CONFIRMED - Alex Pearce re-signs

559 posts
ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

Re: CONFIRMED - Alex Pearce re-signs

by ZacNaloen » 21 Jun 2013 17:08

Eggyboff is a game that is played between sports teams, friends and even families. The rules of the game are simple, someone calls an Eggyboff by naming a rule. For example :"Next person to use the toilet is eggyboff".

If you become Eggyboff, no-one can talk to you or acknowledge you for the whole time they are Eggyboff. If someone else does talk to Eggyboff, they become Eggyboff until either someone talks to them, or a new rule is called.

It is best played in risky situations, such as a football match, "Next person to touch the ball is Eggyboff".

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Jun 2013 17:08

It certainly can't have helped that McD didn't play him after the contract issue came up - there were talks he'd lost the dressing room - if you rated a colleague and thought they were good at their job, but because they wouldn't agree a new contract, your boss wouldn't give him any work and he was effectively on garden leave and you missed out on a massive contract with a client, which you thought you might have had a better chance of getting had your colleague been involved, then you'd be miffed too. I'm not saying for one moment that he would have saved our season, but we'll never know because McD appeared to be too bloody minded to play him and find out.

I guess we'll find out soon enough whether Pearce is still up to Player of the season standard.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Jun 2013 17:08

We played it differently. You basically smother someone in eggs, then fcuk them.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 21 Jun 2013 17:09

I reckon muddyfers is dripping quietly in a corner over this news.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Jun 2013 17:09

YateleyRoyal I reckon muddyfers is dripping quietly in a corner over this news.

Waiting to be eggyboffed

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by YateleyRoyal » 21 Jun 2013 17:13

Pepe the Horseman
YateleyRoyal I reckon muddyfers is dripping quietly in a corner over this news.

Waiting to be eggyboffed

:shock: :lol:

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 21 Jun 2013 17:28

Royal Lady It certainly can't have helped that McD didn't play him after the contract issue came up - there were talks he'd lost the dressing room - if you rated a colleague and thought they were good at their job, but because they wouldn't agree a new contract, your boss wouldn't give him any work and he was effectively on garden leave and you missed out on a massive contract with a client, which you thought you might have had a better chance of getting had your colleague been involved, then you'd be miffed too. I'm not saying for one moment that he would have saved our season, but we'll never know because McD appeared to be too bloody minded to play him and find out.

I guess we'll find out soon enough whether Pearce is still up to Player of the season standard.

I always thought Squeaky did contracts, so does that mean that McD was under instructions from the DoF not to play him?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 21 Jun 2013 17:28

ZacNaloen Eggyboff is a game that is played between sports teams, friends and even families. The rules of the game are simple, someone calls an Eggyboff by naming a rule. For example :"Next person to use the toilet is eggyboff".

If you become Eggyboff, no-one can talk to you or acknowledge you for the whole time they are Eggyboff. If someone else does talk to Eggyboff, they become Eggyboff until either someone talks to them, or a new rule is called.

It is best played in risky situations, such as a football match, "Next person to touch the ball is Eggyboff".

Next person to post on this thread is Eggyboff

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 21 Jun 2013 17:40

Lolz at all of the above

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by YateleyRoyal » 21 Jun 2013 17:43

muddyfeet Lolz at all of the above

:shock: :o

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 21 Jun 2013 17:56

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 21 Jun 2013 18:00

PieEater
Royal Lady It certainly can't have helped that McD didn't play him after the contract issue came up - there were talks he'd lost the dressing room - if you rated a colleague and thought they were good at their job, but because they wouldn't agree a new contract, your boss wouldn't give him any work and he was effectively on garden leave and you missed out on a massive contract with a client, which you thought you might have had a better chance of getting had your colleague been involved, then you'd be miffed too. I'm not saying for one moment that he would have saved our season, but we'll never know because McD appeared to be too bloody minded to play him and find out.

I always thought Squeaky did contracts, so does that mean that McD was under instructions from the DoF not to play him?

No, more like McD had no clue what to do in team selection as whatever happened we'd get gubbed. Question for me is why NA didn't select him, but then perhaps NA's question marks were really over what SM and AM could do at PL level rather than Monsieur Pearce

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Jun 2013 18:05

I think if McDermott had picked a better side earlier on (Pearce instead of Gorkss, Guthrie + Tabb / Legs with McAnuff in the hole, McCarthy instead of Fed) we'd have had a better chance of staying up, rather than basically no chance.

But the squad wasn't good enough to give more than a half chance even if he got everything right.

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 21 Jun 2013 21:52

Anyone else think Pearce looks like something outta beavers and butthead??

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 22 Jun 2013 02:59

Im gutted this pen15 signed a contract, could spend better money paying for disableds. They would be faster.

GreaterTorontoRoyal

Re: Alex Pearce

by GreaterTorontoRoyal » 22 Jun 2013 06:07

winchester_royal
MmmMonsterMunch Strangly I'm annoyed about this. Wanted Morro to get his chance. Just whiffs of Stephen Hunt again. If we are paying him 30k + pw that is stupid.

He better have a fcuking good season now.

Morro will get his chance. You can't go through a 46 game season with only 2 CB's.

Three words: Ingimarsson and Sonko. :wink:

Seriously, though, you're right. I highly doubt we will get as lucky as we did in 05/06.

Champ kind

by Champ kind » 22 Jun 2013 10:14

so what happend here then? did we offer what Pearce wanted or did he realise no one else was interested in him? dont get me wrong, he's a solid champ defender but i wouldnt have been gutted if he'd left. hopefully Nigel can get him passing along the floor and not just hoofing out of play!

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 22 Jun 2013 10:44

Champ kind so what happend here then? did we offer what Pearce wanted or did he realise no one else was interested in him? dont get me wrong, he's a solid champ defender but i wouldnt have been gutted if he'd left. hopefully Nigel can get him passing along the floor and not just hoofing out of play!

I think we all know the answer. Getting his to sign his contract in a corridor speaks volumes. He's been well and truly put in his place. Now? We move on......

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 22 Jun 2013 12:47

GreaterTorontoRoyal
winchester_royal
MmmMonsterMunch Strangly I'm annoyed about this. Wanted Morro to get his chance. Just whiffs of Stephen Hunt again. If we are paying him 30k + pw that is stupid.

Morro will get his chance. You can't go through a 46 game season with only 2 CB's.

Seriously, though, you're right. I highly doubt we will get as lucky as we did in 05/06.

We did. Last season we couldn't even make do with just two keepers.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 22 Jun 2013 19:08

GreaterTorontoRoyal
winchester_royal

I think Pearce and Gorkss started every league match in 2011/12 after Gorkss signed?

Winning formula!

559 posts