Player of the Season

313 posts

Who wins your vote for Player of the Season?

Federici
3%
Shorey
0%
Pearce
0%
Tabb
4%
Mariappa
23%
Pogrebnyak
0%
Leigertwood
3%
Le Fondre
20%
Hunt
1%
McAnuff
13%
McCleary
0%
Kebe
3%
Robson-Kanu
10%
Guthrie
1%
McCarthy
6%
Harte
No votes
Kelly
0%
Akpan
No votes
Gunnarsson
10%
Other
3%

Total votes: 333
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Player of the Season

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 May 2013 16:16

Alex Pearce is Irish, which means that list is complete bullshit.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 16 May 2013 16:18

Pepe the Horseman Alex Pearce is Irish, which means that list is complete bullshit.

Ha, he was Scottish when he won POTS though, how things can change in only a year.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 May 2013 16:27

Mcanuff is.a better footballer than some on that list, and would not look out of place on it

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 May 2013 16:33

And there is a reason jobi an mikele got picked more.its because they were considered more effective,trustworthy,experienced, and able to fit into the system. You just disagree

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 16 May 2013 16:33

I feel bad for cummings

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 16 May 2013 16:35

I love that the only nationalities we have had for POTS are English, Irish, Scottish and Icelandic.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 16 May 2013 16:37

P!ssed Off
+1. Lock your door though, they're coming for you.

tbh if McAnuff was just one of our four wingers I wouldn't judge him as harshly. If Kebe, McCleary, HRK and McAnuff all finished on 23 starts this season then I'd say fair enough (assuming we played with 3 attackers for a part of the season). But no, McDermott decided that he deserved guaranteed first team football when he gave him the captaincy for no apparent reason. The main thing that McAnuff playing pretty much every minute this season showed me was not that he should get POTS, but that he really did not deserve his first team spot to be guaranteed.

Starts this season:
McAnuff: 37
Kebe: 16
HRK: 12
McCleary: 14

I know, but they're after you too so watch out :lol:

And agree with all of that post particularly the last sentence.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 16 May 2013 16:42

How much of the season have other wingers been unavailable though?

HRK has had a few injuries. Kebe is a permacrock. etc.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 16 May 2013 16:57

melonhead
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL!

That's a really strong valid argument you've got there dickhead, sorry I mean melonhead.

melonhead
not reading all that

Don't then. It would only prove you wrong further and make you feel worse. I'm sure you did read it anyway, but just couldn't conjure up a decent defence for our amazing captain that you love so much.

melonhead
im just saying adkins is yet to drop him. obviously he also thinks mcanuff worthy of his weekly place, and the captaincy at least for now.
and maybe. the rest of the sentence is irrelevant. unless youre saying that its only since adkins that mcanuff has been good enough to deserve that place, in which case its a bit off blaming the player when it would clearly all be down to brian in that case.
why does guthrie get more leeway in that respect than our captain, the one who captained the side to a most welcome and surprising promotion.

The fact that Adkins is yet to drop him doesn't really mean anything. A new manager is hardly going to come into a club at this time of the season, and drop the captain straight away, no matter how bad the team has done. That can wait until the summer, Adkins already knows he wants Leigertwood out the door and has shown that by freezing him out completely. You don't just do that with the captain. He will keep things sweet for now by starting him till the end of the season, then don't be surprised if he tells him he doesn't feature in his plans for next season. Cue the tears when that happens.
Last edited by RoyallyFcuked on 16 May 2013 17:35, edited 2 times in total.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 16 May 2013 17:27

melonhead Mcanuff is.a better footballer than some on that list, and would not look out of place on it

:shock: Based on this season's performances? :shock: It's not a lifetime achievement award, it's Player of the Season.
Are you telling me that McAnuff 2012-2013, or any other current player's 2012-2013 season, reaches anywhere near any of the POTSs on that list?
If so, please tell me who on that list would have been beaten out by McAnuff's 2012-2013 season.
Last edited by P!ssed Off on 16 May 2013 17:34, edited 1 time in total.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 16 May 2013 17:33

maffff I love that the only nationalities we have had for POTS are English, Irish, Scottish and Icelandic.

