Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

3245 posts
One8Seven1

Re: Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

by One8Seven1 » 02 Aug 2013 20:45

RFCUK Anyone know whether or not I can listen to BBRB online outside of the UK during game time? Going to Spain tomorrow, and will be in the villa in time for the 2nd half.

Via Reading World you can, can't you? It's cheap - sign up.

RFCUK

by RFCUK » 02 Aug 2013 21:23

Have had it the past two seasons, but decided not to carry on with it now I referee at 2pm on Saturdays.. I'll hopefully get it to work tomorrow..

southbank senior

by southbank senior » 02 Aug 2013 22:43

i subscribed to reading player a couple of days ago but i cant get it to play video, ive updated flash player etc and even disabled my computer security...but still no video although the test video before subscribing worked fine........im now getting concerned that the audio isnt going to work tomorrow.
but i have just found hospital radio reading on tune in smartphone app, should i expect that to work?
cheers

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Aug 2013 09:50

Twitter message could be misleading but expect Birmingham home now to be a Friday night along with Wednesday away.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 05 Aug 2013 10:19

southbank senior i subscribed to reading player a couple of days ago but i cant get it to play video, ive updated flash player etc and even disabled my computer security...but still no video although the test video before subscribing worked fine........im now getting concerned that the audio isnt going to work tomorrow.
but i have just found hospital radio reading on tune in smartphone app, should i expect that to work?
cheers

Too late for Ipswich I realise, but for future reference you can ONLY listen to the Reading games online via Reading Player. BBC Berkshire don't have the rights to broadcast matches online and they used to cut the transmission at exactly 3pm. As Reading Player don't actually start transmitting until half hour before the game (sometimes last season it was just 5 minutes before) I would log in to BBC Berkshire via something like TuneIn Radio or BBC iPlayer to get the pre-match build up and then switch over to Player for the match. However, this Saturday BBC Berkshire didn't work online at all and the Player transmission started at 2pm.

As others have said, if you want to guarantee to be able to hear the game, I would subscribe to Player. You can do it monthly (£4.99) or yearly (£41 ish) and get lots of video highlights and interviews to watch as well.

The other way to do it is to Skype somebody who can listen to BBC Berkshire on their radio and have their computer next to it. Bit of a faff though when it's only £41 for the season...

Edit: Sorry, realise you have subscribed and your comment was about getting video and sound to work. Trust it worked okay on Saturday for you? Was okay for me apart from the commentary (and Adie's talk) was far too loud and distorted and then any pre-recorded interviews were barely audible at all.

southbank senior

by southbank senior » 05 Aug 2013 10:33

thanks Rawlie,
i did get it working about an hour before the match......not sure what i did!
i had about 4 drop outs of about 30 seconds each, is that normal?
cheers

southbank senior

by southbank senior » 05 Aug 2013 10:41

i turned the iplayer volume right down and the computer volume down, that took the edge off of the distortion.
i reckon they need to turn their gain knobs down!!
cheers

redscot

by redscot » 05 Aug 2013 10:57

Rawlie19
southbank senior The other way to do it is to Skype somebody who can listen to BBC Berkshire on their radio and have their computer next to it. Bit of a faff though when it's only £41 for the season...

That sounds like a good idea. I someone can broadcast live matches, then live commentary should be easy peasy. It is only "a bit of faff" for one person. Just seems strange you can watch games with ease, but listen - no that is mission impossible. Maybe someone out there might be able to clear this up.

ronnyroyal

highlights on sky website

by ronnyroyal » 05 Aug 2013 12:08

not sure if this has already been mentioned and didn't want to put it in the 'on the box/internet' thread as i think that is aimed at streaming.

anyway, looks like we can get decent highlights on the aformentioned webiste

http://www1.skysports.com/footballleague/

plus if you look around theres goals of the week videos - which guthrie is in there for.

i know football league show is on iPlayer these days, but you can skip manish and qpr/leeds/any northern team and go straigh to us.

p.s. it works fine at my work place, and we're pretty secure so should be good for most.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: highlights on sky website

by Platypuss » 05 Aug 2013 12:19

What do you think the "box" bit refers to?

PS - we're on from 1'10''

ronnyroyal

Re: highlights on sky website

by ronnyroyal » 05 Aug 2013 12:25

Platypuss What do you think the "box" bit refers to?

would you like an example:

'ay up, shall we sit down and see what's on the box?'

not quite - 'ah i have 5 minutes, i'll check the sky site and see if the highlights are on yet'

well done.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 05 Aug 2013 12:41

So the "...on the Internet" part fits then.....

ronnyroyal

by ronnyroyal » 05 Aug 2013 12:47

TBM So the "...on the Internet" part fits then.....

again, assumed this was for the piracy / streaming part of games. hadn't seen this before so got a bit excited, i did a wee and started a new topic i'm sorry

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 05 Aug 2013 12:50

Piracy? Not sure what you're on about there.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 09 Aug 2013 16:21

Now First Row Sports has been blocked.Well it has for me being on BT what other good streaming sites are there? is it just VIP Box thats avalible now?

Fluffin

by Fluffin » 09 Aug 2013 16:38

super darren caskey Now First Row Sports has been blocked.Well it has for me being on BT what other good streaming sites are there? is it just VIP Box thats avalible now?

Here is a big list.

http://www.similarsitesearch.com/altern ... wsports.eu

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 09 Aug 2013 16:41

Fluffin
super darren caskey Now First Row Sports has been blocked.Well it has for me being on BT what other good streaming sites are there? is it just VIP Box thats avalible now?

Here is a big list.

http://www.similarsitesearch.com/altern ... wsports.eu

Nice

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 09 Aug 2013 16:44

VipBox is the main one I use usually.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 09 Aug 2013 16:57

Im getting a feeling that this could be the start of the end for watching free sport online

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 09 Aug 2013 20:45

super darren caskey Im getting a feeling that this could be the start of the end for watching free sport online

Hell, I'd PAY if I could even get the coverage. And just found out that I can't even get the audio streams of the matches through Player on a mobile device. Blame the licensing lawyers (err. barristers).

Question - anyone subscribe to Player to view the entire matches? If so, any way to actually access the vids WITHOUT knowing the score? I'm kind of picky that way...

3245 posts