Marussia F1 link-up

209 posts
Royalcop

Marussia F1 link-up

by Royalcop » 30 Jun 2013 10:41

:shock: Announced by the club today that we are now in partnership with the Marussia F1 team. Our badge will be displayed on their cars whilst we will wear their logo on the back of our shirts this season. I don't know much about F1 but this can surely only be a good thing in terms of raising our global profile?

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 86609.aspx

loyalroyaldaz

Re: Marussia F1 link-up

by loyalroyaldaz » 30 Jun 2013 10:48

At least the Logo will be visible. Its on the slowest car and at some point during the race it will be stationary with smoke coming out of the back.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 30 Jun 2013 11:11

It seems a little mystifying, as I can't see a single benefit to either party in this deal.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 30 Jun 2013 11:16

Least it's better than QPR/Caterham.

Don't Chelsea / Sauber have a similar deal?

Judge Drenthe

by Judge Drenthe » 30 Jun 2013 11:17

This really is the pitts.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 30 Jun 2013 11:20

http://www.pitpass.com/49380-Another-F1-Football-tie-up

I'm disappointed with the choice of logo. We might know Royals is Reading FC, but anyone outside of the UK will probably think they've linked up with the Royal family. :roll:

Rev Algenon Stickleback H It seems a little mystifying, as I can't see a single benefit to either party in this deal.

It's all about advertising the brand.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 30 Jun 2013 11:38

Time to back our team. The two Marussia drivers are 9000/1 and 10000/1 to win the British grand prix today. I like those odds

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 30 Jun 2013 11:45

Rev Algenon Stickleback H It seems a little mystifying, as I can't see a single benefit to either party in this deal.

Really? You can't see a single benefit to our logo being visible in a sport that attracts over half a billion TV viewers every season?

Fair enough.

southbank senior

by southbank senior » 30 Jun 2013 11:49

i am very relieved to see that it's a small logo...........because that means not too much money is being spent by RFC!
F1 teams get money by either scoring points (how many points have marussia got?) or fleecing sponsors....the more money a sponsor parts with then the bigger the graphics on the car and paneling in the pit garage.
I am hoping that no money is being parted with by RFC and that it is simply a reciprocal deal for advertising.
i have spent over 25 years working in motor racing, a lot of that time being in F1 and i know there are some very dodgy individuals involved in some of these teams,
i hope RFC have done their due dilligence!!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 30 Jun 2013 11:51

You have to wonder, with a fanbase like this, why the club even bother sometimes...

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Jun 2013 11:54

Cynical hat on:

A nice opportunity for some people at the club to enjoy some F1 Sponsors' Hospitality.

Odds on JM managing to get in camera shot today?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 30 Jun 2013 12:00

winchester_royal You have to wonder, with a fanbase like this, why the club even bother sometimes...

Ennit. It's a good move by the club. I had fcuk all interest in F1 when I woke up and now I've got a team, even if they are the worst team out there. Hopefully it'll work both ways.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 30 Jun 2013 12:07

winchester_royal

Really? You can't see a single benefit to our logo being visible in a sport that attracts over half a billion TV viewers every season?

Fair enough.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 30 Jun 2013 12:11

Pepe the Horseman
winchester_royal You have to wonder, with a fanbase like this, why the club even bother sometimes...

Ennit. It's a good move by the club. I had fcuk all interest in F1 when I woke up and now I've got a team, even if they are the worst team out there. Hopefully it'll work both ways.

I've already had a good 15 minute swoon over my new favourite race-driver.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Jun 2013 12:17

winchester_royal

Fair enough.

There's is of course a benefit with that. Unfortunately slightly negated by the fact the team we're associating ourselves with are absolute shite.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 30 Jun 2013 12:17

sandman
winchester_royal

Fair enough.

There's is of course a benefit with that. Unfortunately slightly negated by the fact the team we're associating ourselves with are absolute shite.

Yeah, if only we'd had the gumption to see if Ferrari fancied displaying our logo

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 30 Jun 2013 12:20

winchester_royal
Pepe the Horseman

I've already had a good 15 minute swoon over my new favourite race-driver.

FIT. I'm going to show my support by backing him at 16/1 to be the first driver to retire today

Judge Drenthe

by Judge Drenthe » 30 Jun 2013 12:23

I think this is brilliant news for the club. Some of fans are still stuck in the 80's and 90's and think small. Since Anton took over, we have been creating partnerships all over the world to expand and advertise our brand. With that comes better sponsorship deals, more support, more advertising, everything. The club grows and so does our brand!

The fans need to catch up with the pace the club is developing. This is very exciting. It's baffling that some are finding things to moan about with this.

According to the OS we will advertise the MURUSSIA logo on the back of our shirts, I assume under the players number.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 30 Jun 2013 12:25

I hear in support of this new partnership he'll be doing a Kebe retiring with a groin injury after 10 laps.

Wipped
Location: If happy ever after did exist, I'd still be holding you like this

by Wipped » 30 Jun 2013 12:44

well hello mr blue eyes. did the club say they are based in the thames valley? :P

how can anyone moan at this? our logo is on show every race to hundreds of millions of people. this is great for the club.

209 posts