The Non - League thread

10749 posts
Royalist

Re: Non - League thread 2013/14

by Royalist » 02 Jul 2013 20:02

Hearing that along with conference fixtures the tv deal will be confirmed tomorrow. If the rumours are true the conference will have more games on tv than leagues 1 and 2! :shock:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 03 Jul 2013 09:54

Royalist Hearing that along with conference fixtures the tv deal will be confirmed tomorrow. If the rumours are true the conference will have more games on tv than leagues 1 and 2! :shock:

Pretty standard. Was the one and only benefit of Torquay being in the Conf we were on TV nearly every week.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 03 Jul 2013 12:59

Christof
Four Of Clubs 04 Division One South & West features five new clubs:
Four clubs transferred from Division One Central:
Fleet Town
Godalming Town
Guildford City
Thatcham Town

Stratford Town, champions of the Midland Football Alliance

Excellent summary as ever FoC - Godalming and Guildford are both appealing against the move from D1C to D1S&W, which I think should be decided this week sometime. This has a knock-on effect with fixtures, as none of the Central or S&W ones can be finalised until the outcome is known.

Considering that Egham Town have been placed in S1C, I can't see what Guildford and Godalming are whinging about.

Thought I would throw in that I believe the FA Competitions will have their first draw this Friday.

And great work 4oC. Without doubt, the best thread on HNA?

Royalist

by Royalist » 03 Jul 2013 13:12

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/new ... s_id=10089

Confirmation of the BT Sport TV deal. Almost feels out of place posting in the non league thread as there is such a clear gap these days!

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 03 Jul 2013 19:04

Terminal Boardom
Thought I would throw in that I believe the FA Competitions will have their first draw this Friday.

And great work 4oC. Without doubt, the best thread on HNA?

...aw thanks TB :oops: - ya big lug! :lol:

... and indeed draws due to be released for early rounds of FA Cup, Vase, Trophy & Youth Cup this Friday 5th July.

Tad Showbiz

by Tad Showbiz » 03 Jul 2013 20:44

Conference South fixtures out today. Maidenhead start with a trip to Whitehawk on 17th August then two consecutive home games v H&Y on Tuesday 20th and Farnborough on Saturday 24th.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 03 Jul 2013 21:38

I believe the Combined Counties matches start on Sat 3rd Aug and reportedly the Wessex League will have at least one match scheduled for the Fri evening - doubtful if it'll be local as most likely to be a Premier fixture.

.... though that might of course involve Whitchurch?

CCL fixtures due out after the Ryman later this month not sure about Wessex.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 04 Jul 2013 16:59

Four Of Clubs I believe the Combined Counties matches start on Sat 3rd Aug and reportedly the Wessex League will have at least one match scheduled for the Fri evening - doubtful if it'll be local as most likely to be a Premier fixture.

.... though that might of course involve Whitchurch?

CCL fixtures due out after the Ryman later this month not sure about Wessex.

I would expect CCL fixtures around w/c 22 July, however, Guildford City's and Godalming's appeals to being moved to SL1S&W may throw a spanner in the works what with groundshares etc.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 04 Jul 2013 21:15

Terminal Boardom
I would expect CCL fixtures around w/c 22 July, however, Guildford City's and Godalming's appeals to being moved to SL1S&W may throw a spanner in the works what with groundshares etc.

.. appeals unsuccessful but reportedly sympathetically received.

FA have resolved to revisit STEP04 allocations for 14/15

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 05 Jul 2013 09:50

And the clubs have been financially compensated due to the enforced change.

Not saying it's wrong but I find that surprising.

http://godalmingtownfc.co.uk/gt/outcome-of-fa-appeal/ Godalming Town have received the outcome of the club’s joint appeal with Guildford City held at Wembley Stadium. The appeal was against the FA’s decision to switch the club into the South & West Division of the Southern League.

The Appeal Board noted our concerns that there were at least two other clubs in the Central Division who would have significantly less mileage, overall travelling time and costs than ourselves if they were placed in the South & West Division instead (and that overall mileage in the division would reduce). Furthermore the Appeal Board noted that a 24/20 division split would also reduce overall mileage, travelling times and costs for the two divisions as a whole. Finally, the Appeal Board noted that this would be Godalming Town’s third Step 4 division in as many seasons.

The two clubs presented an extremely robust case and whilst the Appeal Board were sympathetic, they were unable to conclude that the original decision was technically “unreasonable”. The Appeal was therefore dismissed.

However, the FA have recognised the unusual nature of the situation and have awarded both club’s a significant sum of compensation to mitigate the economic factors involved. Furthermore, the Appeal Board have instructed the FA Leagues Committee to conduct a comprehensive review of Step 4 and the allocation procedure prior to the 2014/15 season. The outcome is final and binding.

Godalming Town wish to thank Guildford City for their assistance with the appeal and now wish to draw a line under the subject.

We look forward to meeting new friends in the South & West Division and will guarantee our opponents a first class welcome at Wey Court.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 05 Jul 2013 17:36

Reading Town have new owners. Sounds very positive for the club.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/readingto ... 84878.html

Battersea and Wandsworth Trade Union Council Trading (BWTUC Trading) are pleased to announce the purchase of the majority shareholding of Reading Town Football Club.

