We dom't need 4 more

2 will do it

Shane & Gylfi

sorted

URZZZZZ

Re: So who else do we need? *Post Drenthe/Pearce/Bridge*

by URZZZZZ » 21 Jun 2013 23:38

Icant wait to see who we do get, Crosby said there will be a few more coming in
Last edited by URZZZZZ on 21 Jun 2013 23:40, edited 2 times in total.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 21 Jun 2013 23:38

Snowball We dom't need 4 more

2 will do it

Shane & Gylfi

sorted

Well it would be if it were realistic. No way Long will come back, no way. Why would WBA want to sell him?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 21 Jun 2013 23:39

URZZZZZ I treating to see who we do get, Crosby said there will be a few more coming in

Stills, Nash and Young?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 21 Jun 2013 23:39

Not expecting you to get that TBF.

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 21 Jun 2013 23:40

Lol

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 21 Jun 2013 23:46

2 will do it

Shane & Gylfi

sorted

I'd rather have my eyeballs ripped out with blunt spoons than have Mr Zero back so we can wait another 18 goalless games before he decides to score again whilst some jizz about him.

Gylfi though yes please.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Jun 2013 00:52

SCIAG From the end of last season, it looks like Adkins wants to play McAnuff centrally. HRK can provide cover for Drenthe and Kebe (which will mean coming on as a substitute a lot). It's McCleary I'm slightly concerned about, whilst he looks a reasonable player, I can't see him getting many games. Obita likewise.

Drenthe could easily be played centrally from what I've read. McAnuff doesn't have the goal threat to really excel there, but he was the best option available out of him, Guthrie, Akpan, Blackman, McCleary and HRK. Although HRK may have been ok.

Assuming Drenthe can actually play in the hole, and assuming Adkins doesn't want to play 4-4-2 in the Chump, I could definitely see McAnuff and Kebe (if fit otherwise HRK / McCleary) wide with Drenthe in the hole.

Ginger Ninjas

by Ginger Ninjas » 22 Jun 2013 02:05

Royal91 LB (back up)
ACM
ST (Height)
ST (Pace

This!

Jobi is not good enough in terms if passing or goalscoring to play AM, keep him on the wing.

If ALF and Pog stay then perhaps only need one striker.

Basildon

by Basildon » 22 Jun 2013 08:35

Ian Royal
SCIAG From the end of last season, it looks like Adkins wants to play McAnuff centrally. HRK can provide cover for Drenthe and Kebe (which will mean coming on as a substitute a lot). It's McCleary I'm slightly concerned about, whilst he looks a reasonable player, I can't see him getting many games. Obita likewise.

Drenthe could easily be played centrally from what I've read. McAnuff doesn't have the goal threat to really excel there, but he was the best option available out of him, Guthrie, Akpan, Blackman, McCleary and HRK. Although HRK may have been ok.

Assuming Drenthe can actually play in the hole, and assuming Adkins doesn't want to play 4-4-2 in the Chump, I could definitely see McAnuff and Kebe (if fit otherwise HRK / McCleary) wide with Drenthe in the hole.

Agreed, pretty sure Drenthe could do a job in CAM, though I would much rather have HRK playing wide than McAnuff. (Assuming he stays)

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 22 Jun 2013 08:44

Ginger Ninjas
Royal91 LB (back up)
ACM
ST (Height)
ST (Pace

This!

Jobi is not good enough in terms if passing or goalscoring to play AM, keep him on the wing.

If ALF and Pog stay then perhaps only need one striker.

Not so sure McAnuff will be at club come start of new season...

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 Jun 2013 11:53

I'd be looking to move on Federici, Kebe, Legiertwood, Carrico and pay off Roberts (even Carrici too) with his insurance as his career is most likely over (certainly the way I'd be planning if I were Adkins). I'd maybe look to offload one of the right backs as well, presumably Cummings as he's third choice, but potentially Kelly as he's likely top earner but also the least effective going forward.