Go a bit further back and you've got Hislop from T&T, but yep that's it, other than the above countries

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 May 2013 22:16

Clearly there's no point persisting with this, because from your point of view we won't see reason, and from our point of view neither will you. So all this really is, is a long winded load of old horse crap.

So why don't we save our fingers on the typing, cut out the attempt to put forward a reasoned argument and just call each other names in the best tradition of TB. Especially seeing as everything you write is a load of old drivel and you're far too stupid to comprehend what we write.

You... bloody... stupid heads.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 May 2013 10:14

RoyallyFcuked
melonhead
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL!

1. That's a really strong valid argument you've got there dickhead,

melonhead
not reading all that

2. Don't then.
melonhead
im just saying adkins is yet to drop him. obviously he also thinks mcanuff worthy of his weekly place, and the captaincy at least for now.
and maybe. the rest of the sentence is irrelevant. unless youre saying that its only since adkins that mcanuff has been good enough to deserve that place, in which case its a bit off blaming the player when it would clearly all be down to brian in that case.
why does guthrie get more leeway in that respect than our captain, the one who captained the side to a most welcome and surprising promotion.

3.The fact that Adkins is yet to drop him doesn't really mean anything. .

1 :lol: :lol: :lol:
2. im not going to. already said that
3.it does mean something

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 May 2013 10:16

P!ssed Off
melonhead Mcanuff is.a better footballer than some on that list, and would not look out of place on it

:shock: Based on this season's performances? :shock: It's not a lifetime achievement award, it's Player of the Season.
Are you telling me that McAnuff 2012-2013, or any other current player's 2012-2013 season, reaches anywhere near any of the POTSs on that list?
If so, please tell me who on that list would have been beaten out by McAnuff's 2012-2013 season.

since player of the seasons quality will always to some extent depend on the quality of the season, i dont think thats relevant.
certainly more deserving to be on it than most others this season, especially compared to the 33 games played by the three on the shortlist

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 May 2013 10:17

Ian Royal Clearly there's no point persisting with this, because from your point of view we won't see reason, and from our point of view neither will you. So all this really is, is a long winded load of old horse crap.

So why don't we save our fingers on the typing, cut out the attempt to put forward a reasoned argument and just call each other names in the best tradition of TB. Especially seeing as everything you write is a load of old drivel and you're far too stupid to comprehend what we write.

You... bloody... stupid heads.

ok you jizz monkey

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 17 May 2013 10:18

P!ssed Off
maffff I love that the only nationalities we have had for POTS are English, Irish, Scottish and Icelandic.

Go a bit further back and you've got Hislop from T&T, but yep that's it, other than the above countries

How did I skim over Shaka :shock: erm.... erm....he was born in Hackney?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 17 May 2013 11:22

I still :facepalm: when I see James Harper as POTS for 02/03

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 May 2013 11:24

:lol:

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 17 May 2013 11:30

melonhead
It also stands to reason that players who featured the most are going to have done more shit to moan about.

by that rationale gunnarsson would have won the award for not having played at all, and is therefore totally unblemished
so im not sure it rationally follows as a way of judging POS....

but agreed. mcanuff. hes a good fellow. and these lot are beastly for saying otherwise

Wasn't on about it being a reason to pick him as POS. I'm pointing out that people will always find it easier to criticise players that feature more often.

Had ALF started as many games as Pog, I doubt he'd make POS.

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 17 May 2013 12:00

Surely the POTS should be chosen based on:

A) how effective they were in their respective position
B) their overall contribution to the team
C) consistency of performance over the whole season

Whether they played well to get us promoted last season - how much they cost - and are they generally nice approachable blokes is irrelevant.

313 posts