vote on-line - they don't need to have gone to any games.

ALF has been the only player that most non-match goers will have heard of, so he'll get lots of votes, and kids will always vote for the person who scores goals.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 14 May 2013 23:50

MmmMonsterMunch

Most people who understand football disagree with you. Travesty he wasn't even in the top 4. Mind you last year's vote didn't even feature Fed in the top 3 IIRC & he was immense so I'm not that surprised.

Well wikipedia disagrees with you if that counts for anything.
Last edited by P!ssed Off on 14 May 2013 23:59, edited 1 time in total.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 14 May 2013 23:55

Alexander Litvinenko Don't forget that people could vote on-line - they don't need to have gone to any games.

ALF has been the only player that most non-match goers will have heard of, so he'll get lots of votes, and kids will always vote for the person who scores goals.

Speculation, your honour!!!
Besides a prominent member of this thread, of the anti-ALF persuasion, has admitted to being a non-match goer also.

But essentially what your saying is that only children care about POTS, slapping yourself in the face a bit aren't you?

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 14 May 2013 23:55

MmmMonsterMunch

Sauce?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 14 May 2013 23:58

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 15 May 2013 00:00

P!ssed Off
Alexander Litvinenko Don't forget that people could vote on-line - they don't need to have gone to any games.

Besides a prominent member of this thread, of the anti-ALF persuasion, has admitted to being a non-match goer also.

But essentially what your saying is that only children care about POTS, slapping yourself in the face a bit aren't you?

I'm not saying that at all, no. I'm saying that the electorate is too wide and that many of that electorate may not have the match-going experience or the maturity to make a properly objective decision. Ask any under 16 kid who their favourite player is and I bet the vast majority will name their club's centre-forward/leading scorer.

I'm also saying that there's an inevitable bias towards goal-scorers in any vote for such vote about players - and in a year where there are no clear favourites for the award this bias may be enough to tilt the vote in favour of a goal-scorer such as ALF.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 15 May 2013 00:01

maffff

That ain't no reliable sauce, ge me sum go'dam kechup.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 15 May 2013 00:06

Alexander Litvinenko
P!ssed Off

I'm not saying that at all, no. I'm saying that the electorate is too wide and that many of that electorate may not have the match-going experience or the maturity to make a properly objective decision. Ask any under 16 kid who their favourite player is and I bet the vast majority will name their club's centre-forward/leading scorer.

I'm also saying that there's an inevitable bias towards goal-scorers in any vote for such vote about players - and in a year where there are no clear favourites for the award this bias may be enough to tilt the vote in favour of a goal-scorer such as ALF.

The 'electorate', sounds like you're on the sauce. :lol:

"many of that electorate may not have the match-going experience or the maturity to make a properly objective decision."
Jeez, well you certainly get my vote for 'most condescending post of the season'. Sounds like sour grapes, is that your sauce, perchance?

313 posts