The Non - League thread

10749 posts
Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Non - League thread 2012/13

by Terminal Boardom » 14 May 2013 03:52

Royalist He was a cancer at Windsor and Eton/Windsor FC. Nobody was sad when he left.

He'll do well with a good budget but i'm adamant Slough should just look to stay at the current level and pay their way in the league until a home to call your own is achieved. However their irresponsible spending will suit him and it seems Slough fans don't mind it.

Big appointment whoever it is.

Not strictly true :wink:

Royalist

by Royalist » 14 May 2013 08:27

Who was sad? The players and their family who depended on the money the club had promised them? If so. Fair point.

Anyway i'm glad he is the past and i wouldn't even wish him on Slough!! :o

Christof

by Christof » 14 May 2013 11:51

Royalist He was a cancer at Windsor and Eton/Windsor FC. Nobody was sad when he left.

He'll do well with a good budget but i'm adamant Slough should just look to stay at the current level and pay their way in the league until a home to call your own is achieved. However their irresponsible spending will suit him and it seems Slough fans don't mind it.

Big appointment whoever it is.

Oh, the budget again, thanks for reminding me :roll: Any facts to back up the assertion of irresponsibility?

Royalist

by Royalist » 14 May 2013 12:02

Just a look at the squad and the fact you don't have a home and a sponsor that closed down.

But maybe i'm just talking from the viewpoint of someone who had their fingers burnt and is ultra sensitive to it but i'd be very surprised if the chairman isn't pumping money in for the wage bill. Of course there is nothing wrong with that as long as the chairman can afford it or cuts the spending as soon as he can't.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 14 May 2013 22:49

Royalist Who was sad? The players and their family who depended on the money the club had promised them? If so. Fair point.

Anyway i'm glad he is the past and i wouldn't even wish him on Slough!! :o

Can't comment on the players but there was one person really not impressed to see the management team go :wink:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 May 2013 00:20

Windsor U18's lost their Combined Counties Cup Final tonight 3-1 to Camberley. Fair result, they were better than us in almost every department.

Rather disturbing scene after 70 minutes when Windsor's left back, Brandon Blair (who was probably our MOTM) collapsed with what appears to be a heart problem. He was on the pitch for what must have a half hour receiving treatment from the physios before an ambulance arrived.

Scoreline at the time was 2-1 and Camberley scored soon after the restart to wrap it up.

Royalist

by Royalist » 17 May 2013 08:24

:shock: I hope he'll make a full recovery.

Any idea if it was proper physios or glorified kitmen? Not a dig at the people who do the job but sometimes they have very basic training or are standing in for the actual physio in youth football? The FA should help fund clubs for exactly situations like last night!

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 17 May 2013 08:41

Royalist :shock: I hope he'll make a full recovery.

Any idea if it was proper physios or glorified kitmen? Not a dig at the people who do the job but sometimes they have very basic training or are standing in for the actual physio in youth football? The FA should help fund clubs for exactly situations like last night!

Not sure if it happened yet, but there were plans to ensure that every club above a certain step had a defibrillator on-site - and the modern ones are so easy to use that there's not much training required.

Royalist

by Royalist » 17 May 2013 09:07

Yes but not every case will need one or it may not be a heart related emergency. It's a good start but thats all.

dizzynewheights
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Waitin at a red light, Kentucky Fried Chicken in, Low End Theory tape in, bass crazy kicking in

by dizzynewheights » 17 May 2013 09:13

8) 8) 8)

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 17 May 2013 09:20

RT @CamberleyTownFC: Best wishes to Windsor FC's Brandon Blair who's been taken to West Middlesex hospital after collapsing on the pitch tonight.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 May 2013 09:49

He was released at 3am and, as no reason for the collapse has been identified, will return to hospital for further tests.

From what the players were saying last night this may not be the 1st time he's had an "episode" like this.

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 17 May 2013 17:17

looking forward to seeing more of aldershot town on this thread.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 18 May 2013 01:53

Alexander Litvinenko

Not sure if it happened yet, but there were plans to ensure that every club above a certain step had a defibrillator on-site - and the modern ones are so easy to use that there's not much training required.

I hear what you are saying but I would much rather have someone properly qualified, rather than Rother, use one of those things on me :wink:

Royalist

by Royalist » 18 May 2013 09:54

Yes. It might be easy to use but it's not the only thing that can go wrong! Of course its quite rare thankfully but it is a place there is room for improvement.

Royalist

by Royalist » 19 May 2013 13:05

What i'd heard about BT getting the conference games was right. 30 games for 300k but being on a bigger stage than Premier Sports can only be a good thing for the top tier of non league and hopefully speeds up the league becoming fully pro as for me it's not really the non league that i know and love.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 19 May 2013 14:11

Terminal Boardom
Alexander Litvinenko

I hear what you are saying but I would much rather have someone properly qualified, rather than Rother, use one of those things on me :wink:

:D mouth to mouth would be a bit scary as well.

Especially if you hadn't shaved in the previous couple of hours.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 May 2013 21:02

Ex Reading defender Steve Brown now manager of Ebbsfleet

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 27 May 2013 20:43

... still gearing myself up for producing a detailed end of season 'review' ie ups downs and arounds but may take a while and not all issues have been settled - a few big rumours again starting about some clubs at the upper end of the Pyramid (eg Thurrock amongst others) under financial scrutiny so may wait a bit more.

A few of these may make a right 'dog's rear end' of the Play Off outcomes too - especially in the Ryman where a bizarre collection of clubs south of the river are being placed in Div One N as a result. The usual suspects over there are queueing up for inevitable reprieves too.

CCL Constitution 13/14 being sent out in draft this week - Egham & Guernsey promoted BUT big news out of left field is Alton Town moving over from Wessex - not sure even they expected that - Fleet Spurs turned down for Div One along with a few late Sussex 'applications' and O.Farnborians similarly not being considered - which is a shame as they looked very good on the occasion I saw them.

Rumbles about South Park & Horley moving to a much reduced Sussex constitution - down to only two divisions - and Warlingham have finally given up trying to upgrade Verdayne Gardens, whilst paying to play at Whyteleafe - and have resigned altogether.

Ash, Sandhurst & Dorking are (probably) relegated & coming up are Frimley G, Mole Valley & probably Westfield - but will post any confirmed decisions ASAP - doubtless there may already be more on the Fans Focus site.
Last edited by Four Of Clubs on 27 May 2013 20:57, edited 1 time in total.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 May 2013 20:50

The whole Thurrock thing isn't financial, the powers that be in the NL circle, need to wise up and catch up with the modern day game.

Have done a fair bit of reading over this one, and I sincerely hope that they win their appeal

10749 posts