SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: Rumour: Le Fondre to.......

by SPARTA » 27 Jun 2013 08:32

maffff .....Huddersfield on a season long loan? :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.huddersfield.vitalfootball.c ... p?a=322935

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/84688/alf

He's also apparently in talks with Leicester RIGHT NOW according to twitterfolks. :roll:

They do this EVERY window. Idiots.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 27 Jun 2013 10:49

But if we don't get rid how are we going to keep Austin, Hooper and Crouch happy? :o

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 27 Jun 2013 11:01

bigmike The reason he was not very effective in the games he started under Mcdermott is down to 1 reason. Mcdermott.

:lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Jun 2013 11:16

Alf is too good for huddersfield. Maybe leicester if adkins doesn't want him but I doubt it. Hes proved hes great off the bench. And with good service from our wingers and midfield he'll be lethal alongside pog or roberts.

Niko

by Niko » 27 Jun 2013 13:01

Yes, ALF is too good for Huddersfield, but then so was Beckford...

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 27 Jun 2013 13:19

bigmike The reason he was not very effective in the games he started under Mcdermott is down to 1 reason. Mcdermott.

Christ.

Not fussed if Le Fondre goes. Vastly overrated player.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 27 Jun 2013 13:50

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: Rumour - Le Fondre To West Brom

by SPARTA » 02 Jul 2013 13:18

Idiot Leeds types tweeting Alf back today asking why he was tweeting whilst having a medical at Bellend Road. He replied that he was at home in Reading. :lol:

They really do believe he will go there.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 02 Jul 2013 13:23

SPARTA Idiot Leeds types tweeting Alf back today asking why he was tweeting whilst having a medical at Bellend Road. He replied that he was at home in Reading. :lol:

They are a 'big' club, we are not (in their eyes), ergo any player will want to join them rather than us. Yet another 'big' team that just cannot grasp the fact that they are aren't big anymore.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 02 Jul 2013 14:04

SPARTA Idiot Leeds types tweeting Alf back today asking why he was tweeting whilst having a medical at Bellend Road. He replied that he was at home in Reading. :lol:

In defence of the Leeds bellends it seems said offending tweet was actually from a Reading bellend

Adam Le Fondre ‏@A1F1E9 1h “@rustyroyale: @A1F1E9 you have time to tweet while having a medical at Elland Road? #saddos”huh???? I'm sat in my house in reading?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Jul 2013 16:30

Libertine Le Fondre was not very effective in the games he started the last 2 seasons. He made vital contributions off the bench which is the role I would expect him to be in next season if not loaned out/sold.

Contributing to this is he was partnered with Church when starting in the Championship. So I think you can discount that. And last season was a bit pants for striker service alround, so I don't think you can draw too much from that either.

The fact is he's good at taking chances when he gets them. Feed him and he'll score.

jellytot

by jellytot » 02 Jul 2013 16:44

Elm Park Pasty

They are a 'big' club, we are not (in their eyes), ergo any player will want to join them rather than us. Yet another 'big' team that just cannot grasp the fact that they are aren't big anymore.

Leeds do not have more than 10 pence to throw at players so I doubt it. ALF would be worth 3 to 4 million minimum based on the fact that he has scored a number of goals in the prem. We would want a VERY good fee as some of it will go to Rotherham.. I doubt Leeds have the cash. Leicester might do.. but have spent a lot recently with no real reward. Think he needs to show he can score a load of goals starting first then he can try to move on. When he has had a run starting the goals have not really gone in for him.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 02 Jul 2013 16:54

jellytot Leeds do not have more than 10 pence to throw at players so I doubt it.

They just signed a player for £1m.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 02 Jul 2013 22:44

Leeds think they are getting Le Fondre, and instead they are getting.....Noel Hunt.

Rumour has it Hunt has already agreed personal terms and signed for the club. I'm sure Championship defences are quaking with fear...

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 02 Jul 2013 22:59

RoyallyFcuked Leeds think they are getting Le Fondre, and instead they are getting.....Noel Hunt.

Rumour has it Hunt has already agreed personal terms and signed for the club. I'm sure Championship defences are quaking with fear...

He'll get at least 10 goals next season, possibly 15. He will also set up a load for McCormack and will be a handful for defenders. He's a decent forward and was a good player for us.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 03 Jul 2013 02:50

MouldyRoyal
RoyallyFcuked Leeds think they are getting Le Fondre, and instead they are getting.....Noel Hunt.

He'll get at least 10 goals next season, possibly 15. He will also set up a load for McCormack and will be a handful for defenders. He's a decent forward and was a good player for us.

nope sorry mate. even when he was younger he never got 15 goals. the closest he got was 13 and that included the cup matches...he has been in decline ever since. i do agree however that he will set up other strikers for goals next season. he would be very fortunate to get 10 goals himself though...

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 03 Jul 2013 08:08

RoyallyFcuked Rumour has it Hunt has already agreed personal terms and signed for the club. I'm sure Championship defences are quaking with fear...

Yorkshire Post says they are paying him £12k a week. :shock:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 03 Jul 2013 11:33

USA_Loyal_Royal
MouldyRoyal

nope sorry mate. even when he was younger he never got 15 goals. the closest he got was 13 and that included the cup matches...he has been in decline ever since. i do agree however that he will set up other strikers for goals next season. he would be very fortunate to get 10 goals himself though...

?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Jul 2013 12:24

Didn't he break his foot after Darren Moore stood on him in the season he scored 13? Would've scored more that year if it wasn't for that.

Surprised people are still unaware of what his role in the team was.

Also LOL at USA_Loyal_Royal using the word "mate" to talk to the English people. :wink:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Jul 2013 12:51

USA_Loyal_Royal
MouldyRoyal

If he can play 46 matches, he's quite capable of scoring 15. Injuries, or in one case a lack of a decent partner for half a season have held him back from achieving it.

796 posts