Having worked with the club as a silent partner for several years BWTUC feels that now is an appropriate opportunity to expand our relationship with the football club. Our aims are to gradually upgrade the facilities at our Scours Lane facility to provide the local community with a facility that the town of Reading can be proud of. While we do not anticipate this happening overnight we have already begun this process and this will continue for the foreseeable future until we are satisfied we have achieved our goals. Alongside this we aim to put in place an infrastructure and operating procedures which we hope will provide the platform to develop the club further both and off the pitch.

We would also like to announce Natalie Newby as CEO with Shirley Lane-Smith as the club's new financial director. We would also like to pass on record our thanks to Roland Ford and Stan Bembenek for their assistance during the takeover process. Roland will remain as the club chairman.

We are pleased that Colin Millard has accepted our offer to remain as the club's first team manager. Colin's wealth of experience, contacts and general standing within game reflect the image that BWTUC wish to promote for the club. In addition to his coaching duties Colin has also been asked to assume responsibility for the day-to-day operation at the football club. We appreciate Colin's role has expanded dramatically within our operation but we have every confidence in him to help us improve the club. While we aim to provide Colin with the resources he requires to improve the football side of the club economic restrictions will not permit us to extravagantly spend on the team. Of course we will support Colin as much as we possible can but with the changes we are making we hope that long term the club will become self-sufficient.

We have secured a kit sponsorship deal with GMB Southern, for which we wish to thank them, and hope for long and successful future together. We have also secured Macron has our preferred kit supplier and again we thank them for their assistance so far.

We believe we have a very exciting future ahead of us. We hope our supporters embrace the changes we are making and continue to get fully behind Colin and his team.
Last updated by james bell | 5th July 2013

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 06 Jul 2013 11:30

Official FA site complete b0££0(&$ as usual when it comes to easy access to its competition fixtures in a readable format - rumour has it the Vase and Trophy draws are in there somewhere - but since its up first - here's the FA Cup Extra-Prelim round - need to scroll down past the northern ties - starts to get 'local' at around tie number 100

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/News/2013 ... round.aspx

...fewer STEP06 clubs were allowed entry this season - something to do with a larger number of clubs at STEP03/04 in the Pyramid for 13/14. the cut-off point was worked out on a points per game quotient from last season.

Won't look too far ahead yet - though the Prelim and 1st Qualifying rounds draws are on the site too - however of note: Guernsey's inaugural dip into the competition at the next stage (31st Aug) takes them all the way to Crawley Down [Gatwick] - probably the shortest trip they'll have had to make on the mainland - will spend longer waiting for their luggage!

Having a very brief scan through - I've picked out a few of our 'local faves':

Tadley v Ascot
Bracknell v Fairford
Bedfont Sports v Abingdon Utd
Camberley v Chinnor
RTFC v Wantage
Flackwell v Binfield
Newbury v Windsor
Abingdon Town v Highmoor/IBIS
Kidlington v H.Wintney
Hallen v Whitchurch Utd

EDIT:WHOAH - missed out a humdinger of a Derby - the Tennis Court End Posse with their hordes of razor-toothed attack Papillons :lol: will be slavering in prospect of:

Frimley Green v Ash Utd

... board up your windows ye gentlefolk of Frimley!

... however RFC home games plant themselves across most of the early tie dates for the FA Cup this season :( so doubt if I'll get to many unless I pick out Friday/Sunday ties.

Will point these out over the next few weeks as we get nearer the KO date for this round of 17th August.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 06 Jul 2013 22:25

One8Seven1 Reading Town have new owners. Sounds very positive for the club.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/readingto ... 84878.html

Battersea and Wandsworth Trade Union Council Trading (BWTUC Trading) are pleased to announce the purchase of the majority shareholding of Reading Town Football Club.

etc, etc, etc

What possible reason could Battersea and Wandsworth TUC have to purchase a football club completely outside the region of their council? How very bizarre. You'd have thought that they'd have purchased Wandsworth Town or Battersea Terriers...

Royalist

by Royalist » 08 Jul 2013 13:29

Slough forum has gone. MyFC's doing?

Very odd goings on at Reading Town. New ground in the not too distant future?

Christof

by Christof » 08 Jul 2013 13:43

Royalist Slough forum has gone. MyFC's doing?

It's still there. Apparently won the final vote. Not sure what it means yet though, fans forum this week for more info.

Royalist

by Royalist » 08 Jul 2013 13:45

Not for me but i don't have an account on those forums so i guess it's just for unregistered. Timed to perfection with the MYFC thing!

Christof

by Christof » 08 Jul 2013 14:21

Indeed, conspiracy theories abound! They have made it a 'unofficial' forum again, as there were so many rumours about new and old players flying around that it was becoming disruptive, so it isn't linked from the Official site any more, but still searchable via Google etc.

Don't know what to make of the MyFC thing yet as it is not clear what's in it for either party, although it has been stated that they are not looking to 'do an Ebbsfleet' again.

Royalist

by Royalist » 08 Jul 2013 22:03

Certainly not logging into see fans who still think slough are a big non league club moan. Guess thats what Slough want. 10K from sponsors if true is a very nice deal. No idea but i bet that is close to the rent these days!!

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 09 Jul 2013 17:41

Apparently appeals by Thurrock and Tilbury have been dismissed by the FA and league.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 09 Jul 2013 22:17

Royalist Certainly not logging into see fans who still think slough are a big non league club moan. Guess thats what Slough want. 10K from sponsors if true is a very nice deal. No idea but i bet that is close to the rent these days!!

They're not moaning!

10749 posts