Match thread - Bolton (a) sponsored by Archie's penalty

222 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Match thread - Bolton (a) sponsored by Archie's penalty

by Ian Royal » 10 Aug 2013 17:12

Very happy with the result. Pleased for Blackman to get on the score sheet. But lets face it, a penalty was pretty much the only contribution he made. A failed experiment starting him upfront based on that showing.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Aug 2013 17:13

:|

Improved after the goal 'pparently.

First goal for the club maybe that's all he needs.
Last edited by sandman on 10 Aug 2013 17:19, edited 2 times in total.

Ralph Jolly

by Ralph Jolly » 10 Aug 2013 17:17

BBC just shown the goals. Coolly taken penalty

thirtyyarder

by thirtyyarder » 10 Aug 2013 17:20

Ian Royal Very happy with the result. Pleased for Blackman to get on the score sheet. But lets face it, a penalty was pretty much the only contribution he made. A failed experiment starting him upfront based on that showing.

I mentioned this earlier on. I think that Alf has had enough opportunity to show what he can do up front, for me he hasn't shown enough to start every week, Pogs clearly not in the mood, this leaves us with Blackman and Samuel to try. Lets at least give them a chance before we decree them failures.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 10 Aug 2013 17:25

Bolton better 1st half. Reading better 2nd.

Decent result, but from open play we look toothless in front of goal.

Right now we don't have the most important player in the formation we are trying to play. That man up front. 10/11 players who fit this system is simply not enough if the striker is not right.

We need a big man up front with touch, strength and a finish. Crouch? Jones? Other suggestions?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Aug 2013 17:31

Think we should go for Ady Williams' favourite Ola Shameobi or Mick Gooding's mate David Ndog.

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 10 Aug 2013 17:56

Bandini
southbank1871 First Jew ever to score for Reading?

Lee Nogan.

Les Gaunt, who changed his name from Goldberg.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 10 Aug 2013 20:54

Ian Royal Very happy with the result. Pleased for Blackman to get on the score sheet. But lets face it, a penalty was pretty much the only contribution he made. A failed experiment starting him upfront based on that showing.

You went to the game then?

He did ok

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 10 Aug 2013 20:56

He battled against two huge CB's, linked play well, had a good first touch and scored.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 10 Aug 2013 21:15

Royal91

He battled against two huge CB's, linked play well, had a good first touch and scored.

A battle which he lost. Didn't link play well at all, at one point he tried to make a 3 yard pass and prodded the ball out for a throw. Marginally better after his goal. First touch was poor, took ages to control most of the balls into him. Very cool penalty however

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Aug 2013 21:19

LoyalRoyal22

You went to the game then?

He did ok

Given this is the Match Thread, what do you think chuckles?

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 10 Aug 2013 21:21

I think that will be are weak link this year scoring goals, i cant see any of them scoring 20 plus this season especially playing one up front. I thought Pog would be are man main but he looks like he cant be arsed

Hope im wrong

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Aug 2013 21:31

ManchesterRoyals I think that will be are weak link this year scoring goals, i cant see any of them scoring 20 plus this season especially playing one up front. I thought Pog would be are man main but he looks like he cant be arsed

Hope im wrong

You don't need someone to get 20+. It certainly helps, but we've had strikers get 30+ and not go up and gone up with a top scorer on 14 ish. If someone doesn't get a score we'll need to have a tight defence and / or several chipping in with 10 - 15 though.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 10 Aug 2013 21:37

Ian Royal
ManchesterRoyals I think that will be are weak link this year scoring goals, i cant see any of them scoring 20 plus this season especially playing one up front. I thought Pog would be are man main but he looks like he cant be arsed

Hope im wrong

You don't need someone to get 20+. It certainly helps, but we've had strikers get 30+ and not go up and gone up with a top scorer on 14 ish. If someone doesn't get a score we'll need to have a tight defence and / or several chipping in with 10 - 15 though.

So are u happy with the strike force that we have at the mo?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Aug 2013 21:43

Not ideal, I've not seen a lot to be impressed with Blackman yet, ALF I rate, Pog if he stays and has desire is good. But our depth is weak with Roberts injury and the kids / playing people out of position. We don't have anyone ideal for the system we're trying to play.

A striker wouldn't go amiss, but only at the right price for the right player. I'm sure we're actively looking. To a certain extent, and against my better judgement, I'd rather we didn't buy one as I really want to see ALF play and flourish.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Aug 2013 21:45

Ian Royal Not ideal, I've not seen a lot to be impressed with Blackman yet, ALF I rate, Pog if he stays and has desire is good. But our depth is weak with Roberts injury and the kids / playing people out of position. We don't have anyone ideal for the system we're trying to play.

A striker wouldn't go amiss, but only at the right price for the right player. I'm sure we're actively looking. To a certain extent, and against my better judgement, I'd rather we didn't buy one as I really want to see ALF play and flourish.

I agree with this man on this issue to the extent I believe we must have picked each others brains on the subject after a night of raucous love making whilst wearing Gylfi masks.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Aug 2013 21:46

You'll have to narrow it down, I do that every Wednesday and Sunday.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 10 Aug 2013 21:50

Ian Royal Not ideal, I've not seen a lot to be impressed with Blackman yet, ALF I rate, Pog if he stays and has desire is good. But our depth is weak with Roberts injury and the kids / playing people out of position. We don't have anyone ideal for the system we're trying to play.

Agree with u but i cant see Alf doing it one up top, i can see Pog doing that but he looks like he cant be arsed, so he would be best if he left

Maybe we are looking, but were running out of options as most of the good ones have gone already

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Aug 2013 21:53

Must have been a Wednesday!

I think we should hold out for Lewandowski

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 10 Aug 2013 22:12

:lol: Oh, the irony. One can always rely on this board for a chuckle.

222 posts