That would leave room to bring in

Young left back
A number 10 who can create and chip in with a double figure goal tally (would love that to be someone like Tom Ince or even Nick Powell on loan from United, although this key position should be a long term player really)
A mobile number 9 to lead the line as we're obviously short up front (Austin has looked the part but I've high hopes for Pogrebnyak this season). If Pogrebnyak is staying we could do with some genuine pace though (someone like Frazier Campbell)
Another central midfielder to make it a choice of 4 alongside Guthrie, Karacan and Akpan (a signing like Dorrans would be ideal)

Really positive with the way things are progressing with Bridge and Drenthe coming in. I like the flexibility our attacking players offer and can see Drenthe, McAnuff, McLeary, Kebe and Robson-Kanu (if no more changes happen) interchanging a lot in the 3 attacking positions in a 4-2-3-1 kind of formation. I'm sure Adkins will be building the squad with lots of variations in formation in mind as he did that at Southampton.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 23 Jun 2013 12:24

Hoop Blah Another central midfielder to make it a choice of 4 alongside Guthrie, Karacan and Akpan (a signing like Dorrans would be ideal)

We have already got one, his name is Carrico, looked pretty handy the last time he played.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Jun 2013 12:56

2 world wars, 1 world cup

2 will do it. Shane & Gylfi sorted

I'd rather have my eyeballs ripped out with blunt spoons than have Mr Zero back so we can wait another 18 goalless games before he decides to score again whilst some jizz about him.
Gylfi though yes please.

Yup, that's right. 21 Championship goals(1 every 180 minutes) followed by 2 8-goal Prem season (1 goal every 270 minutes)

yep, the guy is hopeless. We won't get him, of course, (or even go for him) and my post was a wee joke, but Shane up front with the team
Adkins is putting together would get 25-30 goals 2013-14 in this side if he avoided injury

If we had him and Gylfi, we'd have a great chance of beating the 106 season.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 Jun 2013 14:34

72 bus
Hoop Blah Another central midfielder to make it a choice of 4 alongside Guthrie, Karacan and Akpan (a signing like Dorrans would be ideal)

We have already got one, his name is Carrico, looked pretty handy the last time he played.

A player we've not seen anywhere near enough of to judge, and one who's only played a handful of games in 18 months.

I'll be surprised if he plays more than another handful of games next season and I'd want another player available and chomping at the bit to play week in week out to give us the depth and competition required.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 23 Jun 2013 15:51

Hoop Blah
72 bus

A player we've not seen anywhere near enough of to judge, and one who's only played a handful of games in 18 months.

I'll be surprised if he plays more than another handful of games next season and I'd want another player available and chomping at the bit to play week in week out to give us the depth and competition required.

Anyone we could get that would be happy to sit on the bench i.e. a league one or academy player will not be anywhere near as talented as a player who, captained Sporting Lisbon and until recently had a buy out clause that would buy our entire first team a few times over.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 Jun 2013 16:01

It doesn't matter how talented he is if he's physically shot to pieces.

I don't want someone to sit on the bench. I want someone who thinks they're coming to start and leave Karacan or Guthrie on the bench! We'll need depth to the squad and I don't think Carrico will add that to be honest.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 23 Jun 2013 16:04

Hoop Blah It doesn't matter how talented he is if he's physically shot to pieces.

I don't want someone to sit on the bench. I want someone who thinks they're coming to start and leave Karacan or Guthrie on the bench! We'll need depth to the squad and I don't think Carrico will add that to be honest.

Last time I saw him play he did not look shot to pieces, anyone who watched his start against WBA would have come away thinking he was terminally broken.
But in his last appearance he looked fine, just short of fitness.

Wizard
Hob Nob Addict

by Wizard » 23 Jun 2013 16:26

A left back and a striker IMO. Aaron Cresswell and Gary Hooper would be perfect.

128 posts