Stephen Kelly
1%

Total votes: 391
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Worst "Player of the season"

by sandman » 04 Apr 2013 10:08

St. Brynjar
Big Foot Federici - his awful form and social media outbursts at the start of the season set the tone for us and left a huge black cloud over the club.

Enter Sandman...

Look mate if that's your type of thing then that's up to you but I do not roll like that.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 04 Apr 2013 18:06

Guthrie for his morale destroying stupidity that may have been the straw that broken the camel's back to send us down.

Should be ****ing ashamed of himself the little sh*t.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 05 Apr 2013 14:43

I have to say, that like many I don't like this thread either. You can't blame this on players not trying, its just that the gap in quality between us and 70% ish of the premiership is more like a gulf at times.
Having said that, one player for me that sticks out, not because of performance but because of effort and attitude. And that's Guthrie. He at times just doesn't look like he gives a toss.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 05 Apr 2013 14:57

I have to say, that like many I don't like this thread either. You can't blame this on players not trying, its just that the gap in quality between us and 70% ish of the premiership is more like a gulf at times.
Having said that, one player for me that sticks out, not because of performance but because of effort and attitude. And that's Guthrie. He at times just doesn't look like he gives a toss.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 05 Apr 2013 14:59

Ascotexgunner I have to say, that like many I don't like this thread either. You can't blame this on players not trying, its just that the gap in quality between us and 70% ish of the premiership is more like a gulf at times.

This, when he and Shorey gave the ball away against Arsenal they just stood there and watched Gervinho run at our defence, you can bet that if the two involved were McAnuff, Karacan, Hunt or Mariappa that they would have sprinted back until there lungs burst.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 05 Apr 2013 15:07

LightwaterRoyal
Ascotexgunner I have to say, that like many I don't like this thread either. You can't blame this on players not trying, its just that the gap in quality between us and 70% ish of the premiership is more like a gulf at times.

This, when he and Shorey gave the ball away against Arsenal they just stood there and watched Gervinho run at our defence, you can bet that if the two involved were McAnuff, Karacan, Hunt or Mariappa that they would have sprinted back until there lungs burst.

He's behaved like a child at times. I doubt we will get them money back spent on him either.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 05 Apr 2013 16:15

guarantee if that happened guthrie would stand in place, while pointing, gesticulating and verbally abusing his team mates

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 05 Apr 2013 16:24

After Chlesea's 3rd goal back in August, Guthrie looked to the heavens with a resigned "well that's that" shrug and his attitude has remained the very same since.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 05 Apr 2013 17:28

Ascotexgunner
LightwaterRoyal

He's behaved like a child at times. I doubt we will get them money back spent on him either.

You mean you doubt we'll be able to sell him on a free?

croche

by croche » 05 Apr 2013 18:16

Roberts, had no intention of actually doing anything notable for the team, just wanted a platform to raise his profile and get media attention.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 05 Apr 2013 18:18

I can't believe there are 11 votes for Roberts, he looked awesome in a few of his performances, some were calling for him to be captain, and then he got an unfortunate injury, ruling him out for the season. I defend Guthrie a lot but he's far more culpable than Roberts.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 05 Apr 2013 18:32

Shall we just vote Bignall, Shepherd or Williams and settle it?

royal67

by royal67 » 05 Apr 2013 21:00

croche Roberts, had no intention of actually doing anything notable for the team, just wanted a platform to raise his profile and get media attention.

I've never seen more blatant trolling........

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 14 May 2013 23:25

I retract my vote for Karacan, he's been superb in the last few games. I hope a few people might feel the same about Guthrie & Gunter.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 14 May 2013 23:27

Alexander Litvinenko Got to be Nick Blackman. Not his fault, at all - but he reminds me of that guy who turned up for a job interview at the BBC and got put on screen as an expert.

Blackman is so, so out of his depth he's embarrassing - as though he walked through the wrong door and suddenly found himself out on the pitch.

Every other player has done some good things at one time or another - even those like McAnuff & L'wood who are competing for the Scapegoat of the Year award.

Blackman has had no redeeming features whatsoever. None! Zilch! Not a one!

(Not a reflection on him, though - more a reflection of the numpties who thought he'd be the answer to our problems and forced him out onto the pitch.)

Happy to stand by my previous assessment. I feel sorry for the poor lad.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 14 May 2013 23:42

St. Brynjar I retract my vote for Karacan, he's been superb in the last few games. I hope a few people might feel the same about Guthrie & Gunter.

ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY

RETRACT THEIR VOTE

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 15 May 2013 15:31

Based on performances only -

1. Leigertwood
2. Gorkss
3. McAnuff

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 May 2013 15:47

St. Brynjar I retract my vote for Karacan, he's been superb in the last few games. I hope a few people might feel the same about Guthrie & Gunter.

agreed.
big improvements from alot of the players who have struggled this year is a testament to nigels work with them since he came in

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 15 May 2013 15:49

Got to be Kebe - what a poof.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 15 May 2013 15:54

Adam Federici.