Brian: The right decision?

3714 posts

Have the club done the right thing to sack Brian today?

Yes
51%
No
40%
Not sure
9%

Total votes: 568
Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Brian: The right decision?

by Schards#2 » 29 Jul 2013 16:48

Woodcote Royal I'm certainly having a dig at those claiming to be impartial when this is clearly not the case.

Adkins has had long enough to be producing more from the squad at his disposal. This includes what is now an entire close season following on from the back end of our failed Premiership campaign.

Brian McDermott and nearly every other manager in this division can only dream of having a squad like ours yet he still hasn't found a way to get it to score at home or beat either club from Bristol :| That's an effing poor summer in my book and he's got 5 days to get this Premiership squad performing like Championship favourites or, face playing catch up in a division we should be taking by storm.

:lol:

One game, a friendly, against one of the top ten sides in the country

Some things never change, Woodcote's idiocy being one them

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 29 Jul 2013 16:52

He makes a good point at the end though. If we lose our first game we’re screwed, I could never see us losing at home on the opening day of the season and then going on to have a successful campaign.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 29 Jul 2013 16:54

We still banging on about this..
For Fecks sake Move on.....

.......oh

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 29 Jul 2013 17:07

Woodcote Royal I'm just saying it's not a great start given the strength of his squad.........................I don't want him sacked.

The season has not started yet though...

Don't you know that friendlies mean nothing if you lose, but everything if you win...

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 29 Jul 2013 17:43

Schards#2
Woodcote Royal I'm certainly having a dig at those claiming to be impartial when this is clearly not the case.

Adkins has had long enough to be producing more from the squad at his disposal. This includes what is now an entire close season following on from the back end of our failed Premiership campaign.

Brian McDermott and nearly every other manager in this division can only dream of having a squad like ours yet he still hasn't found a way to get it to score at home or beat either club from Bristol :| That's an effing poor summer in my book and he's got 5 days to get this Premiership squad performing like Championship favourites or, face playing catch up in a division we should be taking by storm.

:lol:

One game, a friendly, against one of the top ten sides in the country

Some things never change, Woodcote's idiocy being one them

If you've forgotten both Bristol games already, perhaps it's the Alzheimers factor we need to factor into all your posts from now on.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Jul 2013 17:52

Were they at home? :|

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 29 Jul 2013 18:27

The Millwall reporter (Aldo) has commented today on McDermott not being happy at Leeds. Seems there may be more to it than just fans speculating.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 29 Jul 2013 18:35

Woodcote giving WR's a bad name here...didn't even think that was possible tbh

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 29 Jul 2013 18:41

winchester_royal Woodcote giving WR's a bad name here...didn't even think that was possible tbh

indeed :D

Cypry

by Cypry » 29 Jul 2013 19:02

I assume you're having a pop at me there, amongst others....

What you seem to be too thick to understand, is that it's equally possible to have given McDermott full support, and also to support Adkins - the two aren't mutually exclusive....

I supported Brian through thick and thin, but, at the end of the day I think it was the correct decision to wave him goodbye. He failed to spend money that was available, the money he did spend, wasn't spent very effectively, and he was shown to be tactically naive in the Premiership. That's not to say that I don't admire him for what he achieved in previous seasons, far from it, he worked miracles. However, I think that he had reached the end of the road here, and probably would've gone sooner had he not picked up the manager of the month award....in response to the original question, yes, it was the right decision....

Is Adkins the right replacement? Time will tell - I certainly fear that we could see something like the Rodgers situation, and I do hope he's given time to change the way that we play the game. For now, there are positive signs, but we undoubtedly have some way to go in terms of getting the best from this squad.....

Does this mean I'm in any way "impartial"? No, of course not....

However, what I do object to is the way some people are implying that McDermott was either hounded out, or in some way hard done by.......at the end of the day, his approach (both in the transfer market, and on the pitch) was failing dismally when it came to keeping us in the Premier League, and football management is an unforgiving profession. I'm sure he knew the writing was on the wall when he failed to win those six pointers....

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 29 Jul 2013 19:48

Bloody hell this threads gone up by another 3 pages.

Can't be bothered to go through all the arguments/pages, so can someone tell me the essence of the latest argument.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 29 Jul 2013 20:44

Royal91 Bloody hell this threads gone up by another 3 pages.

Can't be bothered to go through all the arguments/pages, so can someone tell me the essence of the latest argument.

YES is the answer but for some bizarre reason becasue I am told this is a "discussion forum" people still want to ask the same old question.

Will they get over it? Probably not.

Wipped
Location: If happy ever after did exist, I'd still be holding you like this

by Wipped » 29 Jul 2013 21:09

there are rumours brian was talked out of resigning last week. since then bates and another director have left the club. it seems he's gone to a club where all his nightmares are coming true in that a new owner is dictating far too much. should just let him get on with it.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 29 Jul 2013 21:13

Haag Royal
Royal91 Bloody hell this threads gone up by another 3 pages.

Will they get over it? Probably not.

Nail on the head

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Jul 2013 21:27

I do believe I predicted that a move to Leeds would end in tears for Brian.

Good manager he may be but he is just not suited to a club like Leeds.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Jul 2013 22:31

McDermott whoaaaooaa, he says they'll pass the ball, the Leeds fans he will fool.

McDermott, whoooaaaooaa, just launch the ball up front, in the air to Noel Hunt.

McDermott, whoooaoooaaa, the tactics of a clown, and Leeds are going down.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 29 Jul 2013 23:34

Royalee McDermott whoaaaooaa, he says they'll pass the ball, the Leeds fans he will fool.

McDermott, whoooaaaooaa, just launch the ball up front, in the air to Noel Hunt.

McDermott, whoooaoooaaa, the tactics of a clown, and Leeds are going down.

That's quite clever. I like that.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 29 Jul 2013 23:35

I think that everyone accepts that we'd have more chance of being promoted if Brian was still manager, but we've all got to give Neil Atkins our full support.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 29 Jul 2013 23:42

Bandini I think that everyone accepts that we'd have more chance of being promoted if Brian was still manager, but we've all got to give Neil Atkins our full support.

Not just about getting promoted or we would just end back up where we are again. The club needs to evolve its footballing philosophy right down to the academy. I'd happily hang around in the champ for the next 3 seasons to eventually get promoted and do a Swansea/West brom.

A team playing slicker PL football

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 30 Jul 2013 01:16

Bandini I think that everyone accepts that we'd have more chance of being promoted if Brian was still manager, but we've all got to give Neil Atkins our full support.

I've defo been picking this vibe up over the last 70 or so pages. A lot of people wouldn't come out and say it straight but i can read between the lines

3714 posts