Hal Robson Kanu Appeal

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Hal Robson Kanu Appeal

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 14 Jun 2013 10:37

Hopefully us signing players like Bridge, and being linked to players like Drenthe will give some of the "big fish" in this small pond a kick up the arse. They need to know that a handful of decent performances doesn't make them top 4 quality. That of course won't stop the odd panicky Premier League manager from taking a chance on them when the transfer window is closing and they haven't done enough...

Of course it's a free market, and if they feel like they deserve to be playing at a "higher level" then good luck to them, but it's nice to know that we're actively looking to recruit playing staff that are better than the want-away players.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 14 Jun 2013 11:02

If we get £2m and can put it towards Drenthe or Hooper (or anyone else decent!) I'll drive Hal to Cardiff myself. He is good, but not THAT good.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 14 Jun 2013 11:06

The Prisoner If we get £2m and can put it towards Drenthe or Hooper (or anyone else decent!) I'll drive Hal to Cardiff myself. He is good, but not THAT good.

I was going to do it but now you've offered I'm happy for you to do it.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 14 Jun 2013 11:06

Plus - imagine if he insisted his brother came too? What a shit car drive that would be.

tjmill

by tjmill » 14 Jun 2013 11:07

He's off to either Palace or Cardiff they reckon once we get Drenthe signed up.
2m for him is good business and gives him the premier league football he wants! No loss to Reading imo

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 14 Jun 2013 11:14

Royal With Cheese Plus - imagine if he insisted his brother came too? What a shit car drive that would be.

ROAD TRIP!! How do i get in on this?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 14 Jun 2013 16:45

tjmill He's off to either Palace or Cardiff they reckon once we get Drenthe signed up.
2m for him is good business and gives him the premier league football he wants! No loss to Reading imo

Robson Kanu sold to bring Drenthe in. The worlds gone mad.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 14 Jun 2013 17:15

Well I for one think HRK was probably our most effective winger last season and I think he could also play off the main striker if needed. I hope he stays.

I think that if Drenthe comes off it is more likely that it is McAnuff or Kebe (or both) that will move on but only time will tell. I cannot see us selling HRK for 2M...possibly 4M might get NH excited.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 15 Jun 2013 23:04

I'm not sure Robson-Kanu has the guile to play Adkins style of play. He obviously did quite well over those post-McDermott games but I just don't see him as technical or clever enough to really fit in so perhaps the club are willing to cash in on him when he's potentially in demand.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 15 Jun 2013 23:24

Royal Lady Yes- until I left to have my children....

Anyway, in days gone by, players were loyal to clubs - it's the Sky money etc which has ruined it now - time was Reading players lived in Reading and the surrounding areas and they WANTED to play for Reading - heck some were even born in Reading - these days you nurture them in academies and at the first sign of defeat or first sniff of better money they're off. :x

I can't wait until you're voted onto the Star Board to represent HobNob. You're just so in touch, it's frightening. I can quite see why you've gone for everything from local councillor, PTA etc. You just know so much.

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 15 Jun 2013 23:25

Hoop Blah I'm not sure Robson-Kanu has the guile to play Adkins style of play. He obviously did quite well over those post-McDermott games but I just don't see him as technical or clever enough to really fit in so perhaps the club are willing to cash in on him when he's potentially in demand.

I think you're wrong.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Jun 2013 23:43

Hoop Blah I'm not sure Robson-Kanu has the guile to play Adkins style of play. He obviously did quite well over those post-McDermott games but I just don't see him as technical or clever enough to really fit in so perhaps the club are willing to cash in on him when he's potentially in demand.

He's always seemed to me to be the winger we have that's most fitted to the role of a wide forward in the more modern style 4-2-3-1s that I'd have thought Adkins will want us to end up in if we perform as Anton wants. I think he's pretty technical, with good control. He's got pace and strength and he's got height and goals. The only question for me is whether he has the guile and decision making.

Coppell's Right Footed 11

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 15 Jun 2013 23:53

RockheadRumple

I think you're wrong.

Best winger at the club.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jun 2013 00:06

RockheadRumple

I think you're wrong.

Best winger at the club.

Shit! When did Kebe and McAnuff leave!?

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 16 Jun 2013 00:09

Ian Royal
RockheadRumple
I think you're wrong.

Best winger at the club.

Shit! When did Kebe and McAnuff leave!?

:D

Cypry

by Cypry » 16 Jun 2013 17:45

Wonder if we're prepared to let him go in the hope that his brother follows him and doesn't pick up any more "clients" from our playing staff...

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Jun 2013 17:11

Para Handy
Royal Lady Yes- until I left to have my children....

Anyway, in days gone by, players were loyal to clubs - it's the Sky money etc which has ruined it now - time was Reading players lived in Reading and the surrounding areas and they WANTED to play for Reading - heck some were even born in Reading - these days you nurture them in academies and at the first sign of defeat or first sniff of better money they're off. :x

I can't wait until you're voted onto the Star Board to represent HobNob. You're just so in touch, it's frightening. I can quite see why you've gone for everything from local councillor, PTA etc. You just know so much.

Where am I wrong then? Though if I say the sky is blue, you'll bloody argue against it just cos I've said it. :roll:

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 17 Jun 2013 19:26

Cypry Wonder if we're prepared to let him go in the hope that his brother follows him and doesn't pick up any more "clients" from our playing staff...

Has anyone started spamming DRK yet? I think we need to.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 18 Jun 2013 10:25

Wasn't DRK that French bloke who got up to mischief in New York and got caught in a hotel with a chambermaid or am I imagining it?

All gone a bit quiet on this one. Hopefully NH has told his agent where to go and take his showboating client with him.

As I have said before, if he wants to leave for a top 4 club, slap a transfer request in and wait for the calls to flood in.........

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 18 Jun 2013 10:36

I think that any player basically issuing a "come and get me" plea should be deemed as handing in a transfer request so, if they do move, they'll lose their "loyalty bonus".

That would shut them up.