Player of the Season

313 posts

Who wins your vote for Player of the Season?

Federici
3%
Shorey
0%
Pearce
0%
Tabb
4%
Mariappa
23%
Pogrebnyak
0%
Leigertwood
3%
Le Fondre
20%
Hunt
1%
McAnuff
13%
McCleary
0%
Kebe
3%
Robson-Kanu
10%
Guthrie
1%
McCarthy
6%
Harte
No votes
Kelly
0%
Akpan
No votes
Gunnarsson
10%
Other
3%

Total votes: 333
melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Player of the Season

by melonhead » 17 May 2013 12:09

number of games is a pretty decent measure of effectiveness in their position in comparison to the other players, their over all contribution to the team compared to others, and consistency of performance over the whole season compared to others

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 May 2013 12:56

melonhead
Ian Royal Clearly there's no point persisting with this, because from your point of view we won't see reason, and from our point of view neither will you. So all this really is, is a long winded load of old horse crap.

So why don't we save our fingers on the typing, cut out the attempt to put forward a reasoned argument and just call each other names in the best tradition of TB. Especially seeing as everything you write is a load of old drivel and you're far too stupid to comprehend what we write.

You... bloody... stupid heads.

ok you jizz monkey

I'm on your side you drug addled simpleton! :lol:

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 17 May 2013 13:58

Maguire I still :facepalm: when I see James Harper as POTS for 02/03

I was :? at the time, it looked to me that he just stood there, waving his arms about and contributing very little.
Didn't come to appreciate Harper until a couple of seasons after that, when I began to notice more his influence in the team.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 17 May 2013 14:04

melonhead
P!ssed Off
melonhead Mcanuff is.a better footballer than some on that list, and would not look out of place on it

:shock: Based on this season's performances? :shock: It's not a lifetime achievement award, it's Player of the Season.
Are you telling me that McAnuff 2012-2013, or any other current player's 2012-2013 season, reaches anywhere near any of the POTSs on that list?
If so, please tell me who on that list would have been beaten out by McAnuff's 2012-2013 season.

since player of the seasons quality will always to some extent depend on the quality of the season, i dont think thats relevant.
certainly more deserving to be on it than most others this season, especially compared to the 33 games played by the three on the shortlist

Whoever had won, there will always be an * next to POTS 2012-2013 stating "Doesn't count, everyone was shit that year"

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 May 2013 16:39

Ian Royal
melonhead
Ian Royal Clearly there's no point persisting with this, because from your point of view we won't see reason, and from our point of view neither will you. So all this really is, is a long winded load of old horse crap.

So why don't we save our fingers on the typing, cut out the attempt to put forward a reasoned argument and just call each other names in the best tradition of TB. Especially seeing as everything you write is a load of old drivel and you're far too stupid to comprehend what we write.

ok you jizz monkey

I'm on your side you drug addled simpleton! :lol:

i know, was just joining in the insults regardless

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 17 May 2013 16:57

P!ssed Off

I was :? at the time, it looked to me that he just stood there, waving his arms about and contributing very little.
Didn't come to appreciate Harper until a couple of seasons after that, when I began to notice more his influence in the team.

It's more the fact that Nicky Forster carried that team all season. Not voting him POTS was just shameful.

Harper had a decent season tbf, just not as good as Forster

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 May 2013 21:12

I would have chosen
1. Marriappa
2. Mcanuff
3. Mccarthy

yappy

by yappy » 17 May 2013 21:26

Maguire
P!ssed Off

It's more the fact that Nicky Forster carried that team all season. Not voting him POTS was just shameful.

Agreed. Thought Harper deserved it in 07/08, couldn't believe it when Hunt was voted ahead of him.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 18 May 2013 00:03

yappy
Agreed. Thought Harper deserved it in 07/08, couldn't believe it when Hunt was voted ahead of him.

Hahnemann should have won, with Harper and Kitson rounding off the top 3. Hunt scored a few tap ins (and one spectacular goal) but as the season wore on he became less and less effective in open play.

Anyone who thinks McAnuff has been poor probably can't remember Hunt that season, luckily for them.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 18 May 2013 01:44

Maguire
P!ssed Off

Would Forster have had such a good season without Harper in the side? Who knows. What I still fail to understand is how Dylan Kerr won POTS in 93/94 whereas Jimmy Quinn scored over 40 goals. Probably because most fans have their favourites and don't fully understand the game. That explains the bile directed towards Rosenior and Harper.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 21 May 2013 21:10

Agreed with that to a certain extent, before I read the last sentenced where I just LOLed. Pathetic really, coming from you? Someone who himself, spends far too much of his life writing pointless drivel, and has been doing so for longer than anyone else of this forum :lol: Clearly we are not too stupid to comprehend what you write, because we have in fact explained many reasons as to why what were saying is true, but you have failed to come up with anything to fight it with. I guess we wouldn't understand would we? Or is it because you can't, because were right??? Aww, looks like you lost this one.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 May 2013 01:06

RoyallyFcuked

Agreed with that to a certain extent, before I read the last sentenced where I just LOLed. Pathetic really, coming from you? Someone who himself, spends far too much of his life writing pointless drivel, and has been doing so for longer than anyone else of this forum :lol: Clearly we are not too stupid to comprehend what you write, because we have in fact explained many reasons as to why what were saying is true, but you have failed to come up with anything to fight it with. I guess we wouldn't understand would we? Or is it because you can't, because were right??? Aww, looks like you lost this one.

Massive :|

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 22 May 2013 08:45

Royalclapper Surely the POTS should be chosen based on:

A) how effective they were in their respective position
B) their overall contribution to the team
C) consistency of performance over the whole season

Whether they played well to get us promoted last season - how much they cost - and are they generally nice approachable blokes is irrelevant.

I would add
D) exceeding expectation

313 posts